Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Working Unfair Treatment (please help)

views

TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:02 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Wiredx @ Oct 7 2015, 02:05 PM)
Maybe you seem to be rather difficult to teach? Especially if he's treating others fine. Do you follow instructions well? Perhaps he doesn't mean it personally but your performance is affecting the restaurant's level of service. Just show him that you're improving and learning. Most of the time you can improve this type of situation, but only if you make it less about your 'feelins' but more about your performance.
I have been doing this since the first day I work man
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:09 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(ohman @ Oct 7 2015, 02:10 PM)
1. You working in low class environment.
2. You must become low class.
3. Prepare to defend yourself. With words and fists.
4. Be a man.
5. Your co workers or supervisor are all low class  (sorry to be blunt  how much are they making?  See?)
6 . Prepare to go violent to defend yourself.
7. If the above 6 points are too difficult for you. Leave and get another job.
Ya, I don't mind if you say waiter is a lower class job, in fact, indeed compare to other jobs. Anyway I've decided to stay and see how the thing going.
Although staying mean I have to (enjoy) more even worse shits from him but I will try not to leave because I quite adapted to the environment there and I like my colleagues there. I will put resign as my very last option, thanks man.
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:14 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(angelgemini @ Oct 7 2015, 02:13 PM)
it can't be fully the kitchen staff problem.
1 hand clap will not have sound.

find out the root cause of why he do that to you.
understand it.
Yes, that is 1 hand clap, what I am trying to say is I never have any verbal battle with him, every time he scolded me I just said yes, even tough our position is actually same, which is normal working staff. If I really argue with him there will be no ending story as we are speaking from our stand, no compromise. So I chosen to ignore him. It doesn't mean I m ok with that, i don't think that is fair.
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:19 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(nookie188 @ Oct 7 2015, 02:57 PM)
the only way to find out is to ask him directly - how is my performance? how can I improve it further as I really like working here ?
you are young and new to the working world so sometimes criticisms are hard to swallow..more so if you are sensitive..

talk to your supervisor and give yourself a few months and if it does not improve, maybe its time to look elsewhere if you think that the problem
is not your performance..

waiter job is not hard to find ya...everywhere can get especially now that you have some experience..

all the best..and keep your chin up..!
the world is your oyster..
Thanks for your motivation, I get it, where focus on more important things rather than emotion. But i don't think my supervisor will help me la.
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:20 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(zeb kew @ Oct 7 2015, 04:18 PM)
I wonder how curry reacts when scolded. People learn not to scold me because it is frustrating, like water off a duck's back. They get no satisfaction. Shout till they go blue in the face and I'm just  whistling.gif  whistling.gif  whistling.gif . Doesn't make me the most popular guy, but I lead a relatively stress-free life. Angry customers do tend to get pushed in my direction though.  biggrin.gif

Maybe his boss thinks he should just develop a thicker skin. You know, working a CS job, you will get angry customers who are shouting for no discernible reason at all. While waiting for him to vent, occupy yourself making up theories like maybe his underpants is on too tight, or ... smile.gif
Please forgive my level of English, can't get what you are trying to say...my English is quite poor actually.
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:21 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(off_shore @ Oct 7 2015, 06:58 PM)
I don't know about you TS but you must know that you can't please everyone in your life. There will be some people in your study/working life give your problems or causing you an uneasy life but take it as a pinch of salt.

Don't waste your time to understand why he is treating you indifferently. Just drift your attention/effort to something more worth. Put on a deaf ear and just ignore him. Sooner or later once you're so good at what you're doing and you don't respond to his scolding, he will shut up.
What is TS?
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:22 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Oct 7 2015, 04:43 PM)
TL;DR after i read until the guy keep scolding TS.

If u cant tahan, quit and change job.
Or else confront the person and ask why u are being treated differently, once u get answer, refer above.
What is TL, DR and TS?
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:23 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(ReWeR @ Oct 7 2015, 07:05 PM)
just tell your boss and resign. you are just a parttimer, it mean you won't stay long anyway.
have that thought across my mind....
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:27 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(abc222 @ Oct 7 2015, 09:15 PM)
your first job?they breaking yr virginity dude...
Nope, that is not my first job, my virginity was broke few years ago in few companies where they teach me scold is not the way to teach and is actually destructive in either teaching and learning, this is the first time I meet this kind of people, so rude...I bet they plan to work as a kitchen staff in the rest of their life. perhaps I work in a low class environment.

This post has been edited by curry chicken sausage: Oct 8 2015, 02:48 AM
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:28 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(MCBFUHO @ Oct 8 2015, 12:46 AM)
Your pay is 50% for your work and 50% for the scolding you get smile.gif
LOL, you have a great sense of humour man. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
TScurry chicken sausage
post Oct 8 2015, 02:33 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Ph 7.00 @ Oct 8 2015, 12:51 AM)
Not many boys can get tru the hardship u tell in the story.

To study and work at the same time when your food and study fee and expenditure totally

rely on the work u do. U don't work, so cant study.

Most people, including me sweat.gif , can not stand such way. Just rely on parents money and scholarship.

And yet still claim the success after graduate when actually we are all nothing as compared to you.

So yes, you are a MAN.

And thats why I dont bother to give lengthy advice on you when I'm myself during study,

not experience what u r experiencing rite now.

If you can overcome this way of life, the problem you are telling rite now, gonna be fine soon.
Ya, I am a self-support student I have borrow PTPTN la, I work to feed myself and I have some commitment to take care.
LOL, don't say that you are nothing la, everyone have their own talent, I actually envious you leh, where you don't have to worry about no money..
I think that good also la, enjoy study life ma.. rclxms.gif
angelgemini
post Oct 8 2015, 10:57 AM

1,663 posts

QUOTE(curry chicken sausage @ Oct 8 2015, 02:14 AM)
Yes, that is 1 hand clap, what I am trying to say is I never have any verbal battle with him, every time he scolded me I just said yes, even tough our position is actually same, which is normal working staff. If I really argue with him there will be no ending story as we are speaking from our stand, no compromise. So I chosen to ignore him. It doesn't mean I m ok with that, i don't think that is fair.
the 1 hand clap i referring to why this happen and not about you argue with him or not.
there is not fair or unfair, as u choose to ignore him.

you just run away from the problem and not settle the problem.
Find the root cause, settle it or lease this place.

Wiredx
post Oct 8 2015, 11:17 AM

On my way
592 posts

QUOTE(curry chicken sausage @ Oct 8 2015, 02:02 AM)
I have been doing this since the first day I work man
Well you certainly have a low view of your colleague whom you described as 'just a kitchen worker'. If he is that unimportant in your eyes why does his attitude or treatment of you bother you so much? Have you asked other colleagues why is he treating you differently? Perhaps there is something about u that bothers him, the way something about him bothers you.
wordtalks
post Oct 8 2015, 12:17 PM

ɾıɥƃɟǝpɔqɐŕ�
718 posts

Hi curry chicken sausage

I've been through your situation. Happens to me too when I used to work at this place last time.

Actually you work about 1 month only, there are still long time to improve yourself if you found yourself doing mistakes repeatedly.

Anyway, long story short, lets talk about solution instead shall we?

1) If you getting scolded, there is a reason, coz you doing it wrong. Take time to observe what is wrong and fix it from there. Up yourself to his standard.
I know its destructive to get scold, but you do not need to give a fkkk about him. Because you are still learning. So just take note what is the mistake and correct it from there.

2) Since you work for a short period of time only, time will mostly solve this issue. If you found yourself in the same situation after 6 months, probably you have issue or he have issue. Anyway, man up and speak to him telling him talk nicely, no need raise voice/scold. Only you could help yourself in the working world. So talk to him.

3) Resign is not a solution for now! Dont give up, there is a reason you choose this job. If after a certain time this job is shytty, then resign. But dont give up! and keep it up!
netmatrix
post Oct 9 2015, 09:37 AM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

QUOTE(androidpolis @ Oct 7 2015, 06:53 AM)
Typically youngster attitude nowadays.

Scold little bit, psychological affected liao. Crying some more.  Some girls I know are much tougher than u.
Softies like u will be a failure in life.

Improve yourself and stop mistakes.
Be more serious in ur work.
Exceed expectations.
I m a student and working as a part timer at night and I am self support student where my life expenses entirely depend on my own earning.

Did you even read what he posted? So easy to generalize huh? His condition is probably not as bad as mine. Where i have to work in the evenings and pay 40% of the course fee myself every day. So i probably could relate that one could do with less stress. There will always be bullies at workplaces. About crying, maybe you have not seen a man cry because he have to beat a person up huh?
trentssh123
post Oct 9 2015, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(androidpolis @ Oct 7 2015, 06:53 AM)
Typically youngster attitude nowadays.

Scold little bit, psychological affected liao. Crying some more.  Some girls I know are much tougher than u.
Softies like u will be a failure in life.

Improve yourself and stop mistakes.
Be more serious in ur work.
Exceed expectations.
QUOTE(netmatrix @ Oct 9 2015, 09:37 AM)
I m a student and working as a part timer at night and I am self support student where my life expenses entirely depend on my own earning.

Did you even read what he posted? So easy to generalize huh? His condition is probably not as bad as mine. Where i have to work in the evenings and pay 40% of the course fee myself every day. So i probably could relate that one could do with less stress. There will always be bullies at workplaces. About crying, maybe you have not seen a man cry because he have to beat a person up huh?
Exactly , our dear friend here just went south and simply judged TS psychological state of mind. Everyone's different and what softies ? I bet TS is much way tougher, 80% of our generation as I come from the same age group.

Yes of course exceed expectation is the key to success but MIND you , Is just a PART TIME waiter job as a secondary priority for his daily expenditure where as primary goal as a graduate . How far do you want him to improve? Juggling 10 plates every hand and head? Today he cry , doesn't mean he will be a loser forever.

To: ccs
Let me share a great quote by someone,

"Always remember our life is like a descending escalator , each one of us is trying to reach to the top floor. Walking UP on a DOWN-ward escalator will NOT get you any further as you will remain at the same position,
Some people that are lazy by Standing or Sitting, The escalator will descend them to the bottom. The only way to reach to the top , is by pushing yourself to jog or run up the escalator. Yes at some time you will grow tired.
Do not worry , just continue walking while resting , you will not descend as you remain the same position, walk - run - walk - repeat and You will reach to the top one day"

See you at the top ccs . smile.gif

bandit9956
post Oct 9 2015, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

I've been in your shoes TS. Except, I worked way shorter period than you of course.

Back in my University day, during semester breaks, I would join my friends to work as a part time waiter in well known restaurants, but I shall not name it here.

The person who manages the waiter and waitress, lets call him Mr.A, was good to everyone, except me.

Everything started the moment he found out that I am a UNIVERSITY STUDENT! Yes, that's right, me being a university student seems to startled him of some sort.

He began calling me names, shouting at me at doing tiny mistakes, but none of these happen to other part timers. I once remembered him shouting "OI, ****, go back study la, come here work for what? ***** you think you uni student very good is it? ", when all I did was put the wet cloth used to clean table at a different place. There was a lot of vulgar in it, too.

He just likes to pick on me, even other part timers and seniors there can feel it. Luckily, I worked just for 2 days only though, because it was based on events like weddings / annual dinners.

All I can say is, there's different types of people out there. Some are there to bring you down, and some are there to push you up. I consider this guy my "guidance" in life, because by just remembering how he treat me, I freaking swear that I would complete my degree with flying colours so that I would not end up with some peanut payed manager as above.

All the best TS. You are a tough one. Keep up with a optimistic attitude, and ignore all these people. Chinese has a saying "东家不打打西家“, you can always look for greener grass out there.

hirano
post Oct 11 2015, 12:26 PM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

On my first real job after graduating, one of the seniors often raise her tone to me, kutuk me behind her back... I simply tahan. Ignoring her if it's not related to work matters.

Now that i have gained my foothold in the company, I am still not talking to her on casual stuff, i chat with other colleagues instead. She's still earning few hundreds more than me, but I get to handle more stuff/projects in the team now. Perseverance is the key.
SUSSadSoul
post Oct 12 2015, 12:28 AM

Getting Started
273 posts

I've been in your shoes before.

As a newbie, I made alot of mistakes and my boss scolded me like there's no tomorrow.

de1929
post Oct 12 2015, 07:11 PM

Regular
1,920 posts

QUOTE(curry chicken sausage @ Oct 7 2015, 12:56 AM)
Hi Good Night to the community here, I m first time here, if I have any clear mistake about posting, pls tell me.

icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
I currently facing a situation where I totally have no idea how to handle it, I am totally......lost. Hope I can get some advices and guidances from the communities here to get rid of it. I realised my problem and I am looking for solutions.

I worked for 1 month here as a waiter in my working place there is a kitchen staff who scold me cruelly for my any wrongdoing, scold is his way of teaching me.
He scolded me again and again in every day, even just a small matter, he can just remind me gently but he wasn't choose to do so. At first I don't really blame him, because I told myself every time he scolded me (this is just beginning, after I learned and memorised norms and rules, everything will be ok.) sad.gif
After I found that he treated me differently with my other colleague (guys and girls), I hate him. Why treat me different? Why raise his tone towards me?  sad.gif  I am just a ordinary person who work for a better life. Because of this, I lost my confidence from the inside, I lost my observation and judging capabilities every freaking time I enter kitchen to pick up food for customers, kitchen became a nightmare for me, he has caused a damage to me psychologically, I never meet this  issue in my study-working life, I don't know which is the best way to settle this. sad.gif

I am not a person who always moody or without confidence, I know everything that I am doing, etc for what and for who, I work while studying because I want to have a better future. I am not a man who easily cry, but there was a few times I cried while driving in my way back to home.
After returned to home, I knew that I can't let my mood affect my any single family members, I have to pretend nothing has ever happened to me, I interacted with my families as usual. As an adult, how could I let them worry? they are people on earth who love me the most.

In fact, I don't see any other way but to seek for help here.  icon_question.gif
1. My supervisors and colleagues knew it but they choose not to lend a hand into my case, even though I desperately want help from them but I understand that from their position, if any of them helped me, my issue later become their issue, which affect their life in working, from my observation they have chosen not to take any actions, none of them.
2. Inform my boss. I chosen to put this solution as last choice because I plan to settle this matter peacefully while I could work harmoniously without his involvement, you know la after boss speak on behalf of a employee what will happen.
3. Friends. I don't have a true friend that willing to listen attentively to me. sad.gif
4. Family. From what I understand, they can't help me in any way, even a useful advice. They will straight ask me to resign.

Ladies and gentleman, I love to work there, I love my job. I try to solve the problem before i choose to resign, I will put resignation as my very last option. I have no one to talk to, I Hope to have your advise and opinion, please.

Thank you so much.
when your emotion is rising, decide not to on-board it biggrin.gif...

anyway as you are in F&B business, i have thread that focus on mindset, geared to mind your own business. it should be good to you. take a visit n thx.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3699775

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:11 AM