39 Pages « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Studying in the UK V4

views

wiraone
post Aug 15 2018, 07:31 AM

Who cares about all the stars?
3,839 posts

No need to rush in getting the visa, check the following link, most T4 visa should be processed at most in two weeks time.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov...ur-malaysia/all
ConfusedWriter
post Aug 16 2018, 12:53 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

A little update on my visa application.

Got another SMS saying that my processed application was received, the previous SMS was about my application being forwarded to UKVI. Still no emails but I’ve gotten the two SMS updates so far.
wiraone
post Aug 16 2018, 12:58 PM

3,839 posts

QUOTE(ConfusedWriter @ Aug 16 2018, 12:53 PM)
A little update on my visa application.

Got another SMS saying that my processed application was received, the previous SMS was about my application being forwarded to UKVI. Still no emails but I’ve gotten the two SMS updates so far.
That means your passport is already processed and here. Probably will get email soon asking to pick it up.
ConfusedWriter
post Aug 16 2018, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(wiraone @ Aug 16 2018, 12:58 PM)
That means your passport is already processed and here. Probably will get email soon asking to pick it up.
Really? That was quick blink.gif I submitted my biometrics on 7/8/2018 and didn’t opt for priority service. I opted for courier service instead of pick-up. Hope it’s good news then!

This post has been edited by ConfusedWriter: Aug 16 2018, 02:16 PM
wiraone
post Aug 16 2018, 03:22 PM

3,839 posts

QUOTE(ConfusedWriter @ Aug 16 2018, 02:12 PM)
Really? That was quick blink.gif I submitted my biometrics on 7/8/2018 and didn’t opt for priority service. I opted for courier service instead of pick-up. Hope it’s good news then!
If you're getting SMS or email something like the following (this is last year email/post):

"
Dear ** ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number - *** was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/19/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
"

Then yours is ready for picking up.
ConfusedWriter
post Aug 16 2018, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(wiraone @ Aug 16 2018, 03:22 PM)
If you're getting SMS or email something like the following (this is last year email/post):

"
Dear **  ,
The processed visa application for GWF reference number -  ***  was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/19/2017 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
"

Then yours is ready for picking up.
The SMS I received earlier today was this:

“The processed visa application for GWF (reference number) was received on 8/16/2018.”

It didn’t say anything else so I guess I’ll just wait for the email or keep checking the tracking number to see if my passport is being shipped.

Edit: My passport just got shipped! Fingers crossed smile.gif

Edit 2: Received my visa!

This post has been edited by ConfusedWriter: Aug 17 2018, 02:48 PM
Jazlilong
post Aug 19 2018, 06:32 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

Hey,

Just wanna ask. Since malaysia is a low risk country does that mean I do not hv to submit my financial and educational docs(ielts and alevels)?? So I only need to bring my TB cert and passport to the appointment? anything else?
Eurobeater
post Aug 19 2018, 08:20 PM

Kancil Dorifto!
1,184 posts

QUOTE(Jazlilong @ Aug 19 2018, 06:32 PM)
Hey,

Just wanna ask. Since malaysia is a low risk country does that mean I do not hv to submit my financial and educational docs(ielts and alevels)?? So I only need to bring my TB cert and passport to the appointment? anything else?
In general, yes. The financial and educational documents are in most cases optional. Even if you have it, there is a good chance that the staff at the VFS office won't take it. So as long as you have the university CAS number, TB cert and passport. You are all set to apply for the visa.
Jazlilong
post Aug 19 2018, 09:18 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(Eurobeater @ Aug 19 2018, 08:20 PM)
In general, yes. The financial and educational documents are in most cases optional. Even if you have it, there is a good chance that the staff at the VFS office won't take it. So as long as you have the university CAS number, TB cert and passport. You are all set to apply for the visa.
ohh alright thanks... Do you know when do universities issue CAS statements?

Eurobeater
post Aug 19 2018, 09:29 PM

Kancil Dorifto!
1,184 posts

QUOTE(Jazlilong @ Aug 19 2018, 09:18 PM)
ohh alright thanks... Do you know when do universities issue CAS statements?
Usually it's anywhere between a week to a month. If they take too long, do send an email to check up.
wildprincessx
post Aug 21 2018, 09:43 PM

17 posts

Hi! Just went for my biometrics today. Didn't opt for the premium service as was quite pricey and didn't want to fork out such a big sum. However, now I am a bit concerned because I am leaving on the 15th of September. Do you think my visa will arrive before then?
Mr.dupe
post Aug 21 2018, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(wildprincessx @ Aug 21 2018, 09:43 PM)
Hi! Just went for my biometrics today. Didn't opt for the premium service as was quite pricey and didn't want to fork out such a big sum. However, now I am a bit concerned because I am leaving on the 15th of September. Do you think my visa will arrive before then?
The two time i apply for my visa/brp, i receive them within a week, so you should be fine
wildprincessx
post Aug 21 2018, 10:20 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Mr.dupe @ Aug 21 2018, 10:03 PM)
The two time i apply for my visa/brp, i receive them within a week, so you should be fine
This is without priority service? rclxms.gif ah I'm relived. Also, do you know what emails I will be expecting from them? Thank youuu
Mr.dupe
post Aug 21 2018, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(wildprincessx @ Aug 21 2018, 10:20 PM)
This is without priority service?  rclxms.gif ah I'm relived. Also, do you know what emails I will be expecting from them? Thank youuu
Yea, i used the normal service. You should receive an email telling you that the visa application centre received your passport. Bear in mind that if you opt for delivery service, it may take longer (additional 2~3 days to get to you)

This post has been edited by Mr.dupe: Aug 21 2018, 10:33 PM
ConfusedWriter
post Aug 21 2018, 10:53 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(wildprincessx @ Aug 21 2018, 09:43 PM)
Hi! I didn’t opt for priority service and I got my passport back within 8 working days. Technically mine was done within 7 working days as they notified me through SMS that my passport was ready for collection, but I went for courier service so it took one more day for my passport to get to me.
wildprincessx
post Aug 21 2018, 11:03 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(ConfusedWriter @ Aug 21 2018, 10:53 PM)
Hi! I didn’t opt for priority service and I got my passport back within 8 working days. Technically mine was done within 7 working days as they notified me through SMS that my passport was ready for collection, but I went for courier service so it took one more day for my passport to get to me.
Oh thanks for the reply! Was the 7 working days inclusive of the day you sent it in and did the biometrics?
wildprincessx
post Aug 21 2018, 11:04 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(Mr.dupe @ Aug 21 2018, 10:32 PM)
Yea, i used the normal service. You should receive an email telling you that the visa application centre received your passport. Bear in mind that if you opt for delivery service, it may take longer (additional 2~3 days to get to you)
Thank you! I opted for self collection smile.gif did you apply during busy period? Ie: August-September?
ConfusedWriter
post Aug 21 2018, 11:55 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(wildprincessx @ Aug 21 2018, 11:04 PM)
Thank you! I opted for self collection smile.gif did you apply during busy period? Ie: August-September?
I went for my visa appointment on the 7th of August. smile.gif
Mr.dupe
post Aug 22 2018, 12:50 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(wildprincessx @ Aug 21 2018, 11:04 PM)
The first time was in August September, the second time was in December
wiraone
post Aug 22 2018, 11:11 AM

3,839 posts

Only last year when they gone onshoring the process, it was delayed. I guess the process is now quite fast, shouldn't be more than two weeks waiting.

39 Pages « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0203sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:26 PM