Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> THE FENNEL @ SENTUL EAST by YTL (V2), Sentul East KL Investment

views

BeastB
post Jun 25 2019, 08:57 PM

Regular
1,018 posts

QUOTE(tetsu @ Jun 25 2019, 10:37 AM)
Hahaha..agents advertise what owner wants? If every agent does that, then they'll be busy wasting their time on the whims and wishes of every owner for nothing. Doubt it, knowing they're commission based. You're not an agent, so of course you're free to do whatever with your free time.

Why would I ask the number of units when I'm not even in the market to lease my unit out?

Rental rate doesn't affect ownstayers like me, which is why I'm more neutral when it comes to rental around this area since I also own investment properties near by.

Re-read my previous post and understand what you're saying doesn't make sense.

The problem is you choose to ignore actual facts of the rental, rather believe the agents you want to believe and spread misinformation.

Like I said previously, "low is real, high is fake" lol..Misleading if several agents posted 3k+ ads, but you'll happily agree if rental is sub 2k.

You don't know the market rate.

What do you own that's within 10km of KLCC? You haven't bought any property for almost 10 years now..

Last but not least, why would you look to buy a unit at Fennel, if in your own words take 10-15 years to ROI?lol
This post is nothing but repeating your previous posts + nothing to back up. I am telling you what agents who are in there day in day out, they have no reason to lie to me. I told them I want to BUY a unit, if they want to lie they have strong motive to big up the numbers to make it seem more attractive than it is wouldn't you think?

I can see the market rate for myself online, yes there are units going for over 3k rental - either the bigger units or dreamers who haven't accepted reality yet. I was most keen on the average sized units 1186 and 12xx and the numbers I got put me off completely. That should answer your last question, I was keen to check out the condo and after I heard the numbers I am 100% confident that this is the WRONG time to buy.

I'm not the only one recognizing this as a white elephant in Sentul - scroll through the recent pages, there are others saying the same thing. I am definitely keen on this condo but the launch price was a joke - even the developers knew it and buggered the early buyers by letting go of their Type C units + 2 or 3 car parks for 770k! Don't tell me that made you smile.

And yes, this condo is definitely going to appreciate since it IS real estate and it IS in a decent location which will take a few years at least to develop. But the price of the condo now is NOT representative of it's current value - this is my point. You and the rest of em dived in at an overpriced value, if you want to continue denying this since you are fully vested - you are free to do so. No skin off my nose, I just wait till I get the price I want in this area.

Maybe if/when I find the unit I will upload a screenshot of the booking form here, then you'll know the price you can actually get if you understand the RIGHT time to go for property and why buying from developers = russian roulette. As far as I'm concerned, you got the bullet son.

And yeah, true I haven't bought a property for almost 10 years....do the math. Because i bought 3 between 2009 and 2011.....and I sold 2 of them in 2016. Not bad timing eh?

This post has been edited by BeastB: Jun 25 2019, 08:59 PM
tetsu
post Jun 26 2019, 12:00 AM

Casual
414 posts

QUOTE(BeastB @ Jun 25 2019, 08:57 PM)
This post is nothing but repeating your previous posts + nothing to back up. I am telling you what agents who are in there day in day out, they have no reason to lie to me. I told them I want to BUY a unit, if they want to lie they have strong motive to big up the numbers to make it seem more attractive than it is wouldn't you think?

I can see the market rate for myself online, yes there are units going for over 3k rental - either the bigger units or dreamers who haven't accepted reality yet. I was most keen on the average sized units 1186 and 12xx and the numbers I got put me off completely. That should answer your last question, I was keen to check out the condo and after I heard the numbers I am 100% confident that this is the WRONG time to buy.

I'm not the only one recognizing this as a white elephant in Sentul - scroll through the recent pages, there are others saying the same thing. I am definitely keen on this condo but the launch price was a joke - even the developers knew it and buggered the early buyers by letting go of their Type C units + 2 or 3 car parks for 770k! Don't tell me that made you smile.

And yes, this condo is definitely going to appreciate since it IS real estate and it IS in a decent location which will take a few years at least to develop. But the price of the condo now is NOT representative of it's current value - this is my point. You and the rest of em dived in at an overpriced value, if you want to continue denying this since you are fully vested - you are free to do so. No skin off my nose, I just wait till I get the price I want in this area.

Maybe if/when I find the unit I will upload a screenshot of the booking form here, then you'll know the price you can actually get if you understand the RIGHT time to go for property and why buying from developers = russian roulette. As far as I'm concerned, you got the bullet son.
You're funny. I've always provided examples to debunk the comments here. Even photos lol.

There are agents that specialize in selling and agents that specialize in leasing/renting. In many cases, the agent that's going to rent out a unit is going to be different from the one that negotiated the sale.

Hence, the agent selling may not know the optimal rental rate. Of course, there will also be sub 3k fully furnished units since some units have laughably cheap furnishings.

I much rather you don't buy and be my neighbour..you want me to pull out your previous posts about how "bad" the layout was, "not for ownstay" + now "rental is bad", "white elephant(lol)" and still you may grab a unit at auction/subsale? Surely, there must be better properties in this "soft" market and yet you can't even name me 1, fit for ownstay/investment back then.

When you mean others, you're referring to the same people paraphrasing the same comments in almost every topic, to increase their post count. Let's not forget there are also plenty of people who actually like the place as well. That's my observation after more than a decade on this forum.

Like I said, I'm phase one buyer and subsale prices now are nothing to cry about. Let's not discount the additional costs to top up during subsale transactions.

770k for Type C with 1 + 2(tandem) carparks, is hardly a bargain. Easily 100k+ paper profit compared to earlier releases. whistling.gif

johnrck99
post Jun 26 2019, 06:56 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

Done deal.

Dualkey.
Studio rented out at 2k. Fully furnished.

Then the 2 rooms master unit at 3k. Tenant wanted to studio but drcided to take up 2 rooms after studio is rented. Tenant plan to "sublet" one room out but i close my eyes. Sublet one room at 1k still bargain tongrab the 2 rooms master unit.

Maybe im lucky. Overall rental yield is 5k. Haha. Instalment? Dont ask me.
coolguy99
post Jun 26 2019, 07:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,817 posts

QUOTE(johnrck99 @ Jun 26 2019, 06:56 AM)
Done deal.

Dualkey.

Then the 2 rooms master unit at 3k. Tenant wanted to studio but drcided to take up 2 rooms after studio is rented. Tenant plan to "sublet" one room out but i close my eyes. Sublet one room at 1k still bargain tongrab the 2 rooms master unit.

Do you mind sharing your tenant profile?
King Gor
post Jun 26 2019, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

Done deal.

Dualkey.

Outsider always like to complaint which is very normal..the security too strict, complaint.. shear wall too thick, complaint..lobby/gymroom aircon too cold, complaint.. corridor too dark or too bright also complaint, really hard to please everyone..

Type G dual key rent up to 5k monthly and type F up to 4k..so far best performance among all
johnrck99
post Jun 26 2019, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

Actually i think the layout is an imrpvoement over capers. No more bath tubs which i personally dont like it.. no need for bathtub.
BeastB
post Jun 26 2019, 11:25 AM

Regular
1,018 posts

QUOTE(tetsu @ Jun 26 2019, 12:00 AM)

I much rather you don't buy and be my neighbour..you want me to pull out your previous posts about how "bad" the layout was, "not for ownstay" + now "rental is bad", "white elephant(lol)" and still you may grab a unit at auction/subsale? Surely, there must be better properties in this "soft" market and yet you can't even name me 1, fit for ownstay/investment back then.

When you mean others, you're referring to the same people paraphrasing the same comments in almost every topic, to increase their post count. Let's not forget there are also plenty of people who actually like the place as well. That's my observation after more than a decade on this forum.

Like I said, I'm phase one buyer and subsale prices now are nothing to cry about. Let's not discount the additional costs to top up during subsale transactions.

770k for Type C with 1 + 2(tandem) carparks, is hardly a bargain. Easily 100k+ paper profit compared to earlier releases.  whistling.gif
Yeah the layout is confusing to say the least, I wouldn't stay there, rental IS bad, white elephant in this market = Nothing here contradicts my willingness to purchase a unit at a discounted price. Which part is confusing you? I'm looking purely on investment basis.

Of course....people here have no lives but to increase post count. doh.gif

Subsale prices now are nothing to cry about yet because it's level with what it was few years ago during launch. My point is the market is heading downwards, it's not stagnant.

Ok this is confusing....."hardly a bargain" but "easily 100k paper profit"...... so is it a bargain or is it NOT?

BeastB
post Jun 26 2019, 11:27 AM

Regular
1,018 posts

Done deal.

Dualkey.

5k from the Type C is definitely a sweet bargain. And why not share your instalment? Shouldn't be more than 3k, especially if you got the developer last minute sale price?
Bjorn1688
post Jun 26 2019, 11:35 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

RM2k for a studio in Sentul????

Hmmmmmmmm...... OK.

Maybe time to raise the rent for my studio at Nadi Bangsar.
King Gor
post Jun 26 2019, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jun 26 2019, 11:35 AM)

Hmmmmmmmm...... OK.

Some rent out as Airbnb even higher, close one eyes easily more than 2k per month
tetsu
post Jun 26 2019, 11:50 AM

Casual
414 posts

QUOTE(BeastB @ Jun 26 2019, 11:25 AM)
Yeah the layout is confusing to say the least, I wouldn't stay there, rental IS bad, white elephant in this market = Nothing here contradicts my willingness to purchase a unit at a discounted price. Which part is confusing you? I'm looking purely on investment basis.

Of course....people here have no lives but to increase post count.  doh.gif

Subsale prices now are nothing to cry about yet because it's level with what it was few years ago during launch. My point is the market is heading downwards, it's not stagnant.

Ok this is confusing....."hardly a bargain" but "easily 100k paper profit"...... so is it a bargain or is it NOT?
Despite all the negatives, somehow there's not one other property that could fulfil all your criterias lol.

If rental is as low as you claim, then there's no investment value.

Your so called discounted prices is still way above initial launch prices.

Type C at 770k is still way above launch prices from 6XXk, which is why it's "hardly a bargain". YTL just transferred the cost of DIBS into 2 tandem carparks.

IIRC, there's some low floor Type C on Block A & D for less than 600k, which is why people are willing to accept "low" rentals.

You look like 1 confused soul. Type C is not dual key! rclxub.gif

QUOTE(johnrck99 @ Jun 26 2019, 11:17 AM)
Actually i think the layout is an imrpvoement over capers. No more bath tubs which i personally dont like it.. no need for bathtub.
I agree, not a fan of bathtubs too.

5k/month is definitely higher than most. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by tetsu: Jun 26 2019, 11:52 AM
King Gor
post Jun 26 2019, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(tetsu @ Jun 26 2019, 11:50 AM)
Despite all the negatives, somehow there's not one other property that could fulfil all your criterias lol.

Type C at 770k is still way above launch prices from 6XXk, which is why it's "hardly a bargain". YTL just transferred the cost of DIBS into 2 tandem carparks.

IIRC, there's some low floor Type C on Block A & D for less than 600k, which is why people are willing to accept "low" rentals.

Some low floor units facing tenaga is like that, pay for what you get..rumors staff purchase 400k only

This post has been edited by King Gor: Jun 26 2019, 12:03 PM
LoTek
post Jun 26 2019, 12:05 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Jun 26 2019, 11:35 AM)

Hmmmmmmmm...... OK.

the era of traditional ideas that previously upmarket areas can command super premium prices are over i guess
BeastB
post Jun 26 2019, 02:06 PM

Regular
1,018 posts

QUOTE(tetsu @ Jun 26 2019, 11:50 AM)

No, at current price there is no investment value or at least, a very sad ROI.

I haven't even shared my discounted prices or my offer for the unit I'm looking at so I don't know where you got that. Maybe you're a psychic and if you are, not a good one.

Whatever type/name it is, doesn't matter since I'm talking about the ROI from these units. You're nitpicking on insignificant things to take away the main point - the price at launch was a RIPOFF. That's all I'm saying.

These new developments were bundled up by the developers to ride the big bull run from before and in terms of actual VALUE, they shouldn't cost anymore than 550 to 600k especially considering the location and market absorption rate. And we'll find out in the next couple of years.
King Gor
post Jun 26 2019, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

QUOTE(BeastB @ Jun 26 2019, 02:06 PM)

I haven't even shared my discounted prices or my offer for the unit I'm looking at so I don't know where you got that. Maybe you're a psychic and if you are, not a good one.

Whatever type/name it is, doesn't matter since I'm talking about the ROI from these units. You're nitpicking on insignificant things to take away the main point - the price at launch was a RIPOFF. That's all I'm saying.

These new developments were bundled up by the developers to ride the big bull run from before and in terms of actual VALUE, they shouldn't cost anymore than 550 to 600k especially considering the location and market absorption rate. And we'll find out in the next couple of years.
Well say, based on your assumptions meaning better don't buy any Damansara Heights, Bangsar, Mont Kiara those low ROI props..I think better dun buy any props these coming few years, put FD definately higher return

This post has been edited by King Gor: Jun 26 2019, 02:38 PM
tetsu
post Jun 26 2019, 02:49 PM

Casual
414 posts

QUOTE(BeastB @ Jun 26 2019, 02:06 PM)

Oh now its not 770k and there's other undisclosed discounted price?Ok whatever.

QUOTE(BeastB @ Jun 25 2019, 08:57 PM)
.... I am definitely keen on this condo but the launch price was a joke - even the developers knew it and buggered the early buyers by letting go of their Type C units + 2 or 3 car parks for 770k! ...
I've said many times, based on your previous posts, you don't know what the launch prices were. Owners who purchased their units at 600ishK are looking at decent capital gains, even in this market.

Your so called research skills are poor at best. Months ago, you posted that an investment property should be fit for ownstay that can also be rented out at high ROI and now you're telling me, you're looking for discounted Fennel units purely for investment but wouldn't want to ownstay. Keep digging a hole for yourself.

Since the Fennel is of no investment value to you and not fit for ownstay at this moment, then kindly look elsewhere lol, if you can.

This post has been edited by tetsu: Jun 26 2019, 02:49 PM
BeastB
post Jun 26 2019, 03:57 PM

Regular
1,018 posts

QUOTE(tetsu @ Jun 26 2019, 02:49 PM)
Oh now its not 770k and there's other undisclosed discounted price?Ok whatever.
I've said many times, based on your previous posts, you don't know what the launch prices were. Owners who purchased their units at 600ishK are looking at decent capital gains, even in this market.

Your so called research skills are poor at best. Months ago, you posted that an investment property should be fit for ownstay that can also be rented out at high ROI and now you're telling me, you're looking for discounted Fennel units purely for investment but wouldn't want to ownstay. Keep digging a hole for yourself.

Since the Fennel is of no investment value to you and not fit for ownstay at this moment, then kindly look elsewhere lol, if you can.
That 770K is developer selling price for the dual key unit... not the price I am targeting. You're confusing yourself.

You're right, if I were to buy a unit for own stay - it has to be fit for investment. Because at any time things can change and I might need to move out. When I move out I need this thing to be good enough to be an ASSET and not be a white elephant in terms of ROI.

If I buy for investment, I don't have to stay there do I? It works for itself. Do I need to spell out my reasoning in detail for you?

Lets recap:
Anything which works great as an investment does not need to be good for own stay
Anything which is for own stay might not work out to be a good investment

I think we're wasting time back and forth arguing about this - you are obviously in a hole buying an overpriced property and will say any sh!t to defend it. I'm looking for a worthwhile unit in this area and sooner or later I shall find it, be it Fennel, Capers or the commercial units.

Good day to you! thumbsup.gif

tetsu
post Jun 26 2019, 06:34 PM

Casual
414 posts

QUOTE(BeastB @ Jun 26 2019, 03:57 PM)
That 770K is developer selling price for the dual key unit... not the price I am targeting. You're confusing yourself.

You're right, if I were to buy a unit for own stay - it has to be fit for investment. Because at any time things can change and I might need to move out. When I move out I need this thing to be good enough to be an ASSET and not be a white elephant in terms of ROI.

If I buy for investment, I don't have to stay there do I? It works for itself. Do I need to spell out my reasoning in detail for you?

Lets recap:
Anything which works great as an investment does not need to be good for own stay
Anything which is for own stay might not work out to be a good investment

I think we're wasting time back and forth arguing about this - you are obviously in a hole buying an overpriced property and will say any sh!t to defend it. I'm looking for a worthwhile unit in this area and sooner or later I shall find it, be it Fennel, Capers or the commercial units.

Good day to you!  thumbsup.gif
I'm the one confused when you're the one who keeps thinking Type C is dual key? Ok lol..

I love it when you contradict yourself again and again.

1. "You're right, if I were to buy a unit for own stay - it has to be fit for investment. Because at any time things can change and I might need to move out. When I move out I need this thing to be good enough to be an ASSET and not be a white elephant in terms of ROI. "

2."Lets recap:
Anything which is for own stay might not work out to be a good investment"

And guess where "your recap" came from (ME!)

QUOTE(BeastB @ Mar 14 2019, 01:15 PM)
You seem a bit thick. To me a good property is a place I can stay in comfortably - which means others out there would also love to stay in (for rental) or own (for purchase).

You are the one implying here that there are props for ownstay and props for rental. Which is why you bought a lousy condo for an investment, but a great one for  own stay (your words).

Titiwangsa Sentral, yes I'm familiar with that one and even looked into it. It was going for 500K back in 2011 or 2012 if not mistaken but I wasn't interested at the time because of the general outlook of the condo. But rental seems good for the price of RM500K. Congratulations for owning it.
Wonder how many times you want to be debunked:

1. Low rental? Debunked
2. Bad Layout? Debunked
3. Not fit for own stay? Debunked

-

Let the neutrals judge how smart you are lol..

Just avoid Fennel and buy something else..I'm sure you'll think of something lol..

I'm not defending anything. The Fennel is bad for you and you should avoid it lol.

Don't need another airhead owner at AGMs.

BEANCOUNTER
post Jun 26 2019, 07:59 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(King Gor @ Jun 26 2019, 11:41 AM)
Some rent out as Airbnb even higher, close one eyes easily more than 2k per month
U still believe in airbnb fairly tales???

Where you get the figure of rm2k per month?
Was it average per year or highest per year?
n_minie
post Jul 5 2019, 11:58 PM

Casual
335 posts

Block D ground floor car park for rent. Pm me if interested

83 Pages « < 65 66 67 68 69 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:13 PM