6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Finance required to fund a child.

views

TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 13 2015, 12:58 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(braindeath @ Nov 13 2015, 12:55 PM)
Not sure to feel good or not , but my baby still can wear some of her newborn clothes

Always on the yellow line  sweat.gif  maybe cause of genetic lol
what do you mean by that? as in your baby dont grow fasT?
Syd G
post Nov 13 2015, 02:58 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

QUOTE(wongck @ Nov 13 2015, 09:03 AM)
Wow...we share the same common...salary, first daughter, kk checkup, delivered at hukm, breastfeeding.
Save alot on milk, all her savings goto into her bank and sspn. much more richer than her daddy now  rclxms.gif
Ya. Her bank acc is definitely bigger than mine cry.gif

But oklah. SSPN can offset tax also brows.gif
braindeath
post Nov 13 2015, 08:45 PM

On my way
521 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Nov 13 2015, 12:58 PM)
what do you mean by that? as in your baby dont grow fasT?
Yep, her height and weight during check up always on yellow line

No problem on her diet, always open her mouth whenever we feed her, no problem on bf

Like I said maybe due to genetic...
TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 13 2015, 10:06 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(braindeath @ Nov 13 2015, 08:45 PM)
Yep, her height and weight during check up always on yellow line

No problem on her diet, always open her mouth whenever we feed her, no problem on bf

Like I said maybe due to genetic...
as in you and your spouse are small in size?
SUSsupersound
post Nov 14 2015, 11:32 AM

10k Club
11,554 posts

Change your lifestyle, like every time eating or drinking out in high class restaurants, is time to cut down to once every 6 months.
If using data plan, is time to change it to basic plan, Screamyx no need to have 8mbps, 2-4mbps are more than enough.
braindeath
post Nov 14 2015, 08:16 PM

On my way
521 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Nov 13 2015, 10:06 PM)
as in you and your spouse are small in size?
Yep, both are short.... laugh.gif
TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 14 2015, 09:46 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(braindeath @ Nov 14 2015, 08:16 PM)
Yep, both are short.... laugh.gif
I guess your kid needs to play basketball and drink a lot of milk growing up
boarulez
post Nov 15 2015, 08:54 PM

Casual
357 posts

i'm also a worried man like you, but my friends always tell me this,
after your child comes out, you will somehow get the money.
if you are hesitating too much because of money you won't have kids.

at that time you will find ways to dig money and cut cost for your child la.
last time every morning breakfast starbucks, now at home roti sapu kaya settle la. (example)
TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 15 2015, 10:39 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(boarulez @ Nov 15 2015, 08:54 PM)

last time every morning breakfast starbucks, now at home roti sapu kaya settle la. (example)
if now also sapu kaya with roti. then how cry.gif
cc980024
post Nov 16 2015, 10:09 AM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Nov 15 2015, 10:39 PM)
if now also sapu kaya with roti. then how  cry.gif
Eat oats, oats cheaper and more filling .. with water. tongue.gif
TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 16 2015, 01:40 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Nov 16 2015, 10:09 AM)
Eat oats, oats cheaper and more filling .. with water. tongue.gif
hahaha healthier also right? hahaha
boarulez
post Nov 16 2015, 07:09 PM

Casual
357 posts

if your mom or mother in law willing to help you to take care your kids, will save up a huge sum of money.

TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 16 2015, 11:32 PM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(boarulez @ Nov 16 2015, 07:09 PM)
if your mom or mother in law willing to help you to take care your kids, will save up a huge sum of money.
haha my mother in law back in kampung... i will miss my future kids cause working in the city. cry.gif
braindeath
post Nov 18 2015, 08:29 AM

On my way
521 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Nov 14 2015, 09:46 PM)
I guess your kid needs to play basketball and drink a lot of milk growing up
Already planned up, judo n swimming laugh.gif my wife hate the taste of milk, hopefully she wont follow her mom...

QUOTE(boarulez @ Nov 15 2015, 08:54 PM)

In Islam we believe everybody have their own part(rezeki)

Let say before this you and spouse sharing a slice of bread, after a kid, you have to share amongg 3 of you, the share will be smaller but evryone will have their own ....
TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 18 2015, 09:01 AM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(braindeath @ Nov 18 2015, 08:29 AM)
Already planned up, judo n swimming laugh.gif  my wife hate the taste of milk, hopefully she wont follow her mom...
In Islam we believe everybody have their own part(rezeki)

Let say before this you and spouse sharing a slice of bread, after a kid, you have to share amongg 3 of you, the share will be smaller but evryone will have their own ....
yeah bro. I think not many people can have more than 2-3 kids if you want proper upbringing for them.
cc980024
post Nov 18 2015, 09:51 AM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Nov 18 2015, 09:01 AM)
yeah bro. I think not many people can have more than 2-3 kids if you want proper upbringing for them.
Right. It depends on what you wanted to offer to your children vs affordability. I always told my son that he can have freedom to choose what he wanted to learn as I only need to finance him alone. But if he have siblings.. his robotics, piano, swimming class.. may not happen at all.. coz all children need to have fair chance to learn.. so the budget have to be share which resulted in "$ not enough" for all.

Yesterday, he was so angry that someone wrongly took his school shoes (they took off their shoes during Robotic special class). Actually his own shoes have a few tear lines but no lubang, yet we intend to get him new 1 for next year coz water will sips in during heavy rain. But he was so upset returning home with and overly koyak shoes (can see his feet) that belongs to someone else. (same pattern, same size)
I told him to look around, see if he can find his shoe (we have name on the sole) the next day. But told him if the other kids insist not to return the shoe.. we'll just let him have it as donation (since his shoe so koyak and still wearing). Anyway, is just few more days to go and we are going to buy new 1 (as planned) for next yr.
But I guess my reaction will be totally different if I have 3 kids, coz my son's shoe still wearable (compare what we had when we were young last time). Is just tat he is single child, and we are ok to provide him with something better.. and donate his old stuff out.
TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 18 2015, 10:06 AM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Nov 18 2015, 09:51 AM)
Right. It depends on what you wanted to offer to your children vs affordability. I always told my son that he can have freedom to choose what he wanted to learn as I only need to finance him alone. But if he have siblings.. his robotics, piano, swimming class.. may not happen at all.. coz all children need to have fair chance to learn.. so the budget have to be share which resulted in "$ not enough" for all.

Yesterday, he was so angry that someone wrongly took his school shoes (they took off their shoes during Robotic special class). Actually his own shoes have a few tear lines but no lubang, yet we intend to get him new 1 for next year coz water will sips in during heavy rain. But he was so upset returning home with and overly koyak shoes (can see his feet) that belongs to someone else. (same pattern, same size)
I told him to look around, see if he can find his shoe (we have name on the sole) the next day. But told him if the other kids insist not to return the shoe.. we'll just let him have it as donation (since his shoe so koyak and still wearing). Anyway, is just few more days to go and we are going to buy new 1 (as planned) for next yr.
But I guess my reaction will be totally different if I have 3 kids, coz my son's shoe still wearable (compare what we had when we were young last time). Is just tat he is single child, and we are ok to provide him with something better.. and donate his old stuff out.
yeah when i was growing up I did felt some unfairness or bias towards siblings. Felt like why didnt I get those benefits and toys when I was younger... as I grew up I understood it is difficult for my dad (sole bread winner) to give the best for all of his children.

Now that I am an adult, I dont think I feel the need to overprovide my future kids with stuff they dont need. Like babies & kids have their own ipad or handphones for their games.

How is that even beneficial for the kid when he starts staring into those radiated screens since they were a baby?

What happened to books?
cc980024
post Nov 18 2015, 10:29 AM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Nov 18 2015, 10:06 AM)
yeah when i was growing up I did felt some unfairness or bias towards siblings. Felt like why didnt I get those benefits and toys when I was younger... as I grew up I understood it is difficult for my dad (sole bread winner) to give the best for all of his children.

Now that I am an adult, I dont think I feel the need to overprovide my future kids with stuff they dont need. Like babies & kids have their own ipad or handphones for their games.

How is that even beneficial for the kid when he starts staring into those radiated screens since they were a baby?

What happened to books?
I am a middle child at home. I end up wearing hand-down clothes from my elder sis. But my mom will get new clothes for my younger sis due to the clothes end up too old/koyak after my turn. In short, both eldest and youngest get the new 1 and myself being the middle most of the time get hand-down.. not only clothes, tat include school bag, shoes, etc. My sister applied for local Uni and to play safe, she applied UTAR in case no news from local Uni (and she end up with local Uni). When it comes my time, my mom told me to apply local Uni ONLY. I told her that I want to apply UTAR to play safe too. She told me dun ever think bout it.. can't afford. But as a child, I really feel bias.. of why my sis can apply and for me.. not even thinking to enroll.. even applying also not allow. sad.gif
And of coz seeing more bias case happen in my hubby's family.. thou all parents love their children, but we won't know if we have done something that children see it as bias. To reduce such thing happen, I keep to 1.

Ipad and phones is unnecessary. But nowadays, enrichment courses is very important to make your child stands up. Yes, there are many talented child who doesn't need enrichment course but how many of them gone undiscovered? You need to provide music courses before a child can grown up to be a musician, right? Nicole David needs to learn squash before she become the world champion too. Our schools does not build to discover kids talent (esp those outside the school syllabus). Our kids may not be good in any of it.. but at least a ground to get them tested is needed. That's what I want provide.

But of course, I have lots of frens happily having 3-4 kids .. going schools like wat we used to be (our generation) and coming home happily playing toys with siblings. Which this never happen to my boy as he is single.
Syd G
post Nov 18 2015, 05:16 PM

Mom. Servant of God.
Group Icon
VIP
8,023 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Nov 18 2015, 10:29 AM)
I am a middle child at home. I end up wearing hand-down clothes from my elder sis. But my mom will get new clothes for my younger sis due to the clothes end up too old/koyak after my turn. In short, both eldest and youngest get the new 1 and myself being the middle most of the time get hand-down.. not only clothes, tat include school bag, shoes, etc. My sister applied for local Uni and to play safe, she applied UTAR in case no news from local Uni (and she end up with local Uni). When it comes my time, my mom told me to apply local Uni ONLY. I told her that I want to apply UTAR to play safe too. She told me dun ever think bout it.. can't afford. But as a child, I really feel bias.. of why my sis can apply and for me.. not even thinking to enroll.. even applying also not allow. sad.gif
And of coz seeing more bias case happen in my hubby's family.. thou all parents love their children, but we won't know if we have done something that children see it as bias. To reduce such thing happen, I keep to 1.

Ipad and phones is unnecessary. But nowadays, enrichment courses is very important to make your child stands up. Yes, there are many talented child who doesn't need enrichment course but how many of them gone undiscovered? You need to provide music courses before a child can grown up to be a musician, right? Nicole David needs to learn squash before she become the world champion too. Our schools does not build to discover kids talent (esp those outside the school syllabus). Our kids may not be good in any of it.. but at least a ground to get them tested is needed. That's what I want provide.

But of course, I have lots of frens happily having 3-4 kids .. going schools like wat we used to be (our generation) and coming home happily playing toys with siblings. Which this never happen to my boy as he is single.
That's actually quite sad sad.gif

I'm the eldest and had to go pay for all my uni fees and allowance myself. My parents' rule were "we'll pay fees and allowance for you if you choose any local uni. private uni find your own funding". I'm the only one whom ended up in private u and the rest of my siblings went to local u. I think it was a fair agreement.

My eldest gets hand me downs from my cousins biggrin.gif She likes the clothes too.. cause sometimes I can only afford 1 nice dress, but with hand me downs, she can get 5 very nice dresses sweat.gif ! So I get to avoid the middle children getting hand me downs problem laugh.gif My middle ones prolly will get to enjoy nicer clothes than the elders cause as we got promoted and earn more, we can afford to buy nicer things biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Syd G: Nov 18 2015, 05:19 PM
biofuel
post Nov 18 2015, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

my baby is 4 months now and here is the breakdown of cost expenditure for her:

1) cost of labor is RM8k ++ plus RM1k ++ due to her jaundice
2) during confinement, we stay together in my MIL place. i just only pay her some money as token of appreciation around RM500 if I'm not mistaken
3) baby is fully breastfeeding so we do save a lot on that but wife have to sacrifice her time to pump and all but so far so good till now
4) since she is 4 months now, we will start to give her to eat some food on top of her breastmilk (didn't calculate that tho since we didn't start yet)
5) day time we send our baby to my MIL and i do give her some money as a "fee" even that she doesn't ask for it but i think it is something for her
6) clothes wise we have to start buy a new sets for her since most of her clothes has no longer fit and AFAIK, baby clothes is even more expensive than adults. so we allocated RM200 for that for every 3 months for now
7) diapers - any brand suits her. so we spend like RM200 for a month for that
8) milk - we are looking at fully breastfeeding her till 2 years old and not thinking of adding formula. after all mum's milk is the best milk
9) RM100 is allocated every month for her savings (education / car / home etc) this amount have to increase as the time goes by due to the cost of living now
10) we're lucky because of most of the check up are bare by wife's company but till then RM100 still been put into her "insurance" savings, just in case

all in all, starting a family is not easy especially in these times but nor its difficult if u know how to manage it well. i'm blessed coz my MIL is working from home mum and she is willing to take care of my baby. good luck to u if u are thinking of starting your own, and believe me, having your own family is fun and exciting journey all the way! smile.gif

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:03 PM