Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Studying in the UK V4

views

eddydo
post Jun 29 2017, 05:05 PM

vroom vrooom~
1,260 posts

QUOTE(ericling @ Jun 29 2017, 12:24 PM)
Thanks. Will be providing a translation copy just in case.

Also, what are the financial evidence should I prepare? Currently I have bank statements from my parents. Is that sufficient?
That should be sufficient (minimum remaining tuition fee + 9 months of estimated living fee). Additionally you can prepare a written consent that your parents will be funding your studies.
ericling
post Jun 29 2017, 08:18 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(eddydo @ Jun 29 2017, 05:05 PM)
That should be sufficient (minimum remaining tuition fee + 9 months of estimated living fee). Additionally you can prepare a written consent that your parents will be funding your studies.
Alright, thanks!

Must the money (minimum remaining tuition fee + 9 months of estimated living fee) shown in full amount as cash in the bank statement?
eddydo
post Jun 29 2017, 09:31 PM

vroom vrooom~
1,260 posts

QUOTE(ericling @ Jun 29 2017, 08:18 PM)
Alright, thanks!

Must the money (minimum remaining tuition fee + 9 months of estimated living fee) shown in full amount as cash in the bank statement?
As far as I know, no; but to prevent hiccups preferably it should be in one/two accounts under the same name (not too sure if they updated this). Last year I did submit multiple bank statements. Do remember the funds have to be there for a minimum of 28 days untouched before the visa application.
ericling
post Jun 30 2017, 09:28 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(eddydo @ Jun 29 2017, 09:31 PM)
As far as I know, no; but to prevent hiccups preferably it should be in one/two accounts under the same name (not too sure if they updated this). Last year I did submit multiple bank statements. Do remember the funds have to be there for a minimum of 28 days untouched before the visa application.
May I know much cash money did you show in your statement? And did you submit these financial evidence during the document submission in VFS Global?

When's considered as the 'visa application'? Application submission in visa4uk date (same day as payment) or the document submission appointment in VFS Global?

This post has been edited by ericling: Jun 30 2017, 09:34 PM
eddydo
post Jul 1 2017, 07:11 AM

vroom vrooom~
1,260 posts

QUOTE(ericling @ Jun 30 2017, 09:28 PM)
May I know much cash money did you show in your statement? And did you submit these financial evidence during the document submission in VFS Global?

When's considered as the 'visa application'? Application submission in visa4uk date (same day as payment) or the document submission appointment in VFS Global?
"May I know much cash money did you show in your statement?"
I showed 9 months + fees + 15% extra if I'm not mistaken. I showed mine in GBP cause when I came here (uk) the currency was very unstable and I had already set aside money and exchanged it earlier, and that 15% was just there with no intention. You can show it in RM, just don't go below the minimum and make sure there is a little extra to compensate for the exchange rate, you don't want the extra delay on your visa.

"did you submit these financial evidence during the document submission in VFS Global?"
Yes I did. There is a change in visa application this year, but I haven't catch up on it yet.

"When's considered as the 'visa application'? Application submission in visa4uk date (same day as payment) or the document submission appointment in VFS Global?"
I don't know the exact answer but I would say the earlier the better.

ADD: was just browsing randomly and I saw this on one of the universities webpage (NOT OFFICIAL GUIDELINES FROM VFS).

Any money you use for maintenance (tuition fees and living costs) must be in your account for a consecutive period of 28 days. During the 28 day period this money cannot drop below the required amount for even one day or you will not meet the Home Office requirements and your application will be refused. Your bank statement must be no more than 31 days old on the date of your application.

All this info above is based on my experience, I might be wrong :c. I would say always prepare the "just in case" part.

Alternatively, you could get an agent to help you. They helped me with my university application, so I guess they could also help you on your visa application. It's free btw, just that you might need to let them have control of your uni application (not a bad thing), and maybe help promote their service sweat.gif . contact: development@ukec.com and mention that "WQ Do" introduced their service whistling.gif

This post has been edited by eddydo: Jul 1 2017, 07:30 AM
eddydo
post Jul 5 2017, 05:28 AM

vroom vrooom~
1,260 posts

ApplicationUK Visa Guidance-
https://intl.applicationuk.com/Home_News_detail_id_1676.html

Here you can find some useful information for visa application. Hope it helps!
Secret Choong
post Jul 6 2017, 01:18 AM

Getting Started
184 posts

Quick question:

Who should the letter of consent (by parents to confirm the funds are for my use in the uk) should be addressed to?
yanhui95
post Jul 31 2017, 11:44 PM

Already started
1,441 posts

QUOTE(Secret Choong @ Jul 6 2017, 01:18 AM)
Quick question:

Who should the letter of consent (by parents to confirm the funds are for my use in the uk) should be addressed to?
bump.

You can address it as "To whom it may concern"

as the content of the letter would have already explained the nature of the funds and purpose of it, address would not be an issue.

wiraone
post Aug 2 2017, 01:34 PM

Who cares about all the stars?
3,839 posts

How long usually it takes for CAS number to be issued by UK university once you've pay the deposit? It has been almost two weeks now since we pay the deposit and my daughter hasn't got hers. The last email from the university is, she got the unconditional offer and waiting for her deposit and they'll issue the CAS number.

This post has been edited by wiraone: Aug 2 2017, 01:43 PM
eddydo
post Aug 2 2017, 05:20 PM

vroom vrooom~
1,260 posts

QUOTE(wiraone @ Aug 2 2017, 01:34 PM)
How long usually it takes for CAS number to be issued by UK university once you've pay the deposit? It has been almost two weeks now since we pay the deposit and my daughter hasn't got hers. The last email from the university is, she got the unconditional offer and waiting for her deposit and they'll issue the CAS number.
no idea if there is a standard timing or not but from experience it take around 3-4 days.

You can check with the university admission team.
wiraone
post Aug 2 2017, 05:53 PM

3,839 posts

QUOTE(eddydo @ Aug 2 2017, 05:20 PM)
no idea if there is a standard timing or not but from experience it take around 3-4 days.

You can check with the university admission team.
Finally, got it today. No idea why it takes so long since the website said 5 working day. Now, to next step applying for the visa.
BabyCelin
post Aug 3 2017, 05:02 PM

24 posts

Hi all, I am applying Tier4 visa for September intake. I would like to ask is anyone submitted bank letter instead of bank statement as financial evidence?

My money is in my Maybank account, but today I found out there is no way to print bank statement that is up to yesterday. Maybank2u only able to print out statement quarterly. I called Maybank, the staff say they can write me a confirmation of letter of my money in my bank account, but they seems like seldom do this for customer with a specified format. So I would like to ask if bank letter from Maybank is accepted by visa department?
yanhui95
post Aug 4 2017, 10:36 AM

Already started
1,441 posts

QUOTE(BabyCelin @ Aug 3 2017, 05:02 PM)
Hi all, I am applying Tier4 visa for September intake. I would like to ask is anyone submitted bank letter instead of bank statement as financial evidence?

My money is in my Maybank account, but today I found out there is no way to print bank statement that is up to yesterday. Maybank2u only able to print out statement quarterly. I called Maybank, the staff say they can write me a confirmation of letter of my money in my bank account, but they seems like seldom do this for customer with a specified format. So I would like to ask if bank letter from Maybank is accepted by visa department?
I used a bank letter instead of a statement. I'm sure you'd be able to arrange something with staff/manager from your home branch.

wiraone
post Aug 4 2017, 10:18 PM

3,839 posts

QUOTE(BabyCelin @ Aug 3 2017, 05:02 PM)

Just got a bank letter today from Maybank saying how much I have for the past 28 days as required. My daughter is going for Monday's appointment. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Btw, I brought a sample found from the University website, just show to the bank on the format, and they just follow it.

This post has been edited by wiraone: Aug 4 2017, 10:22 PM
digitalz
post Aug 5 2017, 11:30 PM

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
2,030 posts

To be honest, I have never showed them anything for financial records. New application, renewal etc. I have never encountered any situation that they will need my bank details for my visa. (Well, still recommended to bring them just in case).

Before I forget, those applying for visa, to be honest, the universities are SLOW during summer breaks. Less office staffs in the office, backlog of emails/enquiries etc to cover. Tons of work but not enough staffs.

This post has been edited by digitalz: Aug 5 2017, 11:51 PM
BabyCelin
post Aug 6 2017, 12:30 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(yanhui95 @ Aug 4 2017, 10:36 AM)
I used a bank letter instead of a statement. I'm sure you'd be able to arrange something with staff/manager from your home branch.
Thanks for your feedback!

QUOTE(wiraone @ Aug 4 2017, 10:18 PM)
Just got a bank letter today from Maybank saying how much I have for the past 28 days as required. My daughter is going for Monday's appointment. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Btw, I brought a sample found from the University website, just show to the bank on the format, and they just follow it.
Thanks for your feedback! May I know the currency shown in the bank letter is MYR? And after you have done on9 payment, what is the earliest available date for the appointment? Can choose next day or must be few days after the application date?

This post has been edited by BabyCelin: Aug 6 2017, 12:36 AM
wiraone
post Aug 6 2017, 06:53 AM

3,839 posts

QUOTE(BabyCelin @ Aug 6 2017, 12:30 AM)
Thanks for your feedback!
Thanks for your feedback! May I know the currency shown in the bank letter is MYR? And after you have done on9 payment, what is the earliest available date for the appointment? Can choose next day or must be few days after the application date?
The letter has both MYR and GBP amount printed. When we booked the appointment, the earliest possible without paying extra is 3 working days. Pay extra, you can get earlier but I don't think you can get next working day.
MikeWJ
post Aug 6 2017, 07:30 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

Hi guys, will be going for my visa appt on Tuesday 8 Aug 2017.
I'm planning to fly on 3rd Sept to the UK.
Do I have enough time? Priority service or save the cash?
zeng
post Aug 6 2017, 08:04 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

Save the cash.
Jckc
post Aug 6 2017, 08:29 PM

Casual
330 posts

as above.
you should get it by the end of the month or quicker.

39 Pages « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:25 AM