Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

About texting

views

SUSdemamkuning
post Oct 10 2015, 09:20 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
91 posts

Guys you see i've got a new gf. She's a beauty and one of the popular in the uni. We've only been together for almost one month. It's still in the early phase. So far everything has been well for us. No actual fights,no jealousy,great dates etc. Except for one little thing; we don't text a lot.(including whatsappi n wechat etc).
I have no problem with texting it's just that I got bored easily with one on one texting. In fact, I only texted her twice before I took her out on our first date. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to ask his gf where she is,what shes doing etc. She has a lot of guy fans and her fans text her those questions a lot. And her replies to the fans are mostly complete bullshit laugh.gif(she showed me).
I only text her when I want to pick her up for dates or to ask important questions. We only initiate small talks if she texts me first. That's because she misses me and me listening to her complaints.
So my concern is how this will affect my relationship in the long run? Should I step up my texting game? If there are girls here I would like to hear your opinions on this
carmenyta
post Oct 10 2015, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(demamkuning @ Oct 10 2015, 09:20 PM)
Guys you see i've got a new gf. She's a beauty and one of the popular in the uni. We've only been together for almost one month. It's still in the early phase. So far everything has been well for us. No actual fights,no jealousy,great dates etc. Except for one little thing; we don't text a lot.(including whatsappi n wechat etc).
I have no problem with texting it's just that I got bored easily with one on one texting. In fact, I only texted her twice before I took her out on our first date. I'm not the kind of guy who likes to ask his gf where she is,what shes doing etc. She has a lot of guy fans and her fans text her those questions a lot. And her replies to the fans are mostly complete bullshit laugh.gif(she showed me).
I only text her when I want to pick her up for dates or to ask important questions. We only initiate small talks if she texts me first. That's because she misses me and me listening to her complaints.
So my concern is how this will affect my relationship in the long run? Should I step up my texting game? If there are girls here I would like to hear your opinions on this
Did u ask her? Chances are if it bothers her, she'd tell u. For me, doesn't matter whether a guy texts or calls. Most importantly, when I need u pls be there for me. That's all.
lace
post Oct 10 2015, 10:36 PM

On my way
623 posts

if u cant keep the habit of texting don even start
stay if everythings ok
just be there for her
or she be there for u when are needed tats all
nth biggie about texting alot or not
as long as mutual trust is there

SUSdemamkuning
post Oct 10 2015, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(carmenyta @ Oct 10 2015, 10:23 PM)
Did u ask her? Chances are if it bothers her, she'd tell u. For me, doesn't matter whether a guy texts or calls. Most importantly, when I need u pls be there for me. That's all.
I'm waiting for her to bring this issue up too but she never does. I guess im okay for now.

QUOTE(lace @ Oct 10 2015, 10:36 PM)
if u cant keep the habit of texting don even start
stay if everythings ok
just be there for her
or she be there for u when are needed tats all
nth biggie about texting alot or not
as long as mutual trust is there
I see. Im just worry if she'll lose interest. That's all.
KoChun
post Oct 10 2015, 10:53 PM

On my way
688 posts

TS got demam kuning is it? want to txt gf so much... hehehe
Well depends if she is attention seeker or confident personality.
carmenyta
post Oct 10 2015, 11:30 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(demamkuning @ Oct 10 2015, 10:52 PM)
I'm waiting for her to bring this issue up too but she never does. I guess im okay for now.
If she doesn't bring it up, then it's fine. She still texts u when she misses u. It's when her texting declines only then u should start worrying. Basically u just need to make sure the communication isn't breaking down.
amduser
post Oct 11 2015, 12:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

as long as she dont change heart then is okay la, just text her when you feel like you want to, it is the mutual trust that matter in a relationship, not just texting

as long as she's loyal to you, that's the most important thing
SUSdemamkuning
post Oct 11 2015, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ Oct 11 2015, 12:07 AM)
as long as she dont change heart then is okay la, just text her when you feel like you want to, it is the mutual trust that matter in a relationship, not just texting

as long as she's loyal to you, that's the most important thing
She might or she might not. Time will tell.
pkh
post Oct 11 2015, 09:46 PM

Casual
315 posts

Not everyone likes to text. You are active in forums and love to text. Some are more reserved and prefer to keep communication in a traditional manner.

It's a matter of adjusting for both sides. For example, I'm a mass texter, write online articles, flood FB with writings and participate in social discussions. My babe on the other hand is a FB CD-ROM (read only, no write). Seldom check her cellphone for new messages. Can even ignore her phone for more than 3 days back before I dated her. After some discussion, she has begun to re-adjust herself to accomodate my texting lifestyle. On the other side, I'll also re-adjust my frequency so that I maintain her privacy.

Discuss with her and come up with a mutual agreement.
gundamsp01
post Oct 11 2015, 10:00 PM

gunpla procrastinator
864 posts

if dislike texting, why not just give a 5-10min call per day or once every few days?
talking is miles easier than texting, and waste less time
amduser
post Oct 12 2015, 08:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

QUOTE(demamkuning @ Oct 11 2015, 01:18 PM)
She might or she might not. Time will tell.
be confidence and just do what you can la, after everything you have done and she still choose to leave you then i guess she's not a keeper?

it's bad to say this, but it always takes two to tango, if she doesn't appreciate you then what's the value in your relationship
shaniandras2787
post Oct 15 2015, 06:33 PM

drugged coordinator
2,183 posts

you youngsters are so glued to technology that you don't even talk to your girlfriend personally with your own mouth -.-

if you plan to step up your game by improving your texting skill, be ready to get sink by someone who actually has the balls and skills to court your now girlfriend and show her how a man should be.

let me share a story of my friend. someone younger i know through my firm. I asked her how she and her boyfriend got together and she told me her boyfriend texted her at 9pm the night before and then she only realized the text the next morning at 10am. in reply, she texted "ok!" and they got together.

I was expecting at least a verbal and alive kind of confession but no.

what is wrong with men nowadays.

ymc2303
post Oct 15 2015, 08:21 PM

On my way
592 posts

QUOTE(demamkuning @ Oct 10 2015, 09:20 PM)
you already self answer yourself.
since texting doesn't affects your relationship and life, the rest is irrelevant to whatever you have now.
don't think too much about those mundane things that confuse you.
shinkawa
post Oct 16 2015, 12:42 PM

parttime otaku
855 posts

thats make you different than her fans

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:36 PM