Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Rental House Issue, problem with landlord.

views

imbibug
post Oct 6 2015, 11:39 AM

Regular
1,670 posts

QUOTE(xeda @ Oct 6 2015, 01:45 AM)
Everyone is saying how landlord can do this, can do that, ur forgetting that tenants can be an asshole also ah?

Tenant can destroy the whole fooking house and since there's no rental agreement, wtf can the landlord do? Report police? Lulz, good luck with that.
Well its the landlords house, and without a rental agreement the OP is not a tenant and just an illegal squatter. Call the police? Why? when the landlord can just use physical force to chase the illegal squatter out of his own property.
SUSxeda
post Oct 6 2015, 01:04 PM

Enthusiast
740 posts

QUOTE(imbibug @ Oct 6 2015, 11:39 AM)
Well its the landlords house, and without a rental agreement the OP is not a tenant and just an illegal squatter. Call the police? Why? when the landlord can just use physical force to chase the illegal squatter out of his own property.
Yeah, sure, chase the guy out and go and find the house filled with shit, or worse, the house would've been burnt down.

There's so many cases whereby the tenant destroys the house, you obviously are not a property owner who rents their property out - that's why u think landlord has the upper hand. Lulz.
imbibug
post Oct 6 2015, 03:02 PM

Regular
1,670 posts

Everything you say the tenant can do, the landlord can do one better or more. Because the tenant is nothing more than a squatter without a written agreement. It sound like you're the one without renting experience.
SUSxeda
post Oct 6 2015, 06:00 PM

Enthusiast
740 posts

QUOTE(imbibug @ Oct 6 2015, 03:02 PM)
Everything you say the tenant can do, the landlord can do one better or more. Because the tenant is nothing more than a squatter without a written agreement. It sound like you're the one without renting experience.
http://www.usj.com.my/bulletin/upload/arch...hp/t-32931.html

Let's come back to the real world eh.

What can the landlord do if he gets a tenant who refuses to pay rent or move out? Hire some gangster to move him out? How many landlords have access to the underworld? We're talking about real world here, not your made up dream.

Use physical violence against the tenant? Yeah, go ahead - then you've just done something illegal to someone by causing physical violence. Granted that staying in someone's property without paying is illegal too, but you malaysian law does not protect the landlord - no enforcement is done.

IF the world is like what you say - there would not be any issue with tenants destroying houses at all in this world. The fact that we almost never hear stories about landlord going crazy - the most they do is don't return your deposit - shows that in real life, there's jack shit that landlords can do against tenants.

Why do you think we hear so many cases of tenants destroying houses and refusing to move out? Because landlords are not protected in Malaysia, even with rental agreement. DUH.

But hey, you stick with your theory of squatting without written agreement, whatever keeps you sleep at night.

I've been a landlord for more than 5 years, and I have 4 apartments that I rent out to people, what about you? Still sleeping under your mom's roof?
caricature
post Oct 6 2015, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(imbibug @ Oct 5 2015, 11:25 PM)
Well the landlord could chain the gate and throw out the tenants belongings and lelong them off since no agreement = trespassing.
I doubt the house owner will go to such extend without worrying retaliation.

QUOTE(kienhuia @ Oct 6 2015, 05:27 AM)
Get the landlord to sign an agreement for the final arrangement might help ...
This may be last minute solution but what if the owner delay to pay back? Not that he refuse, just don't have the money since he is selling the house.

The tenant can reassure that the house is in good condition and say you don't have money, since the deposit is more than the rental, you are expected to get refund after you have settled utility bill.

What are the chances in this situation that the tenant is going to mess up the house just for fun compared to the owner delay or refuse to pay back the deposit???

This post has been edited by caricature: Oct 6 2015, 06:53 PM
imbibug
post Oct 7 2015, 02:56 PM

Regular
1,670 posts

QUOTE(caricature @ Oct 6 2015, 06:49 PM)
I doubt the house owner will go to such extend without worrying retaliation.
As would any reasonable tenant. That was the point I was making but for basement dwellers who continue to assert otherwise.
lcs89
post Oct 7 2015, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

u guy dont know how to nego wan meh? this things can be settle just by talking .. so hard meh?

show him u pay the bill ? tell him u need to money to pay the deposit .... kao dim lar with him..aduhhh
TSsoulknight
post Oct 7 2015, 04:04 PM

On my way
529 posts

QUOTE(lcs89 @ Oct 7 2015, 02:57 PM)
u guy dont know how to nego wan meh? this things can be settle just by talking .. so hard meh?

show him u pay the bill ? tell him u need to money to pay the deposit .... kao dim lar with him..aduhhh
it's not that I didnt talk to him, I already told him my situation. But he still request me to pay the rental. The reason was due to other tenant who left without paying electricity bill. What I'm afraid was that he might return my deposit once the buyer pay him the 10% of the deposit money. I'm also in tight spot since lots of money required for moving in to new house. sad.gif
caricature
post Oct 8 2015, 01:42 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(soulknight @ Oct 7 2015, 05:04 PM)
it's not that I didnt talk to him, I already told him my situation. But he still request me to pay the rental. The reason was due to other tenant who left without paying electricity bill. What I'm afraid was that he might return my deposit once the buyer pay him the 10% of the deposit money. I'm also in tight spot since lots of money required for moving in to new house.  sad.gif
Clear enough you are worry and don't pay, once you got the utility bill, settle with him. If he refuse then you are lucky that you didn't lost much. People already given you all their solutions and scenario.

Moneylust
post Oct 8 2015, 02:28 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(xeda @ Oct 6 2015, 01:45 AM)
Everyone is saying how landlord can do this, can do that, ur forgetting that tenants can be an asshole also ah?

Tenant can destroy the whole fooking house and since there's no rental agreement, wtf can the landlord do? Report police? Lulz, good luck with that.

Pay the last month rental, on the last day, destroy the house worth as much (or maybe more) as your deposit, and say buh bye.

>90% of landlord won't give back your deposit la, who would give out money for free when they are not legally obliged to? Hahaha.
Let's say there's a tenancy agreement - can the landlord sue a tenant for destroying her house?

One problem I encountered during my renting days is that landlords will use any crooked excuse they can to deduct your deposit - if a landlord refuses to pay back the deposit, can a tenant damage the house without risk of being sued?
otakotak
post Oct 8 2015, 02:39 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

make black and white agreement that he will payback the deposit if your pay the rent for that particular month. else, get ready to wreck the house
caricature
post Oct 8 2015, 02:59 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(Moneylust @ Oct 8 2015, 03:28 AM)
Let's say there's a tenancy agreement - can the landlord sue a tenant for destroying her house?

One problem I encountered during my renting days is that landlords will use any crooked excuse they can to deduct your deposit - if a landlord refuses to pay back the deposit, can a tenant damage the house without risk of being sued?
Any dispute can invoke the court of law, regardless whether you have b/w or not. Money is one issue, revenge is another.

QUOTE(otakotak @ Oct 8 2015, 03:39 AM)
make black and white agreement that he will payback the deposit if your pay the rent for that particular month. else, get ready to wreck the house
Yes, an agreement is best and if the owner refuse, the answer is clear, not wreck the house but make the threat since he is selling it.
TSsoulknight
post Oct 8 2015, 11:34 AM

On my way
529 posts

QUOTE(caricature @ Oct 8 2015, 02:59 AM)
Yes, an agreement is best and if the owner refuse, the answer is clear, not wreck the house but make the threat since he is selling it.
That 's the problem, I didnt sign any agreement with him before moving in the house. I did ask him is there any b/w, but he said dont have. Luckily the new house that I'm moving in, the owner prepared a proper agreement letter.
caricature
post Oct 8 2015, 03:38 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(soulknight @ Oct 8 2015, 12:34 PM)
That 's the problem, I didnt sign any agreement with him before moving in the house. I did ask him is there any b/w, but he said dont have. Luckily the new house that I'm moving in, the owner prepared a proper agreement letter.
You did not read and understand what people wrote, even if the owner agree and sign the letter, he can still refuse or delay your deposit after that. So what usually happen in the real world under such circumstances is act ignorant.

You have already lost your advantage, the owner who have experience in house rental did not even prepare a letter of agreement is the trait of a scammer.

ocphangaz
post Oct 8 2015, 03:45 PM

Midlife Crysis.
768 posts

QUOTE(otua @ Oct 2 2015, 11:08 AM)
if you are not going to pay, he might lock you out. so you still have to pay, did any previous tenant get back their deposit ?
nope he cant'... the owner have 2 months deposit in his hand.. meaning the tenant NEVER owed anything even if tenant didn't pay for 2 months.
riezzien
post Oct 9 2015, 01:07 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

It depends.will u return the house as exactly like the way u moved in?
TSsoulknight
post Oct 9 2015, 02:28 PM

On my way
529 posts

QUOTE(Mr.Sohai @ Oct 9 2015, 11:01 AM)
tnb bill 2500?
Yup, the other tenant didnt pay bill till amounting to 2500. Sound kind of crazy as well. what might he be doing having that much of usage.
TSsoulknight
post Oct 9 2015, 02:30 PM

On my way
529 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Oct 9 2015, 01:07 PM)
It depends.will u return the house as exactly like the way u moved in?
I try to restore the house to as the time when I moved in. However there are damages on the wall that caused by leaking water that also exist before i move in.
caricature
post Oct 9 2015, 06:06 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(soulknight @ Oct 9 2015, 03:28 PM)
Yup, the other tenant didnt pay bill till amounting to 2500. Sound kind of crazy as well. what might he be doing having that much of usage.
That amount was accumulated in several months, the tenant already wanted to vacate and decide to spend it all knowing the chances of getting the deposit back is slim without agreement, this kind of seasoned tenant usually stop paying two months ago, first by delaying with excuse like death in the family that need money...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:20 PM