Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ISP Advice League of Legend Latency, Need advice on different ISP to play LoL

views

TSBlutKaizer
post Nov 7 2015, 06:56 PM, updated 9y ago

4 posts

Hello, currently I have the unlimited FIZ plan in KL, specifically section 17 PJ. so far haven' had problems until recently when the ping flew SKY HIGH. Now I'm a gamer, always have been, and steady latency is more important to me then high speed, so when my League of Legends suddenly kena 200ms, I got really angry with Yes. After 6 months of fighting back and forth, they finally tell me they cannot do anything, so its not their problem. I'm frustrated with their service, and very tempted to quit, so I've been looking around for an alternative.

Needless to say, there isn't many because Malaysia is a fucked up monopoly. I wish I can try to get something more permanent and stable like Unifi or even Maxis fibre, but my job requires me to travel rather often so portability is another one of my key considerations for a mobile broadband.

Outside of KL, I don't expect anything special as long as can connect. After some searching I noted a few interesting ones but before I commit to the contracts, does anyone here know what kind of ping I am looking at in League of Legends if I subscribe to the Maxis 88 5GB?

Also, I noticed that they offer two kinds of modem wih their broadband packages, specifically the 21MPBS mobile WiFi Modem, and the LTE mobile WiFi Modem. Whats the difference here? and which one gives more steady latency?

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

zher4883
post Nov 7 2015, 10:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,490 posts

LTE had the highest stability among all wireless connection. Approx ping will be around 80-90 on LTE and 140-160 on HSPA. May I ask, what is FIZ plan?? From which telco??

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:44 PM