Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maxis Maxis vs Y3s, RM88 vs RM78

views

SUScute_miao
post Oct 31 2015, 07:58 AM, updated 9y ago

Look at MY STARS!!!!!!!!!
1,438 posts

Good day

I have been using maxis postpaid plan rm88 for 5g for merely 3 yrs. Now no more tht plan already. Still maintain it since its cheap.

Recently i noticed that Y3S has been promoting Rm78 for 9.5G for 2 yrs contract same like maxis, both 4G speed. But the lkmitation is need to carry the small wifi device instead of a sim cars.

Any recommendations?
zher4883
post Oct 31 2015, 09:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,490 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Oct 31 2015, 07:58 AM)
Good day

I have been using maxis postpaid plan rm88 for 5g for merely 3 yrs. Now no more tht plan already. Still maintain it since its cheap.

Recently i noticed that Y3S has been promoting Rm78 for 9.5G for 2 yrs contract same like maxis, both 4G speed. But the lkmitation is need to carry the small wifi device instead of a sim cars.

Any recommendations?
techincally none of these is considered 4g. Yes is using WiMax technology which is about 3-4times faster than 3G and Maxis is using LTE which is about 10 times faster than 3G. Yes coverage is narrower than Maxis, DiGi and Celcom. U Mobile offer a better bang for buck at the cost of coverage. Judge yourself
SUSMNet
post Oct 31 2015, 02:03 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,954 posts

Umobile rm68 with 7GB
wcypierre
post Oct 31 2015, 04:12 PM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

Keep your plan, and don't let it go tongue.gif
SUScute_miao
post Oct 31 2015, 09:28 PM

1,438 posts

QUOTE(wcypierre @ Oct 31 2015, 04:12 PM)
Keep your plan, and don't let it go  tongue.gif
Okay..

Plan to keep it already
fat16
post Nov 5 2015, 08:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

how about digi rm85 for 20gb ? no contract.
SUScute_miao
post Nov 5 2015, 09:17 AM

1,438 posts

QUOTE(fat16 @ Nov 5 2015, 08:26 AM)
how about digi rm85 for 20gb ? no contract.
any webstite for reference?

frankly, i x like those that have peak n non peak
for eg:

non peak 15G (mid nite)
peak 5G
fat16
post Nov 6 2015, 06:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Nov 5 2015, 09:17 AM)
any webstite for reference?

frankly, i x like those that have peak n non peak
for eg:

non peak 15G (mid nite)
peak 5G
dg website - broadband cool2.gif
officially have on off peak .... but dg just close one eye drool.gif
BlutKaizer
post Nov 7 2015, 06:38 PM

4 posts

Hello, currently I have the unlimited FIZ plan in KL, specifically section 17 PJ. so far haven' had problems until recently when the ping flew SKY HIGH. Now I'm a gamer, always have been, and steady latency is more important to me then high speed, so when my League of Legends suddenly kena 200ms, I got really angry with Yes. After 6 months of fighting back and forth, they finally tell me they cannot do anything, so its not their problem. I'm frustrated with their service, and very tempted to quit, so I've been looking around for an alternative.

Needless to say, there isn't many because Malaysia is a fucked up monopoly. I wish I can try to get something more permanent and stable like Unifi or even Maxis fibre, but my job requires me to travel rather often so portability is another one of my key considerations for a mobile broadband.

Outside of KL, I don't expect anything special as long as can connect. After some searching I noted a few interesting ones but before I commit to the contracts, does anyone here know what kind of ping I am looking at in League of Legends if I subscribe to the Maxis 88 5GB?

Also, I noticed that they offer two kinds of modem wih their broadband packages, specifically the 21MPBS mobile WiFi Modem, and the LTE mobile WiFi Modem. Whats the difference here? and which one gives more steady latency?

This post has been edited by BlutKaizer: Nov 7 2015, 06:44 PM
coolstore
post Nov 10 2015, 11:59 AM

Regular
1,522 posts

QUOTE(BlutKaizer @ Nov 7 2015, 06:38 PM)
Hello, currently I have the unlimited FIZ plan in KL, specifically section 17 PJ. so far haven' had problems until recently when the ping flew SKY HIGH. Now I'm a gamer, always have been, and steady latency is more important to me then high speed, so when my League of Legends suddenly kena 200ms, I got really angry with Yes. After 6 months of fighting back and forth, they finally tell me they cannot do anything, so its not their problem. I'm frustrated with their service, and very tempted to quit, so I've been looking around for an alternative.

Needless to say, there isn't many because Malaysia is a fucked up monopoly. I wish I can try to get something more permanent and stable like Unifi or even Maxis fibre, but my job requires me to travel rather often so portability is another one of my key considerations for a mobile broadband.

Outside of KL, I don't expect anything special as long as can connect. After some searching I noted a few interesting ones but before I commit to the contracts, does anyone here know what kind of ping I am looking at in League of Legends if I subscribe to the Maxis 88 5GB?

Also, I noticed that they offer two kinds of modem wih their broadband packages, specifically the 21MPBS mobile WiFi Modem, and the LTE mobile WiFi Modem. Whats the difference here? and which one gives more steady latency?
better grab the LTE mifi rather than 3G mifi. LTE modem can backwards work on 3G network mode, 3G modem only works on 3g alone.
SUScute_miao
post Nov 11 2015, 08:58 AM

1,438 posts

QUOTE(coolstore @ Nov 10 2015, 11:59 AM)
better grab the LTE mifi rather than 3G mifi. LTE modem can backwards work on 3G network mode, 3G modem only works on 3g alone.
thanks bro for the info
fat16
post Nov 13 2015, 08:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

QUOTE(BlutKaizer @ Nov 7 2015, 06:38 PM)
take note your can terminate Fiz but still need to be paid for next 18 month sad.gif
find someone in kl/putrajaya/selangor zone to cont sambung bayar.

myvi5949
post Dec 7 2015, 04:49 PM

Quiet Determination
1,527 posts

QUOTE(fat16 @ Nov 6 2015, 06:05 PM)
dg website - broadband  cool2.gif
officially have on off peak .... but dg just close one eye  drool.gif
digi peak 5gb+ offpeak 15gb = rm85
umobile peak 9gb+offpeak14gb = rm88

i would still go with umobile biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version