Studying in the UK V4

views

Vryon
post May 26 2018, 06:32 AM

<Clackmeister>
935 posts

QUOTE(Strobe @ May 24 2018, 07:41 PM)
Guys I have a question regarding the cost of studying in UK
Roughly how much is the Fees and the living cost?

I understand that fees and living expenses largely depends on course and uni, however I really have not decided on my degree or uni.
I am from humanities background so my degree will definitely be in humanities, for uni, lets say top 20 like ucl, lse etc (no need to consider oxbridge)

Im really sorry I cannot provide the details for my question however I need to have a vague concept about how much money will be spent in that 3 years, I have to make some decisions, and if i cannot afford to study in the UK, I have to make some changes in plan

If you really cant estimate the cost, please share on how much you spent when doing your degree there. Thanks a million
Well, I think I could give you the rough figure I had spent in the UK for the past 3 years (finishing my degree in University of East Anglia).

I think I had spent roughly RM350K-RM400K (RM80k in school fees and roughly RM35K for living expenses and I am living very comfortable) in total including school fees and living expenses. It is certain that UEA is at the top 15 in the list but not as well-known LSE or UCL but I am very satisfied with the learning environment and all the support given by my fellow lecturers.

I have friends who manage their time really well while they study and still manage to cut 50% of their living expenses just doing some part-time (roughly 20 hours of work per week, let's say 2-3 shifts of work is really reasonable). However, if you're considering studying at university in the city such as London or Manchester definitely you're looking into paying RM500K+- in total for your degree.

Vryon
post May 26 2018, 08:15 PM

<Clackmeister>
935 posts

QUOTE(Strobe @ May 26 2018, 06:23 PM)
I see
Seems like living expenses really makes a difference while fees wont differ too much?
Thanks a million for the figure and suggestion, will look into it
Well, it depends where you study but it will be around £14K-£22K. My tuition fees start from £14.5k for A&F with an annual increment 5%. Warwick Business School could cost me £22.5k (2018 enrollment fees). But the cost of living in my place is around £9,000 per year (9 months in total and I come back for summer) which I used to pay my rent (£400/month), utilities (£30-50/month) and still have £550 to spare for food and some entertainment (I spent roughly £70+- weekly just on food if I were to cook at home most of the time)

If I were to compare to my friends who live in London, rental itself you're looking to pay at least £700/month and travelling cost to the university and how often you eat out is another factor that could add up in your cost.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0340sec    0.25    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:53 PM