Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Equity Crowdfunding, Everybody can invest in private equity

views

TScf kaki
post Sep 28 2015, 02:48 PM, updated 9y ago

26 posts

Dear All,

By having this topic, i hope everybody would share your opinions and as well as to let everybody know the existence of Equity Crowdfunding opportunity.

Those days, as we know, Private Equity is only the Big Boys game. Even if you have million dollar account doesn't mean you can invest in a good potential company / startups by become their stakeholder. But of course its a long term investment which range from 2 to 5 years depends.

Currently, equity crowdfunding is trending and everybody who is updated with the current investment instruments probably knows about this.

By modelling and synchronizing EQUITY with CROWDFUNDING, everybody can invest in different companies with small amount of money and become their stakeholder.

Lately, my friend share with me that he invested in Equity Crowdfunding through a company called Midana Capital Inc. After several research, i found out this company is doing equity crowdfunding for companies in China and Singapore. >> here is the website www.midanacap.com. It sparks my interest tho coz i wish i could invest my money rather than keep it in the bank with the uncertainty of our economy, currency, and even property i guess it almost reach to its peak d and to pay for deposit, lawyer fess, bla bla pun not enough money unsure.gif .

There are several private equity investment company in Malaysia such as http://www.mvca.org.my/, http://www.creador.com/

Not much info for equity crowdfunding tho in Malaysia. but i found this blogspot, not sure whether its useful boh. >>
http://wealthtalk15.blogspot.my/

Plan to attend one of their education seminar soon to find out more about Equity Crowdfunding.

Please share with me your opinions guys smile.gif

Avangelice
post Sep 28 2015, 02:58 PM

In Absolute Control
4,862 posts

The question lies now. Do you trust these people with your money? Secondly this sounds like those MLM
Avangelice
post Sep 28 2015, 02:59 PM

In Absolute Control
4,862 posts

Btw is this BNM approved too? Are you willing to stomach the losses? What are the risk.

Ask yourself these questions.
TScf kaki
post Sep 28 2015, 03:01 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Sep 28 2015, 02:58 PM)
The question lies now. Do you trust these people with your money? Secondly this sounds like those MLM
I trust my own eyes and my own judgement. lol. However, i cannot summarize it without seeing and understand it. i need to attend first to find out more about Equity Crowdfunding. smile.gif
T231H

Look at all my stars!!
5,143 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Sep 28 2015, 02:58 PM)
rclxms.gif good question
Avangelice

In Absolute Control
4,862 posts

Just be aware of the tell tell signs of MLM
TScf kaki
post Sep 28 2015, 03:03 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Sep 28 2015, 03:01 PM)
Just be aware of the tell tell signs of MLM
Thanks for the advice brother. Dont worry, i hate MLM of course not Amway coz their product is good. lol. But have you heard about equity crowdfunding before boh?
Avangelice
post Sep 28 2015, 03:07 PM

In Absolute Control
4,862 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 28 2015, 03:03 PM)
Thanks for the advice brother. Dont worry, i hate MLM of course not Amway  coz their product is good. lol. But have you heard about equity crowdfunding before boh?
Yes I have and the moment I saw unlisted company I looked away. Unlisted companies tend to be.....unstable.
Avangelice
post Sep 28 2015, 03:08 PM

In Absolute Control
4,862 posts

Its all up to you man. As for me I prefer to have my eggs in a basket that's tough
TScf kaki
post Sep 28 2015, 03:11 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Sep 28 2015, 03:08 PM)
Its all up to you man. As for me I prefer to have my eggs in a basket that's tough
Thanks for your opinions man. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
Avangelice
post Sep 28 2015, 03:21 PM

In Absolute Control
4,862 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 28 2015, 03:11 PM)
Thanks for  your opinions man.  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
no problem man. be wise in your investments. not every golden egg is made out of gold sometimes they are painted gold and hollow inside.
smartinvestor01
post Sep 28 2015, 03:25 PM

Saving and Investing for Retirement (The SIR Concept)
1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 28 2015, 02:48 PM)
Dear All,

By having this topic, i hope everybody would share your opinions and as well as to let everybody know the existence of Equity Crowdfunding opportunity.

Those days, as we know, Private Equity is only the Big Boys game. Even if you have million dollar account doesn't mean you can invest in a good potential company / startups by become their stakeholder. But of course its a long term investment which range from 2 to 5 years depends.

Currently, equity crowdfunding is trending and everybody who is updated with the current investment instruments probably knows about this.

By modelling and synchronizing EQUITY with CROWDFUNDING, everybody can invest in different companies with small amount of money and become their stakeholder.

Lately, my friend share with me that he invested in Equity Crowdfunding through a company called Midana Capital Inc. After several research, i found out this company is doing equity crowdfunding for companies in China and Singapore.  >> here is the website www.midanacap.com. It sparks my interest tho coz i wish i could invest my money rather than keep it in the bank with the uncertainty of our economy, currency, and even property i guess it almost reach to its peak d and to pay for deposit, lawyer fess, bla bla pun not enough money  unsure.gif

There are several private equity investment company in Malaysia such as http://www.mvca.org.my/, http://www.creador.com/

Not much info for equity crowdfunding tho in Malaysia. but i found this blogspot, not sure whether its useful boh. >>
Plan to attend one of their education seminar soon to find out more about Equity Crowdfunding.

In crowdfunding, the company invest mostly in small to medium size companies..

if you really interested to invest, i suggest you to start small and also remember to only invest what you effort to loss..

TScf kaki
post Sep 28 2015, 03:32 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 28 2015, 03:25 PM)
In crowdfunding, the company invest mostly in small to medium size companies..

if you really interested to invest, i suggest you to start small and also remember to only invest what you effort to loss..
Strongly agreed! my friend told me they also invest in companies that is ready to be listed and provide an exits strategy which i find it interesting coz normal crowdfunding doesn't give that. I prefer to invest small actually and diversified my eggs, of course with the extra savings that i had and not through loan sharks. lol.

Thanks for ya advice. icon_rolleyes.gif
prody
post Sep 28 2015, 03:36 PM

Dance while the record spins
1,548 posts

Investing in this type of company comes with a lot of risk.

Are there any reputable cf companies in Malaysia?
ohcipala
post Sep 28 2015, 03:50 PM

Regular
1,334 posts

I think a better alternative is probably to invest via unit trust
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 07:45 AM

1,423 posts

Investing & venturing in SMEs are higher risk as compared to unit trusts..

I m one of the investors of Midana Capital.. but i only put a little for experiment.. But i m not promoting or share to friends because i think it would be better to try out first..

But as i said u need to allocate only the money that you afford to loss.. this is golden rule in high risk investment..
low yat 82
post Sep 29 2015, 08:22 AM

tried to b vegan, but never success :P
4,042 posts

u r not onli taking a risk from buyin lousy shares as i dont think d shares will go to cds acc. but also risk of having d company goes bankrup or MIA.

n its pretty new in malaysia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equity_crowdfunding#Malaysia

any track record?
wodenus
post Sep 29 2015, 09:42 AM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 28 2015, 02:48 PM)
Dear All,

Lately, my friend share with me that he invested in Equity Crowdfunding through a company called Midana Capital Inc. After several research, i found out this company is doing equity crowdfunding for companies in China and Singapore.  >> here is the website www.midanacap.com. It sparks my interest tho coz i wish i could invest my money rather than keep it in the bank with the uncertainty of our economy, currency, and even property i guess it almost reach to its peak d and to pay for deposit, lawyer fess, bla bla pun not enough money  unsure.gif

Whose dupe is this? and is this your blog? it's pretty obvious smile.gif

nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 10:40 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 29 2015, 07:45 AM)

I m one of the investors of Midana Capital.. but i only put a little for experiment.. But i m not promoting or share to friends because i think it would be better to try out first..

But as i said u need to allocate only the money that you afford to loss.. this is golden rule in high risk investment..
so your investment in Midana yield some profit or total losses hmm.gif
Avangelice
post Sep 29 2015, 11:00 AM

In Absolute Control
4,862 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 10:40 AM)
so your investment in Midana yield some profit or total losses  hmm.gif
did a little back ground check.

seems like they are investing into foods and catering which we all know is a volatile market to be in.

http://www.midanacap.com/en/our-portfolio/case-studies/
low yat 82
post Sep 29 2015, 11:19 AM

tried to b vegan, but never success :P
4,042 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Sep 29 2015, 11:00 AM)

seems like they are investing into foods and catering which we all know is a volatile market to be in.

extremely risky. more risky than buyin individual stocks.

imo, d track record needs to justify for such a high risk. till d data is available, i dun think its wise to invest in it. if really wan, only the money that ones afford to loss
nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 11:31 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(low yat 82 @ Sep 29 2015, 11:19 AM)
imo, d track record needs to justify for such a high risk. till d data is available, i dun think its wise to invest in it. if really wan, only the money that ones afford to loss
u think what return would be? hmm.gif

This post has been edited by nexona88: Sep 29 2015, 11:31 AM
Avangelice
post Sep 29 2015, 11:34 AM

In Absolute Control
4,862 posts

QUOTE(low yat 82 @ Sep 29 2015, 11:19 AM)
Unlike most investments they don't provide you their track records. Losses and gains or etc. Just company profile that looks like a scam.
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 11:35 AM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 10:40 AM)
so your investment in Midana yield some profit or total losses  hmm.gif
It just a small amount that I put in..

The amount that i allocate for high risk investment..

smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 11:36 AM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Sep 29 2015, 11:00 AM)

That was their previous project.. Previous they are investors who went to visit the company that they are investing.. The project was closed and now they are selling the new project..

The sales person asked me want to enter the second one, I say no because i wanted to only test the water from my initial investment..

Lol..

This post has been edited by smartinvestor01: Sep 29 2015, 11:38 AM
nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 11:38 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 29 2015, 11:35 AM)
It just a small amount that I put in..

The amount that i allocate for high risk investment..
what made u to select Midana over others?

This post has been edited by nexona88: Sep 29 2015, 11:39 AM
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 11:42 AM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 11:38 AM)
what made u to select Midana?
Well, I came across this company in a financial talk organized by Money Compass..

The articles are published in the Money Compass..

They described the condition how the investments make money from, so I just try out with the smallest investment..

I am always open to any investments as long as I have done the due diligence.. but then again, dont let greed take over so be conservative and to only reinvest once only when it succeed once..

The company aims to bring in new projects in future, so i am not rushing for putting so much.. haha...

AGAIN, only put what you afford to loss.. This norm is important.. so i discounted the investment from my net worth.. haha...
nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 11:46 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 29 2015, 11:42 AM)
Well, I came across this company in a financial talk organized by Money Compass..

The articles are published in the Money Compass..

They described the condition how the investments make money from, so I just try out with the smallest investment..

I am always open to any investments as long as I have done the due diligence.. but then again, dont let greed take over so be conservative and to only reinvest once only when it succeed once..

The company aims to bring in new projects in future, so i am not rushing for putting so much.. haha...

AGAIN, only put what you afford to loss.. This norm is important.. so i discounted the investment from my net worth.. haha...
oh okay. thanks for the advice rclxms.gif

smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 11:49 AM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 11:46 AM)
oh okay. thanks for the advice  rclxms.gif
No problem.. We are all in the learning process.. ^^

TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 12:02 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Sep 28 2015, 03:36 PM)
Investing in this type of company comes with a lot of risk.

Are there any reputable cf companies in Malaysia?
They hadly invest in Malaysia company as what i know because of the economic landscape. their main project is mainly in China which to my knowledge even if i want to invest in a company i will strongly consider China due to their economic landscape and importantly is their populations.

There is a saying in business term by smart Boss.

"we don't look for money, but we look for peoples, because people carry money and money doesn't walk" hahah

TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 12:06 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(ohcipala @ Sep 28 2015, 03:50 PM)
I think a better alternative is probably to invest via unit trust
lol, in my life i never invest in unit trust, i only invest in stocks which i buy and keep which normally is technology stocks because technology i would say is recession proof stock. second options now is looking for Private equity coz at least i am part of the business and there are professional people running it and its not a speculation as stocks do.

I'm still studying.

I hope we all have the same mission which is to have a comfortable life when we retire instead of still working when old. hahahaha .... I hope by the time when i'm old, i could spend time with my dog by the beach. hahaha
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 12:10 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 29 2015, 07:45 AM)

Wow, really? the latest project i get to know is they are doing a P2B lending company in China which called ftribe if i not mistaken. After done some research from the net, P2B lending in China is a whole new and big trend market. Basically in the western country they already have this long time ago which i questioned myself, why lar malaysia always behind the trend cry.gif cry.gif

Maybe you can share some of your experience on the project you invest and why you invest ?

Your sharing is valuable to all of us smile.gif
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 12:25 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 11:38 AM)
what made u to select Midana over others?
Well, frankly speaking, i haven't decided to choose Midana Capital Inc yet, However i do have own study before i assigned the investment rights to them. Factors are:

1. Midana Capital mainly doing project in China, and if would given a chance to invest in China who wouldn't want? but i don't have the proper channel except Midana Capital Inc do have have through VIE "Variable Interest Structure" something like that.

2. i browse other companies yet, they do not spell out any exits strategy and their charges are extremely fuhhh and wondering if i have RM 10,000 whether can i join their elite platform boh?

3. Midana spell out exit strategy and if the company delay their listing , in the agreement they spell out what will be the term upon it? perhaps like giving extra dividends, or buy back options with either original price or extra percentage per annum. (This is informed to me by their executive and my friend aware about the same info and even written in black and white agreement) Well, i need to check with my lawyer friend first on final stage before proceed because they said the agreement is valid by Malaysia lawyer.

4. Entry level not high - I think for example their new project Ftibe pun only cost me around RM 12,000 - RM 13,000 for me to own a 10,000 unit share of the company.

5. So far they have few SMEs investment made in China and i think only 1 in Singapore. And so far the industry they invested in is risk calculated and is my appetite to invest in but that is earlier stage which i do not know about Equity Crowdfunding yet.

6. My last view is, is yes of course i would appreciate others comment for example like unit trust. I am not against it, but my housemate invest in it last 2 years and he lost few hundred dollar sweat.gif sweat.gif furthermore, looking back at the rate of return VS Malaysia economy inflation + GST + increment of cost.

Looking at this point makes me wonder even i am getting my money at 4% - 5% per annum through fixed deposit pun lose money in the long run. Since i am still young, i should start making a wise decision on investment jor. cool2.gif cool2.gif
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 12:30 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 11:31 AM)
u think what return would be?  hmm.gif
erm, this is a good question. However, my understanding of private equity is that their return depends on company performance bro. For example: if we have the opportunity to have some stakes in facebook long time ago, i am a billionaire now. hahahaha.
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 12:34 PM

26 posts

My learning process about Private Equity for now is by watching this reality show. Watch it guys and together we become an investors. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This reality show is one of the top reality show in America, even recognize by the WhiteHouse. Lol. Something like buying a stake in a company and groom the company and makes money. Perhaps this is the secret huh. its called Shark Tank.

Check the link guys smile.gif

Shark Tank [cool.gif[COLOR=red]

nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 12:44 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 12:25 PM)
Well, frankly speaking, i haven't decided to choose Midana Capital Inc yet, However i do have own study before i assigned the investment rights to them. Factors are:

1. Midana Capital mainly doing project in China, and if would given a chance to invest in China who wouldn't want? but i don't have the proper channel except Midana Capital Inc do have have through VIE "Variable Interest Structure" something like that.

2. i browse other companies yet, they do not spell out any exits strategy and their charges are extremely fuhhh and wondering if i have RM 10,000 whether can i join their elite platform boh?

3. Midana spell out exit strategy and if the company delay their listing , in the agreement they spell out what will be the term upon it? perhaps like giving extra dividends, or buy back options with either original price or extra percentage per annum. (This is informed to me by their executive and my friend aware about the same info and even written in black and white agreement) Well, i need to check with my lawyer friend first on final stage before proceed because they said the agreement is valid by Malaysia lawyer.

4. Entry level not high - I think for example their new project Ftibe pun only cost me around RM 12,000 - RM 13,000 for me to own a 10,000 unit share of the company.

5. So far they have few SMEs investment made in China and i think only 1 in Singapore. And so far the industry they invested in is risk calculated and is my appetite to invest in but that is earlier stage which i do not know about Equity Crowdfunding yet.

6. My last view is, is yes of course i would appreciate others comment for example like unit trust. I am not against it, but my housemate invest in it last 2 years and he lost few hundred dollar  sweat.gif  sweat.gif  furthermore, looking back at the rate of return VS Malaysia economy inflation + GST + increment of cost.

Looking at this point makes me wonder even i am getting my money at 4% - 5% per annum through fixed deposit pun lose money in the long run. Since i am still young, i should start making a wise decision on investment jor.  cool2.gif  cool2.gif
thanks for sharing. u wrote in very details rclxms.gif
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 12:48 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 12:44 PM)
thanks for sharing. u wrote in very details  rclxms.gif
Haha, No Problems Bro. In facts i called up to their office yesterday and had a long talk with one of their executive. Waiting for free time to visit their mini seminar soon and have an in-depth understanding.
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 12:57 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 12:10 PM)
Wow, really? the latest project i get to know is they are doing a P2B lending company in China which called ftribe if i not mistaken. After done some research from the net, P2B lending in China is a whole new and big trend market. Basically in the western country they already have this long time ago which i questioned myself, why lar malaysia always behind the trend  cry.gif  cry.gif

Maybe you can share some of your experience on the project you invest and why you invest ?

Your sharing is valuable to all of us smile.gif
Here are some information:-
1) I invested in the project called Lian Hua International Foods Limited
2) The project is expected to go for listing in Growth Enterprise Market board by end of next year as the company has already signed underwriting agreement with Chang Jiang Securities
3) The project is currently listed under APOTC at a price of HKD$5.00 per share, previous purchase price is HKD$2.50 per share.
4) The project was closed in 31 July 2015.
5) There was a site visit for the project and briefing by the owner of Lian Hua sometime before the project closed (cannot remember the date)
6) Target to exit in 2 options either to exit after listing in either Growth Enterprise Market (GEM) board; or listing in Main Board of HKSE.

Why I invest?
1) The company that potentially be listed but have not being listed yet is consider golden opportunity because the value of the shares are lower compared to the market value
2) I target to sell the shares after the listing at GEM market to realized my profit.

Rationale behind investing overseas?
1) Because I have invested before in Hong Kong land banking so i am open to opportunities aboard
2) Exploring different methods or platform for wealth accumulation

Undertaking?
1) I only invest what i afford to loss..

smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 12:58 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 12:48 PM)
Haha, No Problems Bro. In facts i called up to their office yesterday and had a long talk with one of their executive. Waiting for free time to visit their mini seminar soon and have an in-depth understanding.
You can visit their office in Tuesday and Thursday evening.. but you better called them to reconfirm first on that seminar..

Haha..
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 01:02 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 29 2015, 12:57 PM)
Here are some information:-
1) I invested in the project called Lian Hua International Foods Limited
2) The project is expected to go for listing in Growth Enterprise Market board by end of next year as the company has already signed underwriting agreement with Chang Jiang Securities
3) The project is currently listed under APOTC at a price of HKD$5.00 per share, previous purchase price is HKD$2.50 per share.
4) The project was closed in 31 July 2015.
5) There was a site visit for the project and briefing by the owner of Lian Hua sometime before the project closed (cannot remember the date)
6) Target to exit in 2 options either to exit after listing in either Growth Enterprise Market (GEM) board; or listing in Main Board of HKSE.

Why I invest?
1) The company that potentially be listed but have not being listed yet is consider golden opportunity because the value of the shares are lower compared to the market value
2) I target to sell the shares after the listing at GEM market to realized my profit.

Rationale behind investing overseas?
1) Because I have invested before in Hong Kong land banking so i am open to opportunities aboard
2) Exploring different methods or platform for wealth accumulation

Undertaking?
1) I only invest what i afford to loss..
Thank for the reply Bro,

U mean if i want to invest in any of the project they will provide trip for us to visit the place and listen to the owner future plans for the company? Or do i need to pay on my own accommodation? haha basically i have right? if company pao everything then it sounds more like a scams to me. hahaha.

New thing about APOTC. where can i find the details about APOTC? and what does it stands for?

prody
post Sep 29 2015, 01:04 PM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 12:02 PM)
They hadly invest in Malaysia company as what i know because of the economic landscape. their main project is mainly in China which to my knowledge even if i want to invest in a company i will strongly consider China due to their economic landscape and importantly is their populations.

There is a saying in business term by smart Boss.

"we don't look for money, but we look for peoples, because people carry money and money doesn't walk" hahah
What do you think is good about the China economic landscape?
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 01:27 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 01:02 PM)
Thank for the reply Bro,

U mean if i want to invest in any of the project they will provide trip for us to visit the place and listen to the owner future plans for the company? Or do i need to pay on my own accommodation? haha basically i have right? if company pao everything then it sounds more like a scams to me. hahaha.

New thing about APOTC. where can i find the details about APOTC?  and what does it stands for?
Not.. the company does not pay for your trips.. haha...

Like the last time i invested in Hong Kong land banking also no providing you free trips, the company only organizes the trip..

Last time, for Lian Hua, the investors are given the opportunity to enter into the factory and see the production process..

APOTC website is www.apsmeotc.com..
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 02:15 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Sep 29 2015, 01:04 PM)
What do you think is good about the China economic landscape?
All i can summarized about China economic landscape is "Buying Power". On top of that, look at their economy policy, even i get to know they are in the midst of placing their currency into "SDR Basket - Special Drawing Rights". If they succeed, China is going to be Asia big boy.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2a902ec0-6596-11...l#axzz3n6WZ5GrS

SDR Basket is where top major currency in the world currently is US Dollar, Euro Dollar, Japanese Yen and Pound Sterling. I'm not really good in explaining how it works, but the simplest way is their currency will be "freely usable". For example: if you trade forex, you will see few main currency against other currency for example: Major Pair >> EURUSD. I hope my explanation is right la.

https://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/data/rms_sdrv.aspx

So, if this occurred, i could foresee their economic will stay healthy even now still they are. Therefore, i think by investing into private equities into certain China Companies will be a benefits.

China government even promoting their Private Equity or i would say foreign investment into their country and its transparent.

http://www.eatonpartnersllc.com/wsj-privat...ve-and-eric-gu/

Compared to Malaysia economic landscape. I really malas wanna share so much information here and i believe everybody would have already knows what holds our economy back by now right? In investment i prefer to use facts finding and logical approach smile.gif

This is entirely based on my view and understanding. i'm not an public expert in economic scenery in Malaysia but rather a wise and logic investor who ride with the trend to make money cool2.gif

I hope my views answered your questions and please do forgive me if we have different view because human have different thinking n view. Thats why we only have 1 warren buffet. hahahah biggrin.gif
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 02:18 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 29 2015, 01:27 PM)
Not.. the company does not pay for your trips.. haha...

Like the last time i invested in Hong Kong land banking also no providing you free trips, the company only organizes the trip..

Last time, for Lian Hua, the investors are given the opportunity to enter into the factory and see the production process..

APOTC website is www.apsmeotc.com..
Wow, that would be awesome trip huh. Guess u learn a lot of that trip don't you? hehe. Least can grow my confidence if i invest.

Thanks for the sharing of knowledge Bro.

Tq
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 02:44 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 02:18 PM)
Wow, that would be awesome trip huh. Guess u learn a lot of that trip don't you? hehe. Least can grow my confidence if i invest.

Thanks for the sharing of knowledge Bro.

Tq
Hehe.. i am just ikan bilis, so i did not go to the trip.. i only received the newsletter on the information on their trip..

not worth for a small investor to fork up for the trip..

many big investors went there for the site visit.. ^^

but i am not sure if there would be another trip for ftribe or not.. ^^

This post has been edited by smartinvestor01: Sep 30 2015, 07:26 AM
prody
post Sep 29 2015, 02:49 PM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 02:15 PM)
All i can summarized about China economic landscape is "Buying Power". On top of that, look at their economy policy, even i get to know they are in the midst of placing their currency into "SDR Basket - Special Drawing Rights". If they succeed, China is going to be Asia big boy.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2a902ec0-6596-11...l#axzz3n6WZ5GrS

SDR Basket is where top major currency in the world currently is US Dollar, Euro Dollar, Japanese Yen and Pound Sterling. I'm not really good in explaining how it works, but the simplest way is their currency will be "freely usable". For example: if you trade forex, you will see few main currency against other currency for example: Major Pair >> EURUSD. I hope my explanation is right la. 

https://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/data/rms_sdrv.aspx

So, if this occurred, i could foresee their economic will stay healthy even now still they are. Therefore, i think by investing into private equities into certain China Companies will be a benefits.

China government even promoting their Private Equity or i would say foreign investment into their country and its transparent.

http://www.eatonpartnersllc.com/wsj-privat...ve-and-eric-gu/

Compared to Malaysia economic landscape. I really malas wanna share so much information here and i believe everybody would have already knows what holds our economy back by now right? In investment i prefer to use facts finding and logical approach smile.gif

This is entirely based on my view and understanding. i'm not an public expert in economic scenery in Malaysia but rather a wise and logic investor who ride with the trend to make money cool2.gif

I hope my views answered your questions and please do forgive me if we have different view because human have different thinking n view. Thats why we only have 1 warren buffet. hahahah  biggrin.gif
Just curious, since nowadays the Chinese economy is mostly seen to be in bad shape.

blahbleh
post Sep 29 2015, 03:10 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

Hi bro,

May I know if this is regulated? Any finding on that? Since this company is registered in Malaysia, what is their nature of business? If involves in deposit taking, for sure needs to be regulated (registered with SC, BNM etc.).

Thanks.
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 03:14 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Sep 29 2015, 02:49 PM)
Just curious, since nowadays the Chinese economy is mostly seen to be in bad shape.
It depends bro on our view of the potential market. smile.gif
xuzen
post Sep 29 2015, 03:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

Equity Crowdfunding, UT, SPAC, Private Equity etc all are permutation of a common strategy... pooling of resources among like minded individual for common gains.

The devil is in the detail. Of these, UT is the most highly regulated by the authority to protect the consumer.

SPAC and Private Equities are now regulated by Sec-Com albeit more loosely than UT.

Equity Crowdfunding is the new kid in town, highly unregulated at the moment, but Sec-Com is eyeing it now. Enter at your own risk. It is as secure as Pegasus or Geneva Gold.

I often say this... all these unregulated scheme are not illegal per-se, cuma it is unregulated. You can still make money. But if SH1T Hits the fan, you have no recourse. So, if you invest RM 2.6M into the scheme and your net-worth is RM 2.6Billion, no problem.

If your net worth is RM 1Million and you invest RM 250K i.e., one quarter of it into an unregulated scheme... your balls are made of adamantium.

Xuzen

This post has been edited by xuzen: Sep 29 2015, 03:26 PM
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 03:27 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(blahbleh @ Sep 29 2015, 03:10 PM)
Hi bro,

May I know if this is regulated? Any finding on that? Since this company is registered in Malaysia, what is their nature of business? If involves in deposit taking, for sure needs to be regulated (registered with SC, BNM etc.).

Thanks.
Hi Bro,

I haven't meet the person in charge and ask in details yet. However, their nature of business is dealing with private equity which is i think more like an financial entity that stands in as middle person to negotiate for a good terms from a SMEs and offer the investment opportunity to small investors like me to have the opportunity to invest in Private Equity.

In terms of regulations by BNM this i not sure how to answer you, but to my understanding is dealing with private equity normally is an understanding between the investors and the company they invested in and both party will sign an agreement. Coz they way i look at their model is more towards Venture Capital or Angel Investment; which in Malaysia there are no strong regulations on this i guess, even if only the big company entitled for it but no chance for small investors like us to involve in. For example: Berjaya Group Boss Tan Sri Vincent Tan also aggressive in invest in companies that he find it profitable in return.

Lastly Bro, it all depends on which money we choose to use and invest. not loan for sure. Like me (a small investors), i dont have the capability to invest in property due to their downpayment and the property landscape in malaysia lately, so i have to choose another way to invest. Thats why i created this topicso we, each other can gain valuable information on equity crowdfunding. hehe

End of the day, it all falls back on your own due diligence and whether are you a risk taker. Like me, i always told myself, "if i think and act like the ordinary, i will end up like the ordinary" hahaha... u better pray hard another 5 to 10 years i can be a millionaire. lol
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 04:21 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(blahbleh @ Sep 29 2015, 03:10 PM)
Hi bro,

Thanks.
Just for your information, some of the offshore investment is actually not to say illegal, just that it is not covered by legal terms in Malaysia..

For example, instaforex is deemed as not legal in Malaysia, so if anything happens, there would no rooms for disputes should any complaint arise. but until today, instaforex is still paying.. So in any case of complaint, SC and BNM would not be protecting.. As such, this is the grey area in overseas investment..

Unless you are investing in local crowdfunding companies, but then again, from the legal framework of the crowdfunding rules, the maximum per investment is about RM5,000..

In my previous investment, the local company was set up to do marketing purposes.. but the main company is in Hong Kong.. it is actually a requirement for them to set up a company to do marketing here in Malaysia...

Those investments are actually telegraphic transfer (TT) to Hong Kong..

This post has been edited by smartinvestor01: Sep 29 2015, 04:22 PM
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 04:25 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 03:27 PM)
Hi Bro,

I haven't meet the person in charge and ask in details yet. However, their nature of business is dealing with private equity which is i think more like an financial entity that stands in as middle person to negotiate for a good terms from a SMEs and offer the investment opportunity to small investors like me to have the opportunity to invest in Private Equity.

In terms of regulations by BNM this i not sure how to answer you, but to my understanding is dealing with private equity normally is an understanding between the investors and the company they invested in and both party will sign an agreement. Coz they way i look at their model is more towards Venture Capital or Angel Investment; which in Malaysia there are no strong regulations on this i guess, even if only the big company entitled for it but no chance for small investors like us to involve in. For example: Berjaya Group Boss Tan Sri Vincent Tan also aggressive in invest in companies that he find it profitable in return.

Lastly Bro, it all depends on which money we choose to use and invest. not loan for sure. Like me (a small investors), i dont have the capability to invest in property due to their downpayment and the property landscape in malaysia lately, so i have to choose another way to invest. Thats why i created this topicso we, each other can gain valuable information on equity crowdfunding. hehe

End of the day, it all falls back on your own due diligence and whether are you a risk taker. Like me, i always told myself, "if i think and act like the ordinary, i will end up like the ordinary" hahaha... u better pray hard another 5 to 10 years i can be a millionaire. lol
Yes.. investors will be given an agreement to sign after the project closing.. The purpose of the company to venture to China was due to the higher upside potential upon listing of the company in either GEM or HKSE main board..

No harm to try investing in something different if you have extra cash.. Then again, the cash that you discounted from your net worth, of course to avoid disappointment or frustration should anything bad happen.. ^^
nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 04:42 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Sep 29 2015, 03:17 PM)
Equity Crowdfunding, UT, SPAC, Private Equity etc all are permutation of a common strategy... pooling of resources among like minded individual for common gains.

The devil is in the detail. Of these, UT is the most highly regulated by the authority to protect the consumer.

SPAC and Private Equities are now regulated by Sec-Com albeit more loosely than UT.

Equity Crowdfunding is the new kid in town, highly unregulated at the moment, but Sec-Com is eyeing it now. Enter at your own risk. It is as secure as Pegasus or Geneva Gold.

I often say this... all these unregulated scheme are not illegal per-se, cuma it is unregulated. You can still make money. But if SH1T Hits the fan, you have no recourse. So, if you invest RM 2.6M into the scheme and your net-worth is RM 2.6Billion, no problem.

If your net worth is RM 1Million and you invest RM 250K i.e., one quarter of it into an unregulated scheme... your balls are made of adamantium.

Xuzen
do u invest before in these Equity Crowdfunding thingy? hmm.gif
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 05:00 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 04:42 PM)
do u invest before in these Equity Crowdfunding thingy?  hmm.gif
SmartInvestor01 already invested. Me is still understanding the principal behind and on the way i would say. hehe
nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 05:02 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 05:00 PM)
SmartInvestor01 already invested. Me is still understanding the principal behind and on the way i would say. hehe
same here.. I'm trying to understand the concept.. but looks kinda risky tho hmm.gif
xuzen
post Sep 29 2015, 06:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 04:42 PM)
do u invest before in these Equity Crowdfunding thingy?  hmm.gif
I am risk averse wan lar... I will not touch these unregulated schemes, Private equities and SPAC also I'll take a rain-cheque.

Xuzen

nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 06:59 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Sep 29 2015, 06:05 PM)
I am risk averse wan lar... I will not touch these unregulated schemes, Private equities and SPAC also I'll take a rain-cheque.

Xuzen
wah even SPAC u don't touch ohmy.gif notworthy.gif

but yeah, SPAC is "tin kosong".. now all those SPAC directors makan gaji buta.. QA not yet shakehead.gif
smartinvestor01
post Sep 30 2015, 07:25 AM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 05:02 PM)
same here.. I'm trying to understand the concept.. but looks kinda risky tho hmm.gif
Ya.. haha.. the concept is there just that the risk is there...

Kind of not suitable for risk adverse investors.. my majority money is still with ASX FP funds.. ^^
TScf kaki
post Sep 30 2015, 10:58 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 05:02 PM)
risks is everywhere. hahaha ... thats how millionaires / billionaires makes money tho. Remember must be calculated risks not pointless risk. cool2.gif
prody
post Sep 30 2015, 04:31 PM

1,548 posts

I can see these risks for crowdfunding a relatively new company that mainly invests in overseas companies:
1 Risk that the company is more of a scam than an actual investment company (since they have no long track record, there are many scams around)
2 Risk that the investments they make are no good (since they have no long track record)
3 Currency risk (if the currency of the country they invest in appreciates compared to the Ringgit)
TScf kaki
post Oct 1 2015, 04:29 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Sep 30 2015, 04:31 PM)
I can see these risks for crowdfunding a relatively new company that mainly invests in overseas companies:
1 Risk that the company is more of a scam than an actual investment company (since they have no long track record, there are many scams around)
2 Risk that the investments they make are no good (since they have no long track record)
3 Currency risk (if the currency of the country they invest in appreciates compared to the Ringgit)
totally agree with your statements. However it all depends on your personal reflections and understanding on the company you plan to invest.

1. A scam company is more towards something like selling a virtual shares, telling you they plan to be listed but its an empty company which most of the victims never intend to find out. This is also because few had approached me for example company like "M-XXXX" which doesn't justify me on how the shares works.

2. Track records actually important too. However, i would prefer on business that have a huge potential instead of track record. Eversince Lehman Brother Financial institution collapse i dont really judge a company through their history and track record. I start to judge based on potential and the market they're in.

3. Currency risks is what we counted in as external factor. Things for sure is that, end of the day, it depends on which country and what is their economic's like before we invest. Talked about Ringgit. this is the saddest thing i've seen in my life. I think at least by end of next year we pray hard our Ringgit can stay back at RM 3.8 to 1 USD.

We need to find out the facts first before invest bro smile.gif

prody
post Oct 2 2015, 09:40 AM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Oct 1 2015, 04:29 PM)
totally agree with your statements. However it all depends on your personal reflections and understanding on the company you plan to invest.

1. A scam company is more towards something like selling a virtual shares, telling you they plan to be listed but its an empty company which most of the victims never intend to find out. This is also because few had approached me for example company like "M-XXXX" which doesn't justify me on how the shares works.

2. Track records actually important too. However, i would prefer on business that have a huge potential instead of track record. Eversince Lehman Brother Financial institution collapse i dont really judge a company through their history and track record. I start to judge based on potential and the market they're in.

3. Currency risks is what we counted in as external factor. Things for sure is that, end of the day, it depends on which country and what is their economic's like before we invest. Talked about Ringgit. this is the saddest thing i've seen in my life. I think at least by end of next year we pray hard our Ringgit can stay back at RM 3.8 to 1 USD.

Yes, after determining the potential risk factors you can apply a risk rating to each of these factors.

Then you need to estimate a return and determine if it is worth to put money into this investment knowing your risk.
TScf kaki
post Oct 2 2015, 11:46 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Oct 2 2015, 09:40 AM)
Yes, after determining the potential risk factors you can apply a risk rating to each of these factors.

Then you need to estimate a return and determine if it is worth to put money into this investment knowing your risk.
that's right Bro. cool2.gif

Wish you all the best in your investment journey. smile.gif
prody
post Oct 2 2015, 12:42 PM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Oct 2 2015, 11:46 AM)
that's right Bro.  cool2.gif

Wish you all the best in your investment journey. smile.gif
I wish the same for you and everybody else who's thinking about what to do next in the current situation.

smartinvestor01
post Oct 2 2015, 03:51 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Oct 1 2015, 04:29 PM)

you sure are right on this..

the previous collapse of Lehman brothers really proved that history really isn't anything.. a company operating for so long period could someone wipe out.. ^^

anyway, this is a good reminder.. ^^

This post has been edited by smartinvestor01: Oct 2 2015, 03:52 PM
dEviLs
post Oct 5 2015, 03:03 PM

Three Suns~
2,788 posts

this is very similar to what RHB-OSK is offering..

http://www.theborneopost.com/2014/08/06/rh...tuation-fund-2/

smartinvestor01
post Oct 6 2015, 07:22 AM

1,423 posts

Wow, thanks for the sharing... Its the fund that i m quite keen also.. but, Rm50,000 min investment is a lot. Hehe... ^^
nexona88
post Oct 6 2015, 10:58 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(dEviLs @ Oct 5 2015, 03:03 PM)
this is very similar to what RHB-OSK is offering..

http://www.theborneopost.com/2014/08/06/rh...tuation-fund-2/
50k min is kinda high for ikan bilis investors sad.gif cry.gif
xuzen
post Oct 6 2015, 02:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 6 2015, 10:58 AM)
50k min is kinda high for ikan bilis investors  sad.gif  cry.gif
It is a wholesale fund mah... come come don't cry... buy somemore Lee Sook Yee wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif fund. 10 year annualised CAGR = 16.8% p.a. Apa lagi lu mau? RM 100 only... so ikan bilis friendly.

Xuzen

This post has been edited by xuzen: Oct 6 2015, 02:21 PM
davelkh
post Oct 8 2015, 05:09 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 29 2015, 12:58 PM)
You can visit their office in Tuesday and Thursday evening.. but you better called them to reconfirm first on that seminar..

Haha..
Is it a MLM? Or just purely investment firm? Do you earn extra by referring?
nexona88
post Oct 8 2015, 11:14 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

got booth (No. 3) on Equity Crowdfunding in InvestSmart Fest (ISF 2015) @ Mid Valley Exhibition Centre, Hall 3
user posted image

This post has been edited by nexona88: Oct 8 2015, 11:16 PM
smartinvestor01
post Oct 9 2015, 09:16 AM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 8 2015, 11:14 PM)
got booth (No. 3) on Equity Crowdfunding in InvestSmart Fest (ISF 2015) @ Mid Valley Exhibition Centre, Hall 3
user posted image
Ai yoh, too bad it is in KL..

Hopefully one day there would be the same event in Kuching here..

Looks very interesting..
nexona88
post Oct 9 2015, 11:15 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Oct 9 2015, 09:16 AM)
Ai yoh, too bad it is in KL..

Hopefully one day there would be the same event in Kuching here..

Looks very interesting..
no worries. sure they would do one in Sarawak sweat.gif
TScf kaki
post Oct 9 2015, 12:02 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 8 2015, 11:14 PM)
user posted image
wow, looks like equity crowdfunding getting more exposure in Malaysia huh..shud go for more info. smile.gif
nexona88
post Oct 21 2015, 04:32 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Oct 9 2015, 12:02 PM)
wow, looks like equity crowdfunding getting more exposure in Malaysia huh..shud go for more info. smile.gif
any good info u found @ ISF 2015 hmm.gif
SUSrobertchoo
post Nov 4 2015, 04:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,753 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Sep 30 2015, 04:31 PM)
One more thing to note is that equity crowdfunding may or may not (usually may not) have a tenor. That means you can't sell your portion of equity until the company is listed or until you can find another person to take over from you. Because borrowers are mainly SMEs, it takes a very long time for them to be either listed or can be sold to someone else. So buyer beware! There also no saying that the company won't go bankrupt not from fraud but just bad management or internal/external economic issues.

That is why some people prefer crowd lending instead or peer to peer lending. At least there is a tenor and your returns are fixed.
Hansel
post Nov 4 2015, 08:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(robertchoo @ Nov 4 2015, 04:41 PM)
One more thing to note is that equity crowdfunding may or may not (usually may not) have a tenor. That means you can't sell your portion of equity until the company is listed or until you can find another person to take over from you. Because borrowers are mainly SMEs, it takes a very long time for them to be either listed or can be sold to someone else. So buyer beware! There also no saying that the company won't go bankrupt not from fraud but just bad management or internal/external economic issues.

That is why some people prefer crowd lending instead or peer to peer lending. At least there is a tenor and your returns are fixed.
Yes,... there is body called Funding Societies in Sgp that provides peer-to-peer lending services in Sgp. Given the better regulation in Sgp, would this reduce the systemic risks associated with such investments ?

Following is a write-up forwarded to me last week by an associate who is into this. He invested only SGD100 earlier during the promo period for investors, whereby he was allowed to invest only SGD100. Today, the minimum sum is SGD1K to start with.

To introduce us, we are Funding Societies, one of the first peer to peer lending companies in Singapore. We bring SME borrowers and Investors together for their funding and investment requirements. We provide business loans to SMEs through crowdfunding by multiple investors. Investors earn high returns up to 14% per annum.

A few of our accomplishments in recent times :

•First P2P Lender to have an escrow account managed by MAS licensed trustee. This ensures that the Investor funds are managed only by the Trustee and not Funding Societies

•First P2P Lender to introduce e-contracts (no physical signatures required, everything done online, and its a very simple yet compliant way of executing contracts)

•Finalist of Maybank Fintech competition and chosen by Maybank for partnership

•Winner of Tech in Asia for the best start-up (Singapore chapter)

•Featured in Business Times, Channel News Asia, BBC, Vulcan Post, Crowd Fund Insider etc

For investors it provides :

•A new unique investment proposition

•Diversification opportunity

•High returns at minimal risk

•Low capital requirement (Minimum investment of just $1000)

Link here : Website: http://www.fundingsocieties.com/

Anybody keen on this ?
SUSrobertchoo
post Nov 4 2015, 08:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,753 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Nov 4 2015, 08:13 PM)
Yes,... there is body called Funding Societies in Sgp that provides peer-to-peer lending services in Sgp. Given the better regulation in Sgp, would this reduce the systemic risks associated with such investments ?

Following is a write-up forwarded to me last week by an associate who is into this. He invested only SGD100 earlier during the promo period for investors, whereby he was allowed to invest only SGD100. Today, the minimum sum is SGD1K to start with.

To introduce us, we are Funding Societies, one of the first peer to peer lending companies in Singapore. We bring SME borrowers and Investors together for their funding and investment requirements. We provide business loans to SMEs through crowdfunding by multiple investors. Investors earn high returns up to 14% per annum.

A few of our accomplishments in recent times :

•First P2P Lender to have an escrow account managed by MAS licensed trustee. This ensures that the Investor funds are managed only by the Trustee and not Funding Societies

•First P2P Lender to introduce e-contracts (no physical signatures required, everything done online, and its a very simple yet compliant way of executing contracts)

•Finalist of Maybank Fintech competition and chosen by Maybank for partnership

•Winner of Tech in Asia for the best start-up (Singapore chapter)

•Featured in Business Times, Channel News Asia, BBC, Vulcan Post, Crowd Fund Insider etc

For investors it provides :

•A new unique investment proposition

•Diversification opportunity

•High returns at minimal risk

•Low capital requirement (Minimum investment of just $1000)

Link here : Website: http://www.fundingsocieties.com/

Anybody keen on this ?
Well, personally i would think yes, it does. Singapore has a much more stable and transparent regulations compared to Malaysia. But at the end of the day, its still depends on your risk appetite and your ability to understand the numbers driving the businesses.
prody
post Nov 5 2015, 09:27 AM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(robertchoo @ Nov 4 2015, 04:41 PM)

Yeah, lots of risks in this type of new and mostly unregulated investment class.
Hansel
post Nov 5 2015, 09:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Nov 5 2015, 09:27 AM)
Yeah, lots of risks in this type of new and mostly unregulated investment class.
Perhaps the Peer-to-Peer System in Sgp is more 'regulated' or 'affords more protection' to investors ?

SUSrobertchoo
post Nov 5 2015, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,753 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Nov 5 2015, 09:27 AM)
high risk high returns. there are no asset class that can generate above 10% returns in 12 months. the key is to research research research. know what you're doing.

if you are looking for very low risk asset class try bank FDs.

This post has been edited by robertchoo: Nov 5 2015, 10:37 AM
prody
post Nov 5 2015, 11:32 AM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(Hansel @ Nov 5 2015, 09:41 AM)
Perhaps the Peer-to-Peer System in Sgp is more 'regulated' or 'affords more protection' to investors ?
Perhaps, I do not know the Singaporean regulation on this.

prody
post Nov 5 2015, 11:34 AM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(robertchoo @ Nov 5 2015, 10:36 AM)
high risk high returns. there are no asset class that can generate above 10% returns in 12 months. the key is to research research research. know what you're doing.

Actually there are asset classes which can do this. You just need to be very good at it or lucky all the time. biggrin.gif

FD's certainly are good if you don't like stress.

SUSrobertchoo
post Nov 5 2015, 06:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,753 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Nov 5 2015, 11:34 AM)
Actually there are asset classes which can do this. You just need to be very good at it or lucky all the time.  biggrin.gif

FD's certainly are good if you don't like stress.
such as? i've not seen any asset class that can gain you 10% in a years time that do not involve significant higher risk
prody
post Nov 6 2015, 08:39 AM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(robertchoo @ Nov 5 2015, 06:34 PM)
such as? i've not seen any asset class that can gain you 10% in a years time that do not involve significant higher risk
Actually you mentioned: "there are no asset class that can generate above 10% returns in 12 months."

I suppose you meant no risk free asses classes.
smartinvestor01
post Nov 6 2015, 08:11 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Nov 5 2015, 11:32 AM)
Perhaps, I do not know the Singaporean regulation on this.
If you are asking me to choose crowdfunding platform between singapore n malaysia, i will just go for singapore.. confidence is there..
nexona88
post Nov 13 2015, 11:37 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

The government regulatory framework Malaysia Equity Crowdfunding Framework (MyECF) has approved six equity crowdfunding platforms that will kickstart by the first quarter of 2016.

Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Chua Tee Yong said these platforms have been rigorously selected from a pool of 27 applicants both foreign and domestic.

"Organisations, particularly start-ups and small and medium enterprises, have to convince these six crowdfunding platforms by submitting a business model, reveal their cash flow and have the intention to raise financing by other means instead of the traditional methods of obtaining loans," he said.

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v8/bu/newsb....php?id=1189125
Hansel
post Nov 17 2015, 09:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

A new entrant into the debt mkt, replacing the standard bank FDs/loans and bond issuances. Hence, higher yield compared to bank FDs and bond coupons.

Soon, there will be a fund that invests into a group of crowdfunding vehicles that will help to spread the risk of concentration upon a single vehicle.
nexona88
post Nov 21 2015, 01:32 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,799 posts

Real estate crowdfunding in Malaysia
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Busines...Msia/?style=biz
xuzen
post Nov 21 2015, 04:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

QUOTE(robertchoo @ Nov 5 2015, 10:36 AM)

There are quite a few asset class in my knowledge that gives > 10% return in 12 mths period.

Unit Trust, stock market, warrants are some of them.

Xuzen
k town shit
post Jan 8 2017, 05:50 PM

Enthusiast
757 posts

any profitable business to invest into?
djzen
post Jun 7 2017, 02:49 PM

Startup life!
2,873 posts

For startups that want to do equity crowd funding:

http://nexeaangels.com/equity-crowd-fundin...ive-investment/

I think this blog explains quite a lot on how ECF works. Good for investors to understand too!
ryan18
post Apr 16 2021, 08:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,394 posts

Nobody invested in ECF? Last posting is from years ago
icemanfx
post Apr 17 2021, 12:20 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,791 posts

QUOTE(ryan18 @ Apr 16 2021, 08:39 PM)
Nobody invested in ECF? Last posting is from years ago