Getting Started
94 posts

user posted image
upload pics

user posted image
images hosting

user posted image
image hosting over 2mb

Far Cry Primal is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. It is set to be released for the PlayStation 4 on February 23, 2016 . The game is set in the Stone Age, and revolves around the story of Takkar, who starts off as an unarmed hunter and rises to become the leader of a tribe.

Setting

The game is set in 10,000 BC, in the Stone Age, where humans began to use stones to create tools for their daily life, and a time where humans face numerous challenges to survive, and encounter conflicts with other humans and nature. Players play as a hunter named Takkar (Elias Toufexis), who is stranded in Oros, a former ice-covered valley, with no weapons and resources. He is the only survivor of his original hunting group, which get attacked and ambushed. Takkar will eventually rise to power, and lead his own tribe.

Gameplay

Far Cry Primal is an action-adventure video game. The game is set in place called Oros, which is an open world filled with wildlife such as mammoths and sabertooth tigers. As the game is set in ancient times, the traditional gunplay and vehicle gameplay featured in the series was removed, and players can only get access to melee weapons like spears, clubs, axes, and short-ranged weapons like bows. Players cannot purchase weapons, and must craft them using the materials scavenged in the world such as wood and stone. As players progress, they can craft more lethal weapons with a larger variety of resources. Players are also tasked to hunt for food and learn to create fire. Besides facing natural predators, players would also get the chance to be the leader of a tribe, and drive other tribes away from the world. With this feature, players are tasked to manage and protect their fellow tribe members. The game also features a day-night cycle, which would affect the game's actual gameplay. At night, some enemies become more aggressive and dangerous. Players can make use of fire as a tool for personal protection or hunting at night.

What would happen if you took the large, open-world chaos that defines the Far Cry series, removed the guns, vehicles, modern weapons and political character motivations? You'd have Far Cry Primal -- a survival epic staged in a re-imagined stone age. It's a different, but intriguing idea. The player takes on the role of Takkar, a lone hunter trying to survive on his own in the savage land of Oros. Really, the trailer says it all. It's hard to imagine a better direction for a Far Cry game without guns. In addition to surviving the elements, Takkar will have to fight off packs of dire-wolves, hunt wooly mammoths, avoid deadly saber-toothed tigers and deal with the wrath of hostile, warring tribes. All the elements of the series are here, it just looks different. Still, it'll be awhile before we get to play it: Ubisoft has slated the game for launch in Feburary of 2016. - engadget

This post has been edited by romalis51: Oct 8 2015, 10:29 AM
inexsis
post Feb 23 2016, 11:13 AM

On my way
646 posts

no one getting excited this game releasing today ? I AM !!!!!

rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
TSromalis51
post Feb 23 2016, 11:47 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(inexsis @ Feb 23 2016, 12:13 PM)
no one getting excited this game releasing today ? I AM !!!!!

rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif  rclxm9.gif
Played the Beta, quite disappointed though. The animals in FC Primal is no different with FC3 except for the mammoth and siber-tooth. You can find all those same animal like honey badgers, etc. Since the weapon is "primal", expect the game play to be slower. Though you had hand bomb later which quite unrealistic for that period of age. So going to wait a while for more review before buy it. hmm.gif
Lynixx
post Feb 23 2016, 11:51 AM

Gooner
1,837 posts

although i already pre-ordered, but seeing IGN gives 7.9/10,felt like selling off already.
inexsis
post Feb 23 2016, 11:56 AM

On my way
646 posts

is it ?
hmm.gif hmm.gif

its ok...play till finish.....going to sell it off also....
hahahahaha
Cyphereza
post Feb 23 2016, 02:16 PM

Jedi Catâ„¢
Group Icon
2,311 posts

What are the weapon choices? Curious hmm.gif
TSromalis51
post Feb 23 2016, 02:26 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(Cyphereza @ Feb 23 2016, 03:16 PM)
Bow, Spear, Club, Bone knife, Rock throwing but mostly you going to use tamed animal to attack like wolf and mammoth.
unknown
post Feb 23 2016, 02:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,007 posts

Can co-op quest?
deyamato
post Feb 24 2016, 09:22 AM

Casual
418 posts

QUOTE(unknown @ Feb 23 2016, 02:30 PM)
Can co-op quest?
No co-op for this series .

QUOTE(Cyphereza @ Feb 23 2016, 02:16 PM)
AFAIK , Spear/Bow/Club , and 1 tame animal to assist you like MGS diamond dog .

This post has been edited by deyamato: Feb 24 2016, 12:14 PM
emino
post Feb 24 2016, 01:03 PM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

Played it last night and this morning. Enjoy it thoroughly.
asrafzonan
post Feb 24 2016, 04:30 PM

47 posts

going to buy it also
but waiting for at least a month after
inexsis
post Feb 24 2016, 05:19 PM

On my way
646 posts

Attached Image

Just received mine. Going to play all night long.....
6so
post Feb 24 2016, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Montages from the game opening. So far so good. The world is pretty immersive to say the least.
6so
post Feb 25 2016, 12:00 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

The mocap performance is pretty awesome and you get to trip your balls out with the shaman.
inexsis
post Feb 26 2016, 10:53 AM

On my way
646 posts

for me its a good game.....the gameplay a bit different from normal farcry. but still some familiar gameplay.
only for me...the taming is toooooo easy. could make it harder...especially the rare animal.

but for me....overall 19% already in game status .....9/10 rating.
emino
post Feb 28 2016, 11:54 PM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

I am experiencing a what could be a game breaking bug. And apparently a lot of people experience this.

When it happens, you could never complete your beast collection as the Epic animal will be permanently killed.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

inexsis
post Feb 29 2016, 01:31 PM

On my way
646 posts

QUOTE(emino @ Feb 28 2016, 11:54 PM)
I am experiencing a what could be a game breaking bug. And apparently a lot of people experience this.

When it happens, you could never complete your beast collection as the Epic animal will be permanently killed.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

so when you teleport to other location and goes back to re-do the quest...manage to get the beast yet ?
any idea which Epic animal is this ?
i only did the Bloodfang Sabretooth. others Epic is like not that good.
so never tried yet....
sweat.gif sweat.gif
emino
post Feb 29 2016, 01:40 PM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

QUOTE(inexsis @ Feb 29 2016, 01:31 PM)
so when you teleport to other location and goes back to re-do the quest...manage to get the beast yet ?
any idea which Epic animal is this ?
i only did the Bloodfang Sabretooth. others Epic is like not that good.
so never tried yet....
sweat.gif  sweat.gif
Doesnt work as the game already autosave. I restarted the entire game and loses a week worth of progress lol.
inexsis
post Feb 29 2016, 01:45 PM

On my way
646 posts

QUOTE(emino @ Feb 29 2016, 01:40 PM)
Doesnt work as the game already autosave. I restarted the entire game and loses a week worth of progress lol.
meaning cant restart the quest ?
demn.....
which epic animal is this ?

emino
post Feb 29 2016, 02:14 PM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

QUOTE(inexsis @ Feb 29 2016, 01:45 PM)
meaning cant restart the quest ?
demn.....
which epic animal is this ?
Bloodfang. It rather suicide than be my slave lol.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:27 PM