Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Water Storage Heater Tank, Surveyed a few, so little brands?

views

TSjys
post Oct 9 2015, 08:39 AM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
190 posts

I want to install water storage heater tank for hot shower but only managed to survey few brands. Is there any other brands out there?

price based on 30 liter to 40 liter tank, my brother house currently using a 30 liter tank for 2 adults 2 kids. When we went to stay, water still hot, think 30 liter is big enough for us.

1. Jovxx - this is an old brand, famous in water heater, price cheapest, but using traditional to heat up the tank, consume more electricity. RM 700+

2. Seex - new brand, said use new kind of heating element to heat, consume little electricity. Sales was good, almost gonna buy it until he started to push me to take 80 liter tank. I only have 2 adults and 1 kid at home, kept saying I need a 80 to 100 liter tank. I wonder if I have 5 or 6 people at home, then I have to buy multiple 100 liter tank? mad.gif RM 800+

3. Sxlar - this also using new heating element, but consume a little bit more than Seex. Price wise also slightly higher. RM 900+

Anybody using water storage heater tank? what brand are you using? Is there any other brand out there?
idoblu
post Oct 9 2015, 08:53 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

those 2 & 3 cannot trust wan. where got use less electricity and supposedly very safe and all that.

if really want to save electricity, you need a mini heat pump water heater - something like this (i have no experience with this brand) - http://www.pecol.com.my/products.php#mini

but you would need the correct piping throughout your house. if i were you, just install a normal storage heater like joven etc. No need worry too much about electricity. For your size family, I think use no more than 2 units a day only

30-40 litre tank is enough if no long showers. maybe get a 35L tank?

This post has been edited by idoblu: Oct 9 2015, 08:58 AM
gtfan
post Oct 9 2015, 12:44 PM

Enthusiast
932 posts

Seers after sales is not great. Anyway...go get joven storage. If want to be safe....switch off the heater after it heat up before you shower.
Tctf
post Oct 9 2015, 02:05 PM

Getting Started
248 posts

Use solar la.
a lot of brand outside..
cherroy
post Oct 9 2015, 02:20 PM

20k VIP Club
Group Icon
Staff
25,759 posts

QUOTE(jys @ Oct 9 2015, 08:39 AM)
2. Sales was good, almost gonna buy it until he started to push me to take 80 liter tank. I only have 2 adults and 1 kid at home, kept saying I need a 80 to 100 liter tank. I wonder if I have 5 or 6 people at home, then I have to buy multiple 100 liter tank?  mad.gif  RM 800+

2. 80~100 litres is a bit overkill for 3 people, you don't use entirely or solely get water from the heater storage drum one, as when you shower, you mix it with cool pipe water through the mixture valve.
Useless for one is always using long bath one.

weikee
post Oct 9 2015, 02:28 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

Because Seer use low wattage element hence the "claim" save electric. Bit it just taking longer time to heat up water. So having larger volume may help home owner to use the warm water longer duration.

While joven using high wattage element, heating the water is fast. So don't need so big storage.
McFD2R
post Oct 9 2015, 04:55 PM

Regular
1,074 posts

I've been using 35L Alpha brand since 2006. Problem free so far. While I'm not sure about other brands, my only gripe was I should have placed a towel or connect a small rubber hose to channel the vapours that accumulates when the pressure release valve activates when it gets too hot if left on for too long. So, it dripped and damaged by plaster ceiling. Now resolved.

You know lah, turn on while watching Korean dramas, then story too engaging and want to immediately continue with next episode instead of showering.
farscope
post Oct 9 2015, 09:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,417 posts

Seex salesman tried to sell his product to me.

basically it's using ceramic as heating element. telling me how much can save in terms of electricity and the speed of heating up..

but unfortunately for him, he's talking to a chemical engineer. With the basics of conversation of energy, there's no such thing as little electric but same heating power. the only difference is in terms of efficiency. conventional heating element does has reasonable efficiency to begin with..

too bad for him, i just smile, said thank you and walked away..
idoblu
post Oct 9 2015, 11:27 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(farscope @ Oct 9 2015, 09:15 PM)

basically it's using ceramic as heating element. telling me how much can save in terms of electricity and the speed of heating up..

but unfortunately for him, he's talking to a chemical engineer. With the basics of conversation of energy, there's no such thing as little electric but same heating power. the only difference is in terms of efficiency. conventional heating element does has reasonable efficiency to begin with..

Haha....good one, you should have question him, see how they answer thumbup.gif
TSjys
post Oct 13 2015, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Oct 9 2015, 08:53 AM)
those 2 & 3 cannot trust wan. where got use less electricity and supposedly very safe and all that.

if really want to save electricity, you need a mini heat pump water heater - something like this (i have no experience with this brand) - http://www.pecol.com.my/products.php#mini

but you would need the correct piping throughout your house. if i were you, just install a normal storage heater like joven etc. No need worry too much about electricity. For your size family, I think use no more than 2 units a day only

30-40 litre tank is enough if no long showers. maybe get a 35L tank?
ya, i'm planning to get a 35litre ... no budget for a pump, but will do bypass. hopefully bypass is good enuf..
TSjys
post Oct 13 2015, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(Tctf @ Oct 9 2015, 02:05 PM)
Use solar la.
a lot of brand outside..
my first choice.. solar.. but out of budget lar.. that's y now opt for water storage heater tanks.
TSjys
post Oct 13 2015, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(gtfan @ Oct 9 2015, 12:44 PM)
Seers after sales is not great. Anyway...go get joven storage. If want to be safe....switch off the heater after it heat up before you shower.
I think that's what my brother do also, switched in on when all of them reached home, then after shower, switched it off.
TSjys
post Oct 13 2015, 03:14 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Oct 9 2015, 02:20 PM)
2. 80~100 litres is a bit overkill for 3 people, you don't use entirely or solely get water from the heater storage drum one, as when you shower, you mix it with cool pipe water through the mixture valve.
Useless for one is always using long bath one.
exactly!! those uncle must be thinking we these ppl dono anytihng la.. maybe our face looks stupid.. shocking.gif
TSjys
post Oct 13 2015, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Oct 9 2015, 02:28 PM)
Because Seer use low wattage element hence the "claim" save electric. Bit it just taking longer time to heat up water. So having larger volume may help home owner to use the warm water longer duration.

While joven using high wattage element, heating the water is fast. So don't need so big storage.
oh, you got a valid point! they kept talking about their low wattage, save electricity and etc, but everything also got two sides lor.. got pros and got their cons..
TSjys
post Oct 13 2015, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(farscope @ Oct 9 2015, 09:15 PM)

haha... me and my partner are not expert in this, but i hate ppl trying to cheat us.. i feel that if the sales (he looks like the boss actually) is not honest, product won't be that good also..
TSjys
post Oct 13 2015, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Oct 9 2015, 11:27 PM)
Haha....good one, you should have question him, see how they answer thumbup.gif
After the first guy persuade me to take 80litre.. the next guy said..if i'm selling to you, i will ask u take 100liter!! i feel like vmad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif
weikee
post Oct 13 2015, 03:54 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

QUOTE(jys @ Oct 13 2015, 03:18 PM)
After the first guy persuade me to take 80litre.. the next guy said..if i'm selling to you, i will ask u take 100liter!! i feel like  vmad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif
So did you eventually buy it?
TSjys
post Oct 13 2015, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Oct 13 2015, 03:54 PM)
So did you eventually buy it?

of cos NOT!! ban that brand d ... after asking around, survey price and etc.. most probably will take joven lar.. that day asked only know water storage heater tank also got inverter one..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0144sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:30 AM