Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Planning upgrade to Unifi

views

TSXteoh
post Nov 6 2015, 08:39 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
123 posts

Im using Streamyx 4Mbps now and I was planning upgrade to Unifi but there was some question making me confuse.

1. If I upgrade to Unifi it's the Streamyx will automatic terminate ?

2. Terminate Streamyx will effected Telephone line ?

3. Did Unifi come with Telephone line ? If yes can I keep my current phone number ? (Like Mobile Number Portability as know as MNP)

4. My Streamyx 4Mbps was upgraded on this year, if I want upgrade to Unifi the Streamyx is counted as terminate right, if terminate I gonna pay how much on the penalty fee ?

5. Can I done upgrade via 100 ?

Thank you all sifu notworthy.gif
simon4924
post Nov 6 2015, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

Unifi no good .. Today morning i 10am starting download 720p movie (800++mb) till now 8.44pm only run 63%.
TSXteoh
post Nov 6 2015, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(simon4924 @ Nov 6 2015, 08:44 PM)
Unifi no good .. Today morning i 10am starting download 720p movie (800++mb) till now 8.44pm only run 63%.
Planning upgrade to Unifi because of the upload speed. Streamyx upload speed very slow, sometime TeamViewer also cannot connect.
peppr
post Nov 6 2015, 08:58 PM

Getting Started
69 posts

1. Yes, if it is done as upgrade
2. yes, old line will be terminated
3. No, you wont get the same number afaik
4. you wont have penalty, if upgrade
5. No idea. try your luck / better apply via tmpoint
yakumo
post Nov 6 2015, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(simon4924 @ Nov 6 2015, 08:44 PM)
it totally depends on the seeder.
yakumo
post Nov 6 2015, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

QUOTE(Xteoh @ Nov 6 2015, 08:51 PM)
Planning upgrade to Unifi because of the upload speed. Streamyx upload speed very slow, sometime TeamViewer also cannot connect.
why didnt you upgrade when they had VIP 5/10/20?
TSXteoh
post Nov 6 2015, 09:04 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(yakumo @ Nov 6 2015, 09:01 PM)
why didnt you upgrade when they had VIP 5/10/20?
Because my area just available on last week sweat.gif
yakumo
post Nov 6 2015, 09:05 PM

Getting Started
232 posts

3. Did Unifi come with Telephone line ? If yes can I keep my current phone number ? (Like Mobile Number Portability as know as MNP)

4. My Streamyx 4Mbps was upgraded on this year, if I want upgrade to Unifi the Streamyx is counted as terminate right, if terminate I gonna pay how much on the penalty fee ?

if you want to keep your number just terminate your streamyx, but keep your telephone number account.( you still have to pay the monthly rental)

and upgrading does not give you a penalty , you will be tied with another new 2 years ( but best if you call in to 100 for that)

This post has been edited by yakumo: Nov 6 2015, 09:07 PM
TSXteoh
post Nov 6 2015, 09:08 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(peppr @ Nov 6 2015, 08:58 PM)
1. Yes, if it is done as upgrade
2. yes, old line will be terminated
3. No, you wont get the same number afaik
4. you wont have penalty, if upgrade
5. No idea. try your luck / better apply via tmpoint
If I want to keep the telephone line how ?
But I upgrade my streamyx from 1Mbps to 4Mbps on this year, according to the upgrade receipt there got mention 12 month commitment

thank you sifu notworthy.gif
TSXteoh
post Nov 6 2015, 09:14 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(yakumo @ Nov 6 2015, 09:05 PM)

4. My Streamyx 4Mbps was upgraded on this year, if I want upgrade to Unifi the Streamyx is counted as terminate right,  if terminate I gonna pay how much on the penalty fee ?
if you want to keep your number just terminate your streamyx, but keep your telephone number account.( you still have to pay the monthly rental)

and upgrading does not give you a penalty , you will be tied with another new 2 years ( but best if you call in to 100  for that)
According to the upgrade receipt there got mention 12 month commitment

Let have a example
My streamyx just upgrade on this year april and now I gonna upgrade to Unifi again. I still left streamyx 5 month contract, unifi got 2 year contract. So after upgrade to unifi the contract will be 5 month + 24 month ?

thank you sifu notworthy.gif
iconnectbroadband
post Dec 3 2015, 09:46 AM

Validating
48 posts

QUOTE(Xteoh @ Nov 6 2015, 08:39 PM)
Im using Streamyx 4Mbps now and I was planning upgrade to Unifi but there was some question making me confuse.

1. If I upgrade to Unifi it's the Streamyx will automatic terminate ?

4. My Streamyx 4Mbps was upgraded on this year, if I want upgrade to Unifi the Streamyx is counted as terminate right,  if terminate I gonna pay how much on the penalty fee ?

5. Can I done upgrade via 100 ?

Thank you all sifu  notworthy.gif
1. Upgrade to unifi & terminated existing streamyx is not automatic, it need to process in system during registration in portal.

2. Terminated streamyx will not effected phone line

3. Unifi come with another phone line using fiber cable. You can keep your existing phone line , if your existing phone & streamyx is under same owner, terminated streamyx & upgrade unifi, remaining phone line , can process in system during registration, after order complete, you need to walk in TM for request waive phone rental for remaining existing phone line. If existing phone & streamyx is not under same account owner, remaining existing phone will cause you phone rental charge RM26 monthly.

4. Upgrade did not involve penalty. contract will renew to 24 months follow new unifi contract.

5. you can't proceed upgrade via 100, is involve doc submitted .

For your information too, Unifi no more package 5Mbps, 10Mbps & 20Mbps. Now is only package 30Mbps RM179 & 50Mbps RM229.

You may pm me if you need more detail. Thanks

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:49 PM