Tesseract, OCR

views

Palindromes
post Apr 23 2020, 11:33 PM

Getting Started
Validating
157 posts

QUOTE(aBcD-| @ Apr 23 2020, 11:24 PM)
First, use Tesseract 4.0 supported both C++ mainly and python secondary. The output accuracy is quite decent and most of the time you have to deal with pre-processing image and provide a clean sample to tesseract engine.

Second, the methodology of image/text processing is not right, because the sample you provided is an ideal test case ^ see above comment. You can refer to opencv for that.

Third, when it comes to image processing task, consider C++ as primary choice, you need to deal with pipeline processing, instead of object oriented task, so yeah it pretty wasting a lot of time to implement something that is already exists in the first place.
Yes, I remember Tesseract engine. I think it is you the first person who inspired me to "create my own basic OCR", and alexa is the second person who finally inspired me to take swift coding action.

Python, along with Tesseract and OpenCV are very high-end development products.... As for C++, frankly I am not good in it after didn't use it since VC++ 6.0.

Thank you for your reasonable advice, I like your professionalism.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.57    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:39 PM