Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Finance required to fund a child.

views

cc980024
post Nov 27 2015, 11:06 AM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(BacktoBasics @ Nov 27 2015, 09:42 AM)
haha it just boils down on how companies market their milk powder. But hands down, mum's breast milk is the best for the baby
Yalah.. 1st time mom and catch in surprise (accident got baby)... so watever sample the hospital given, just continue having it as long as no problem incur. But frankly speaking, during that time, rarely heard ppl do breastfeeding. Even housewife feeding milk formula. And this was not quite acceptable in workforce and many working ladies, to minimal the impact at work.. will stop breastfeeding after get back to work.
But nowadays, young working mother doesn't care that much and go ahead with the "process" during office hour. More daring.

Aside to that, I have a few colleague (so happen in same team) having to do this at work. Taking turn going out to do it (average 3x/day). During company annual dinner, they make a fuss coz they requested HR to get them a nursing room in the hotel, which HR didn't bother to do it.
cc980024
post Nov 27 2015, 11:42 AM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(MiracleForever @ Nov 27 2015, 11:08 AM)
take it or leave it. request for nursing room. join other bigger company then problem solved. if working in peanut company no need dream so much..
sshhh... mine is a Berhad company in city center tat house over 1K permanent staff with additional twice the amount of contract staffs. tongue.gif
It just not in our culture, no difference whether is a big or small company. Or in short, if all the women bosses (almost all of them nearing 50 yrs old) had never done that in office, they will never agree this is a good practice in office. As for the men bosses, they will just be neutral.
TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 27 2015, 11:48 AM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Nov 27 2015, 11:42 AM)
sshhh... mine is a Berhad company in city center tat house over 1K permanent staff with additional twice the amount of contract staffs. tongue.gif
It just not in our culture, no difference whether is a big or small company. Or in short, if all the women bosses (almost all of them nearing 50 yrs old) had never done that in office, they will never agree this is a good practice in office. As for the men bosses, they will just be neutral.
hmm yeah... diff company diff culture
cc980024
post Nov 27 2015, 01:48 PM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(MiracleForever @ Nov 27 2015, 01:16 PM)
1k so small.. My company now has more than 6k employee lol..
1K is as of permanent staff in the building (HQ) with 2x contract headcount sitting in here. Overall dunno how much. Thou is financial institution but not MNC, so the culture not that open up. tongue.gif
Who knows if they set up the facilities to cater for this "milk production" activity, other branches will start making noises and bingo.. can change business already.. instead financial institution become baby company. Wakakaka.
cc980024
post Nov 27 2015, 02:07 PM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(MiracleForever @ Nov 27 2015, 01:50 PM)
if its not mnc US base company then stop dreaming.. only US big mnc will care about employee, the rest all will only know how to torture employee..
Anyway, nothing to do with me as I won't be using such facilities. I doubted any US big MNC here having such facilities as well, as they still follow the culture here. But I got a feeling probably some of the govt office may have it for their civil servant tongue.gif

Actually it doesn't really matter whether there is a proper place to do milk production in office, the young mother will find ways to get it done. But it will be a big help if there is daycare/childcare facilities in the building.
SUSthe99percent1
post Nov 28 2015, 09:08 AM

Casual
381 posts

Wow.. send child to international school... do you even know how much that costs these days? Then when they hit university, haha.. another costly bomb..

After earn degree overseas, come back work in msia for 3k ringgit per month starting salary..

The payback is not worth it.

I suspect home schooling will be very popular in this new generation.

cc980024
post Nov 30 2015, 10:50 AM

Casual
492 posts

QUOTE(the99percent1 @ Nov 28 2015, 09:08 AM)
Wow.. send child to international school... do you even know how much that costs these days? Then when they hit university, haha.. another costly bomb..

After earn degree overseas, come back work in msia for 3k ringgit per month starting salary..

The payback is not worth it.

I suspect home schooling will be very popular in this new generation.
Of coz the payback not worth it, if the final target is still to come back and work in the home country. It similar to some ppl that can earn RM3K without a degree claiming that studying in Uni is a waste of $ and time.

The objective to be a graduates, is to make the starting point easier for the young 1. Similarly, getting them into international school / study abroad.. the objective should be providing them an easy path to settle living abroad. So the parents should first identify the objectives and whether there is a need to invest that amount.

If the parents is highly restrictive in letting their kids to migrate.. then cut out any chance of it. Just like my dad, he hate ppl marry mat salleh.. he said he can allow his daughter to marry any religion, any race in this country but not mat salleh in foreign country. rclxub.gif He even said that once let the kids study abroad.. there is 50% chance they r not coming bk. doh.gif

TSBacktoBasics
post Nov 30 2015, 11:03 AM

Regular
1,799 posts

QUOTE(cc980024 @ Nov 30 2015, 10:50 AM)
Of coz the payback not worth it, if the final target is still to come back and work in the home country. It similar to some ppl that can earn RM3K without a degree claiming that studying in Uni is a waste of $ and time.

The objective to be a graduates, is to make the starting point easier for the young 1. Similarly, getting them into international school / study abroad.. the objective should be providing them an easy path to settle living abroad. So the parents should first identify the objectives and whether there is a need to invest that amount.

If the parents is highly restrictive in letting their kids to migrate.. then cut out any chance of it. Just like my dad, he hate ppl marry mat salleh.. he said he can allow his daughter to marry any religion, any race in this country but not mat salleh in foreign country.  rclxub.gif He even said that once let the kids study abroad.. there is 50% chance they r not coming bk.  doh.gif
The grass is always greener on the other side....

Living abroad and migrating to other countries is one of the best path for our future kids. But securing a job there is not an easy task to do.

My friends who studied in Australia came back here cause they could not secure a job there. Some..not all...Depends on what field of study....

Some also do not like the lifestyle in other countries. Growing up in Malaysia...we have our lifestyle & our culture. So adapting to new environment is not something everyone is capable of.

Furthermore, racism is almost just as bad as ours in Malaysia. Maybe with less violence I would say? Not really too if you see the racism in the States
cc980024
post Nov 30 2015, 02:06 PM

Casual
492 posts

Anyway, nobody knows what will be the situation in next decade or so. We just provide whatever we can afford for the young 1 and hopefully can let them have more options in future. Need to have plan but can't see too far away. Who knows? our country may suddenly become another big strong country with rich citizen.. or probably end up like a country of poverty tongue.gif .. we got so much space for improvement and at the same time plenty of possibility to be upside down.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:22 PM