Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PHP Templates with customized code

views

TSyimport
post Oct 3 2015, 12:11 AM, updated 9y ago

28 posts

Hi All,

As now we don't have to create any website from scratch anymore, since we have bunch of template to be downloaded. Those responsive templates are really nice, including those for Joomla, Wordpress, opencart and etc. However, what if I need a nice template as well as the flexibility in customizing PHP code into the "platform"? Which is the best choice?

Thanks for sharing!
alien3d
post Oct 3 2015, 09:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(yimport @ Oct 3 2015, 12:11 AM)
Hi All,

As now we don't have to create any website from scratch anymore, since we have bunch of template to be downloaded. Those responsive templates are really nice, including those for Joomla, Wordpress, opencart and etc. However, what if I need a nice template as well as the flexibility in customizing PHP code into the "platform"? Which is the best choice?

Thanks for sharing!
sory none.customization is always there.
WinkyJr
post Oct 5 2015, 10:23 AM

Casual
381 posts

all CMS template already customizeable using plugins/extension/module/admin
but if u want to customize your own feature, u need to have a knowledge in PHP and how the template/cms works

zeb kew
post Oct 5 2015, 12:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,325 posts

"I am not familiar with the underlying code of Joomla, Wordpress, Opencart, etc. I want to create a website. I'm looking for a system with nice looking templates that are easy to modify and customize. Something small, simple, and easy to understand. I'm comfortable with modifying code. I know php. Please recommend me something. Something not too outdated.

Joomla, Wordpress, Opencart, etc, are too big and aimed at non-programmers. A programmer could modify them, but they're too big for me to understand completely/easily. I don't have two weeks. I'd like something I can download today, read through the docs tonight, and have my website up by tomorrow morning."
alien3d
post Oct 5 2015, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(zeb kew @ Oct 5 2015, 12:16 PM)
"I am not familiar with the underlying code of Joomla, Wordpress, Opencart, etc. I want to create a website. I'm looking for a system with nice looking templates that are easy to modify and customize. Something small, simple, and easy to understand. I'm comfortable with modifying code. I know php. Please recommend me something. Something not too outdated.

Joomla, Wordpress, Opencart, etc, are too big and aimed at non-programmers. A programmer could modify them, but they're too big for me to understand completely/easily. I don't have two weeks. I'd like something I can download today, read through the docs tonight, and have my website up by tomorrow morning."
wait till hacker hack... i see y y see me shareholder.. whistling.gif
zeb kew
post Oct 5 2015, 02:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,325 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Oct 5 2015, 01:53 PM)
wait till hacker hack... i see y y see me shareholder..  whistling.gif
Depends on what yimport have in mind. The consequence of hacking varies on it's severity.

And anyway, if you start to hack something as big as joomla, without understanding the whole thing, because you simply don't have the time to go through the whole thing, it's much easier to break the security model without realizing what you're doing. "Let me just change this two lines here in the db query ...", suddenly you've opened up a big gaping hole for hackers to come in ...

This post has been edited by zeb kew: Oct 5 2015, 02:37 PM
alien3d
post Oct 5 2015, 02:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,740 posts

QUOTE(zeb kew @ Oct 5 2015, 02:36 PM)
Depends on what yimport have in mind. The consequence of hacking varies on it's severity.

And anyway, if you start to hack something as big as joomla, without understanding the whole thing, because you simply don't have the time to go through the whole thing, it's much easier to break the security model without realizing what you're doing. "Let me just change this two lines here in the db query ...", suddenly you've opened up a big gaping hole for hackers to come in ...
no need...
Noob programmer / people : Great this design.. okay i install at wordpress / joomla.

After few month
1. dam seem lot's and lot's activity.. Hmm Great..
2. Client complain somebody access the paypal secure api..
3. I dono i will update to latest wordpress / joomla.
4. Still problem occur.
5. I will ask my fellowship / sifoo to deal with it.
5. Sifoo: You download xxx site and open 777 ? Scolding continue..Cheapskate..
6. Noob programmer. cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif
zeb kew
post Oct 5 2015, 05:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,325 posts

That's more "designer" than "programmer". tongue.gif

I get the impression that yimport is looking for "lower level", "nearer to the metal" type of template. smile.gif

This post has been edited by zeb kew: Oct 5 2015, 05:38 PM
tigaxxx
post Oct 5 2015, 06:39 PM

On my way
637 posts

Not recommended to use free template whether WP, joomla or whatever... people might have injected nasty codes inside..

This post has been edited by tigaxxx: Oct 5 2015, 06:40 PM
goldfries
post Oct 5 2015, 08:52 PM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

Even for PAID templates, they can be a nightmare to configure.

You'll go through the documents and have many attempts to get things up to speed but more often than not, changes will still happen.
TSyimport
post Nov 18 2015, 01:41 PM

28 posts

Thanks all for the suggestions. I have finally ended up purchasing Bootstrap Starter Kit (http://bootstrapbay.com/).
I find it quite easy to configure and just implement something quickly. Besides, their other templates are quite affordable as well compared to those over the other existing popular template sites.
Thanks and enjoy!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0128sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:36 PM