304 Pages « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SGX Counters, Discussion on Counters in the SGX

views

kyone
post Oct 17 2017, 12:11 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

Just sold of Oxley. Time to crack my head looking for new gem again.
TSHansel
post Oct 21 2017, 02:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

I have always said we need to invest in a jurisdiction with good governance.

I came across the article below released by some parties recently,.. 'Felda' here should be 'Felda Global Ventures - FGV' which was listed in the Bursa one or two yrs ago if my memory serves me correctly,...

FIC LONDON HOTEL PTE LIMITED, OWNER OF GRAND PLAZA KENSINGTON HOTEL BOUGHT BY FELDA – WAS STRUCK OFF AS A COMPANY

WHO OWNS THE HOTEL NOW?

I had shown over the last one week how Felda’s RM1 billion worth of investment in expensive properties in London was not only unwise financially, officially Felda does not own those investments.

I have carried out official searches with UK’s HM Land Registry and proved that the official titles of ownership to (at least) 2 expensive properties paid for by Felda were registered in the name of BVI registered companies, whose ownership remains unknown until today.

The properties and the corresponding BVI owners are:

i. Grand Plaza Kensington Hotel, bought for £60 million (approximately RM330 million) in 2014 is officially owned by FIC London Hotel Pte Limited registered in BVI

ii. Felda House, constructed for approximately RM380 million in 2015 is officially owned by FIC Global Limited registered in BVI

--------------------------------- further details not included here -----------------------------------

FGV disclosed investing into properties in the UK, made payment for the properties, then the properties ended-up being registered into some companies registered in The British Virgin Islands. One of these companies has been struck off from the list of the Registrar of Companies in mid-2016 for the non-payment of annual fees.

Gone case,... FGV has never owned the properties which the investors paid for,... and with the disappearance of the owning entity, it will be even more difficult to determine ownership, be it legal or beneficial,...

I can't imagine Keppel Corporation or Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd doing this,............. crazy, man,....
bearbear
post Oct 24 2017, 09:31 AM

You'll Never Walk Alone!~!~
All Stars
10,058 posts

UMS super sales
prophetjul
post Oct 24 2017, 09:36 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,570 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Oct 24 2017, 09:31 AM)
UMS super sales
Super? Think its expensive?
After ex from $1.06, it should be 0.85?

bearbear
post Oct 24 2017, 10:21 AM

All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Oct 24 2017, 09:36 AM)
Super?  Think its expensive?
After ex from $1.06, it should be 0.85?
ah ok I overlooked the bonus issue.

read it should be 0.86 instead
TSHansel
post Oct 24 2017, 11:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

Bros,... don't use 85c or 86c,... build in the safety margin, use 80c for quick calculation and sufficient safety-margin for loading-up decisions... look at Cheng's argument in ShareJunction,... hehe,...

The forummers in SJ may not like his argument,.. but, soon, they will understand his arguments carry reasons.
bearbear
post Oct 24 2017, 02:26 PM

All Stars
10,058 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Oct 24 2017, 11:21 AM)
Bros,... don't use 85c or 86c,... build in the safety margin, use 80c for quick calculation and sufficient safety-margin for loading-up decisions... look at Cheng's argument in ShareJunction,... hehe,...

The forummers in SJ may not like his argument,.. but, soon, they will understand his arguments carry reasons.
thanks bro, will read later.

but if market decide to pay 0.9x for it, we cannot do anything but wait or go for other shares
TSHansel
post Oct 24 2017, 08:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(bearbear @ Oct 24 2017, 02:26 PM)
thanks bro, will read later.

but if market decide to pay 0.9x for it, we cannot do anything but wait or go for other shares
I think at 0.9x sp,... it is still viable, bro,... not too rich yet here,...
TSHansel
post Oct 27 2017, 04:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

Public service ann't here : Go change money these two days if you have requirement for the AUD, SGD or USD. The RM will be strong this weekend because of the Budget 2018 Ann't which is running now.
gark
post Oct 30 2017, 01:38 PM

10k Club
12,534 posts

Just bought some ST Engineering.. tongue.gif

Stable business, stable divvys..

Hopefully the Marine division can do better with the OnG recovery... potential catalyst rclxms.gif

Not to mention the increasing war tension in Asia and higher military spending..

This post has been edited by gark: Oct 30 2017, 01:44 PM
rotijon25
post Oct 31 2017, 12:50 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

hey guys.

What resource do you guys use that is similar to malaysiastockbiz for sgx stocks?
gark
post Oct 31 2017, 04:39 PM

10k Club
12,534 posts

QUOTE(rotijon25 @ Oct 31 2017, 12:50 AM)
hey guys.

What resource do you guys use that is similar to malaysiastockbiz for sgx stocks?
Dont have exactly the same. You can check out shareinvestor.

gark
post Oct 31 2017, 04:39 PM

10k Club
12,534 posts

Added more Singtel today.. hopefully got special divvy soon. rclxms.gif
TSHansel
post Oct 31 2017, 05:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(gark @ Oct 31 2017, 04:39 PM)
Added more Singtel today.. hopefully got special divvy soon.  rclxms.gif
From the listing of NBN Trust ? smile.gif

They must just keep the money,.... smile.gif
gark
post Oct 31 2017, 05:32 PM

10k Club
12,534 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Oct 31 2017, 05:23 PM)
From the listing of NBN Trust ?  smile.gif

They must just keep the money,....  smile.gif
Rumor got 9c special divvy..

Dunno real or not. laugh.gif

Anyway telcos are a cash cow, they don't need much money..after initial infrastructure building laugh.gif
prophetjul
post Nov 1 2017, 09:31 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,570 posts

Anyone got their UMS 'bonus' shares yet?

hansel
TSHansel
post Nov 1 2017, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Nov 1 2017, 09:31 AM)
Anyone got their UMS 'bonus' shares yet?

hansel
Bro,... morning,...

Don't really know if the whole mkt is waiting because I got some feedback from my investor-friends that they have relatives who have received their UMS bonus shares, 'got letter to confirm too'..... The SG red-colored bank is the custodian of these shares,...

I raised this issue in ShareJunction,... got some replies,... but somehow, the discussion turned into a 'big name-calling competition' instead. We need to diffuse the situation first,... then start the probing again.

If really can be proven that some investors got their bonus shares EARLIER, this is a breach already for a financial centre because those who got the bonus shares earlier can sell already-mah,... before the price drops, right ??? But again, just speculation on my side only,... I/We are dealing with Singapore, with MAS here,...

I wish to accord them the proper respects.

http://www.sharejunction.com/sharejunction...m?topicId=10409

Watch this event closely,... Singapore is great today 'because of things like this',.... I think we can sort this out,... After all : Singapura Maju,....
prophetjul
post Nov 1 2017, 09:53 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,570 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Nov 1 2017, 09:49 AM)
Bro,... morning,...

Don't really know if the whole mkt is waiting because I got some feedback from my investor-friends that they have relatives who have received their UMS bonus shares, 'got letter to confirm too'..... The SG red-colored bank is the custodian of these shares,...

I raised this issue in ShareJunction,... got some replies,... but somehow, the discussion turned into a 'big name-calling competition' instead. We need to diffuse the situation first,... then start the probing again.

If really can be proven that some investors got their bonus shares EARLIER, this is a breach already for a financial centre because those who got the bonus shares earlier can sell already-mah,... before the price drops, right ??? But again, just speculation on my side only,... I/We are dealing with Singapore, with MAS here,...

I wish to accord them the proper respects.

http://www.sharejunction.com/sharejunction...m?topicId=10409

Watch this event closely,... Singapore is great today 'because of things like this',.... I think we can sort this out,... After all : Singapura Maju,....
Singapura may Maju.

However, there are still many unscrupulous people and companies in the market
TSHansel
post Nov 1 2017, 10:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Nov 1 2017, 09:53 AM)
Singapura may Maju.

However, there are still many unscrupulous people and companies in the market
Yes,... this is all priced-in from the efforts of their regulators. But of course, MAS will NOT be able to cover everything,... in my perspective, it has covered a lot,... a very good observation would be in the prosecution of the 1MDB-related individuals.

Sent a really strong message to the world.

We, as investors everywhere, must work together with MAS and the regulators to achieve this, Leaving all the work to MAS is not good enough. So long as they are ready to improve, the make changes for the better and to do the right thing, then it is worth our time and effort to feedback and to help them,...
prophetjul
post Nov 1 2017, 10:24 AM

10k Club
All Stars
11,570 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Nov 1 2017, 10:15 AM)
Yes,... this is all priced-in from the efforts of their regulators. But of course, MAS will NOT be able to cover everything,... in my perspective, it has covered a lot,... a very good observation would be in the prosecution of the 1MDB-related individuals.

Sent a really strong message to the world.

We, as investors everywhere, must work together with MAS and the regulators to achieve this, Leaving all the work to MAS is not good enough. So long as they are ready to improve, the make changes for the better and to do the right thing, then it is worth our time and effort to feedback and to help them,...
My grouse with UMS is that their corporate people seems to be very inept.

First, BONUS issue is not really a BONUS issue.

Now, this distribution........a bit dodgy in their corporate dealings?

304 Pages « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:44 PM