Ayrton27
post Oct 5 2015, 09:30 AM

11 posts

http://www.ps5playstation5.com/ps5-release-date-countdown
SUScrash123
post Oct 5 2015, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(zerorating @ Oct 5 2015, 08:37 AM)
not much exclusive developers or developers that have budget to develop AAA title to begin with, and even some developers admit that they need microtransaction to gain profit and you asking to them to develop games with a new superior hardware? to me, its too soon.See shit konami, they totally give up creating AAA title and starting focus more on mobile other than PES because the big pool of money is not there anymore. Also specs does not determine the console were great, The games and  great value were (this is the main reason why ps4 were priced decently and gain no1 in console marketshare). If you want to have console with at least gtx980 specs + i5 cpu, it will most likely cost 1000usd, how many units it will get sold anyway?

ps4 with optimized game are not bad looking at all (see the upcoming uncharted+ horizon zero down). Even the current title were not bad looker (order 1886, driveclub, etc)
If u read properly spec for PS4, even the PS3 CPU outperform PS4 CPU. PS4 GPU is not that great. When PS4 out it already outdated and far behind in term of performance. When PS3 out, PC need at least 2-3 years to catch in terms of performance. Heck even PS4 does not support SATA 3 to fully optimize SSD. Seriously?Even lowest grade mobo support SATA 3. PS4 GPU more like lower then GTX 950 and CPU performance is toward more dual core performance.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by crash123: Oct 5 2015, 09:52 AM
Ichibanichi
post Oct 5 2015, 10:02 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Oct 5 2015, 08:45 AM)
Huh? Never have a problem with my Slim PS2. If I remember correctly, there were way more FAT ps2 with problems...I have owned 2 FAT ps2 and 1 Slim ps2. First FAT ps2 died, 2nd FAT PS2  ok but when Slim PS2 came out, I sold it to get a Slim version. Still in the storeroom. Last was working fine me before being packed inside.
Ur fat ps2 is ori or pirate version?
The shopowner which i bought the slim ps2 allow me to trade in only fat ps2 but no slim version.
When i asked what they dont want slim version, the shopowner told me non playable due to heat problem in slim version.
My guess is the pirate chipset release too much heat. Slim version sure hv bad air flow design.
SUSMatrix
post Oct 5 2015, 10:08 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(Ichibanichi @ Oct 5 2015, 10:02 AM)
Ur fat ps2 is ori or pirate version?
The shopowner which i bought the slim ps2 allow me to trade in only fat ps2 but no slim version.
When i asked what they dont want slim version, the shopowner told me non playable due to heat problem in slim version.
My guess is the pirate chipset release too much heat. Slim version sure hv bad air flow design.
What pirate...no pirate. Only modded. brows.gif Slim version actuallly produce less heat because using newer technology and the chipset is done using smaller die size. Don't believe everything game shops tells you....
ichi_24
post Oct 5 2015, 10:10 AM

Casual
480 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Oct 2 2015, 11:21 AM)
Sony will file bankruptcy before that
Ichibanichi
post Oct 5 2015, 10:13 AM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(Matrix @ Oct 5 2015, 10:08 AM)
What pirate...no pirate. Only modded. brows.gif Slim version actuallly produce less heat because using newer technology and the chipset is done using smaller die size. Don't believe everything game shops tells you....
Modded....mpphh....i only knew the most stable way to bypass the game developer encryption is by using 3rd party chipset aka pirate chip.
Modded as u mean the bios being rewritten by 3rd party??
SUSMatrix
post Oct 5 2015, 10:14 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(Ichibanichi @ Oct 5 2015, 10:13 AM)
Modded....mpphh....i only knew the most stable way to bypass the game developer encryption is by using 3rd party chipset aka pirate chip.
Modded as u mean the bios being rewritten by 3rd party??
Got mod chip inside...so long ago, forgot liao what mod chip.
PhakFuhZai
post Oct 5 2015, 10:58 AM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

QUOTE(crash123 @ Oct 5 2015, 09:48 AM)
If u read properly spec for PS4, even the PS3 CPU outperform PS4 CPU. PS4 GPU is not that great. When PS4 out it already outdated and far behind in term of performance. When PS3 out, PC need at least 2-3 years to catch in terms of performance. Heck even PS4 does not support SATA 3 to fully optimize SSD. Seriously?Even lowest grade mobo support SATA 3. PS4 GPU more like lower then GTX 950 and CPU performance is toward more dual core performance.

user posted image

user posted image
PS3 GPU lousy, and confined to that 256+256 MB of segregated memory, the Cell/BE requires lots of low level code tweaking, which is not cost efficient for devs

anyway with PS4's 8GB unified GDDR5 memory, it should speed things up quite a bit, at least for this gen, it can beat Xbone till last drop
SUScrash123
post Oct 5 2015, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Oct 5 2015, 10:58 AM)
PS3 GPU lousy, and confined to that 256+256 MB of segregated memory, the Cell/BE requires lots of low level code tweaking, which is not cost efficient for devs

anyway with PS4's 8GB unified GDDR5 memory, it should speed things up quite a bit, at least for this gen, it can beat Xbone till last drop
Yup its lousy if compare to nowadays performance but at that time its still groundbreaking. PC need at least 2 years to catch the PS3 graphic performance. But when PS4 come out, its already lose to 2 years old GTX 670 and GTX 680. The PS4 already lose before its come out. U try to play the witcher 3 on PS4 and its unplayable, its even drop to single fps at swarm+rain scene. Even GTX 950-960 can play with same graphic setting as PS4 with stable 30-40 fps
PhakFuhZai
post Oct 5 2015, 11:28 AM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1910...rk_.php?print=1

wait for them to optimize further lorr
zerorating
post Oct 5 2015, 02:25 PM

Miskin Adab
881 posts

QUOTE(crash123 @ Oct 5 2015, 11:13 AM)
Yup its lousy if compare to nowadays performance but at that time its still groundbreaking. PC need at least 2 years to catch the PS3 graphic performance. But when PS4 come out, its already lose to 2 years old GTX 670 and GTX 680. The PS4 already lose before its come out. U try to play the witcher 3 on PS4 and its unplayable, its even drop to single fps at swarm+rain scene. Even GTX 950-960 can play with same graphic setting as PS4 with stable 30-40 fps
some PC hardware pushing the limit of pcie power specificication, you couldn't expect 300-400w dissipated heat on a console. Lets face it, gpu have been escalating in cost and required alot of power since 7800gtx era. Please dont be inconsiderate to the game studios, create new AAA games cost a lot heck, develop a games that fully utilize a gtx970/r9 290 may double in cost compared to hd7850/750ti performance.

sony create ps4 for being platform that cheaper to develops as it using the same architecture as pc (of course its hard to master aswell, still not seeing devs take advantage on gpgpu) and affordable to the global market, not a powerhouse that put PC to shame. Its such a joy for me to see alot of psvita games have been port to ps4 that show the ps4 popularity and its userbase could even match ps2 popularity, the more game choice, the merrier.

if you required those eye candy (high resolution, big antialliasing, better model/shadow) play the game in PC. As a PC user, console is for us to play exclusive showcased by the manufacturer that impossible to land on PC.

This post has been edited by zerorating: Oct 5 2015, 02:35 PM
askingquestion
post Oct 5 2015, 02:33 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(zerorating @ Oct 5 2015, 02:25 PM)
some PC hardware pushing the limit of pcie power specificication, you couldn't expect 300-400w dissipated heat on a console. Lets face it, gpu have been escalating in cost and required alot of power since 7800gtx era. Please dont be inconsiderate to the game studios, create new AAA games cost a lot heck, develop a games that fully utilize a gtx970/r9 290 may double in cost compared to hd7850/750ti performance.

sony create ps4 for being platform that cheaper to develops as it using the same architecture as pc (of course its hard to master aswell, still not seeing devs take advantage on gpgpu)  and affordable to the global market, not a powerhouse that put PC to shame. Its such a joy for me to see alot of psvita games have been port to ps4 that show the ps4 popularity and its userbase could even match ps2 popularity, the more game choice, the merrier
PSVita is dying, and PS4 sales is faster than PS2, the previous best selling PS of all time.

Of course devs will try to sell their PSV game on the PS4.
Baconateer
post Oct 5 2015, 02:37 PM

Meh..... (TM)
4,874 posts

still...there are games u cant play on PC....the best way would be to buy PC and PS4..
zerorating
post Oct 5 2015, 02:38 PM

Miskin Adab
881 posts

QUOTE(askingquestion @ Oct 5 2015, 02:33 PM)
PSVita is dying, and PS4 sales is faster than PS2, the previous best selling PS of all time.

Of course devs will try to sell their PSV game on the PS4.
remember ps3, to see a jump on jrpg games to saturate it when it was nearly end of the life or when it become really cheap to own. It didnt appearing on the first or two years of the console life, so its a good thing. Bigger game library is really good. During ps2 era, i dont even give a shit of graphics, only the fun factor matter.

if sony still maintaining the ego creating a console that can match enthusiastic PC hardware, and heavily subsidize it, sony may have bankrupted already.

This post has been edited by zerorating: Oct 5 2015, 02:42 PM
TSxtylish
post Oct 5 2015, 03:28 PM

On my way
580 posts

boys will always be boys.
pokchik
post Oct 5 2015, 04:08 PM

old but gold
1,283 posts

QUOTE(xtylish @ Oct 2 2015, 11:20 AM)
when PS5?  unsure.gif