Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Equity Crowdfunding, Everybody can invest in private equity

views

prody
post Sep 29 2015, 01:04 PM

Dance while the record spins
1,548 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 12:02 PM)
They hadly invest in Malaysia company as what i know because of the economic landscape. their main project is mainly in China which to my knowledge even if i want to invest in a company i will strongly consider China due to their economic landscape and importantly is their populations.

There is a saying in business term by smart Boss.

"we don't look for money, but we look for peoples, because people carry money and money doesn't walk" hahah
What do you think is good about the China economic landscape?
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 01:27 PM

Saving and Investing for Retirement (The SIR Concept)
1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 01:02 PM)
Thank for the reply Bro,

U mean if i want to invest in any of the project they will provide trip for us to visit the place and listen to the owner future plans for the company? Or do i need to pay on my own accommodation? haha basically i have right? if company pao everything then it sounds more like a scams to me. hahaha.

New thing about APOTC. where can i find the details about APOTC?  and what does it stands for?
Not.. the company does not pay for your trips.. haha...

Like the last time i invested in Hong Kong land banking also no providing you free trips, the company only organizes the trip..

Last time, for Lian Hua, the investors are given the opportunity to enter into the factory and see the production process..

APOTC website is www.apsmeotc.com..
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 02:15 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Sep 29 2015, 01:04 PM)
What do you think is good about the China economic landscape?
All i can summarized about China economic landscape is "Buying Power". On top of that, look at their economy policy, even i get to know they are in the midst of placing their currency into "SDR Basket - Special Drawing Rights". If they succeed, China is going to be Asia big boy.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2a902ec0-6596-11...l#axzz3n6WZ5GrS

SDR Basket is where top major currency in the world currently is US Dollar, Euro Dollar, Japanese Yen and Pound Sterling. I'm not really good in explaining how it works, but the simplest way is their currency will be "freely usable". For example: if you trade forex, you will see few main currency against other currency for example: Major Pair >> EURUSD. I hope my explanation is right la.

https://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/data/rms_sdrv.aspx

So, if this occurred, i could foresee their economic will stay healthy even now still they are. Therefore, i think by investing into private equities into certain China Companies will be a benefits.

China government even promoting their Private Equity or i would say foreign investment into their country and its transparent.

http://www.eatonpartnersllc.com/wsj-privat...ve-and-eric-gu/

Compared to Malaysia economic landscape. I really malas wanna share so much information here and i believe everybody would have already knows what holds our economy back by now right? In investment i prefer to use facts finding and logical approach smile.gif

This is entirely based on my view and understanding. i'm not an public expert in economic scenery in Malaysia but rather a wise and logic investor who ride with the trend to make money cool2.gif

I hope my views answered your questions and please do forgive me if we have different view because human have different thinking n view. Thats why we only have 1 warren buffet. hahahah biggrin.gif
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 02:18 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(smartinvestor01 @ Sep 29 2015, 01:27 PM)
Not.. the company does not pay for your trips.. haha...

Like the last time i invested in Hong Kong land banking also no providing you free trips, the company only organizes the trip..

Last time, for Lian Hua, the investors are given the opportunity to enter into the factory and see the production process..

APOTC website is www.apsmeotc.com..
Wow, that would be awesome trip huh. Guess u learn a lot of that trip don't you? hehe. Least can grow my confidence if i invest.

Thanks for the sharing of knowledge Bro.

Tq
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 02:44 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 02:18 PM)
Wow, that would be awesome trip huh. Guess u learn a lot of that trip don't you? hehe. Least can grow my confidence if i invest.

Thanks for the sharing of knowledge Bro.

Tq
Hehe.. i am just ikan bilis, so i did not go to the trip.. i only received the newsletter on the information on their trip..

not worth for a small investor to fork up for the trip..

many big investors went there for the site visit.. ^^

but i am not sure if there would be another trip for ftribe or not.. ^^

This post has been edited by smartinvestor01: Sep 30 2015, 07:26 AM
prody
post Sep 29 2015, 02:49 PM

1,548 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 02:15 PM)
All i can summarized about China economic landscape is "Buying Power". On top of that, look at their economy policy, even i get to know they are in the midst of placing their currency into "SDR Basket - Special Drawing Rights". If they succeed, China is going to be Asia big boy.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2a902ec0-6596-11...l#axzz3n6WZ5GrS

SDR Basket is where top major currency in the world currently is US Dollar, Euro Dollar, Japanese Yen and Pound Sterling. I'm not really good in explaining how it works, but the simplest way is their currency will be "freely usable". For example: if you trade forex, you will see few main currency against other currency for example: Major Pair >> EURUSD. I hope my explanation is right la. 

https://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/data/rms_sdrv.aspx

So, if this occurred, i could foresee their economic will stay healthy even now still they are. Therefore, i think by investing into private equities into certain China Companies will be a benefits.

China government even promoting their Private Equity or i would say foreign investment into their country and its transparent.

http://www.eatonpartnersllc.com/wsj-privat...ve-and-eric-gu/

Compared to Malaysia economic landscape. I really malas wanna share so much information here and i believe everybody would have already knows what holds our economy back by now right? In investment i prefer to use facts finding and logical approach smile.gif

This is entirely based on my view and understanding. i'm not an public expert in economic scenery in Malaysia but rather a wise and logic investor who ride with the trend to make money cool2.gif

I hope my views answered your questions and please do forgive me if we have different view because human have different thinking n view. Thats why we only have 1 warren buffet. hahahah  biggrin.gif
Just curious, since nowadays the Chinese economy is mostly seen to be in bad shape.

blahbleh
post Sep 29 2015, 03:10 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

Hi bro,

May I know if this is regulated? Any finding on that? Since this company is registered in Malaysia, what is their nature of business? If involves in deposit taking, for sure needs to be regulated (registered with SC, BNM etc.).

Thanks.
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 03:14 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(prody @ Sep 29 2015, 02:49 PM)
Just curious, since nowadays the Chinese economy is mostly seen to be in bad shape.
It depends bro on our view of the potential market. smile.gif
xuzen
post Sep 29 2015, 03:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

Equity Crowdfunding, UT, SPAC, Private Equity etc all are permutation of a common strategy... pooling of resources among like minded individual for common gains.

The devil is in the detail. Of these, UT is the most highly regulated by the authority to protect the consumer.

SPAC and Private Equities are now regulated by Sec-Com albeit more loosely than UT.

Equity Crowdfunding is the new kid in town, highly unregulated at the moment, but Sec-Com is eyeing it now. Enter at your own risk. It is as secure as Pegasus or Geneva Gold.

I often say this... all these unregulated scheme are not illegal per-se, cuma it is unregulated. You can still make money. But if SH1T Hits the fan, you have no recourse. So, if you invest RM 2.6M into the scheme and your net-worth is RM 2.6Billion, no problem.

If your net worth is RM 1Million and you invest RM 250K i.e., one quarter of it into an unregulated scheme... your balls are made of adamantium.

Xuzen

This post has been edited by xuzen: Sep 29 2015, 03:26 PM
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 03:27 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(blahbleh @ Sep 29 2015, 03:10 PM)
Hi bro,

May I know if this is regulated? Any finding on that? Since this company is registered in Malaysia, what is their nature of business? If involves in deposit taking, for sure needs to be regulated (registered with SC, BNM etc.).

Thanks.
Hi Bro,

I haven't meet the person in charge and ask in details yet. However, their nature of business is dealing with private equity which is i think more like an financial entity that stands in as middle person to negotiate for a good terms from a SMEs and offer the investment opportunity to small investors like me to have the opportunity to invest in Private Equity.

In terms of regulations by BNM this i not sure how to answer you, but to my understanding is dealing with private equity normally is an understanding between the investors and the company they invested in and both party will sign an agreement. Coz they way i look at their model is more towards Venture Capital or Angel Investment; which in Malaysia there are no strong regulations on this i guess, even if only the big company entitled for it but no chance for small investors like us to involve in. For example: Berjaya Group Boss Tan Sri Vincent Tan also aggressive in invest in companies that he find it profitable in return.

Lastly Bro, it all depends on which money we choose to use and invest. not loan for sure. Like me (a small investors), i dont have the capability to invest in property due to their downpayment and the property landscape in malaysia lately, so i have to choose another way to invest. Thats why i created this topicso we, each other can gain valuable information on equity crowdfunding. hehe

End of the day, it all falls back on your own due diligence and whether are you a risk taker. Like me, i always told myself, "if i think and act like the ordinary, i will end up like the ordinary" hahaha... u better pray hard another 5 to 10 years i can be a millionaire. lol
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 04:21 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(blahbleh @ Sep 29 2015, 03:10 PM)
Hi bro,

Thanks.
Just for your information, some of the offshore investment is actually not to say illegal, just that it is not covered by legal terms in Malaysia..

For example, instaforex is deemed as not legal in Malaysia, so if anything happens, there would no rooms for disputes should any complaint arise. but until today, instaforex is still paying.. So in any case of complaint, SC and BNM would not be protecting.. As such, this is the grey area in overseas investment..

Unless you are investing in local crowdfunding companies, but then again, from the legal framework of the crowdfunding rules, the maximum per investment is about RM5,000..

In my previous investment, the local company was set up to do marketing purposes.. but the main company is in Hong Kong.. it is actually a requirement for them to set up a company to do marketing here in Malaysia...

Those investments are actually telegraphic transfer (TT) to Hong Kong..

This post has been edited by smartinvestor01: Sep 29 2015, 04:22 PM
smartinvestor01
post Sep 29 2015, 04:25 PM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 03:27 PM)
Hi Bro,

I haven't meet the person in charge and ask in details yet. However, their nature of business is dealing with private equity which is i think more like an financial entity that stands in as middle person to negotiate for a good terms from a SMEs and offer the investment opportunity to small investors like me to have the opportunity to invest in Private Equity.

In terms of regulations by BNM this i not sure how to answer you, but to my understanding is dealing with private equity normally is an understanding between the investors and the company they invested in and both party will sign an agreement. Coz they way i look at their model is more towards Venture Capital or Angel Investment; which in Malaysia there are no strong regulations on this i guess, even if only the big company entitled for it but no chance for small investors like us to involve in. For example: Berjaya Group Boss Tan Sri Vincent Tan also aggressive in invest in companies that he find it profitable in return.

Lastly Bro, it all depends on which money we choose to use and invest. not loan for sure. Like me (a small investors), i dont have the capability to invest in property due to their downpayment and the property landscape in malaysia lately, so i have to choose another way to invest. Thats why i created this topicso we, each other can gain valuable information on equity crowdfunding. hehe

End of the day, it all falls back on your own due diligence and whether are you a risk taker. Like me, i always told myself, "if i think and act like the ordinary, i will end up like the ordinary" hahaha... u better pray hard another 5 to 10 years i can be a millionaire. lol
Yes.. investors will be given an agreement to sign after the project closing.. The purpose of the company to venture to China was due to the higher upside potential upon listing of the company in either GEM or HKSE main board..

No harm to try investing in something different if you have extra cash.. Then again, the cash that you discounted from your net worth, of course to avoid disappointment or frustration should anything bad happen.. ^^
nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 04:42 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,809 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Sep 29 2015, 03:17 PM)
Equity Crowdfunding, UT, SPAC, Private Equity etc all are permutation of a common strategy... pooling of resources among like minded individual for common gains.

The devil is in the detail. Of these, UT is the most highly regulated by the authority to protect the consumer.

SPAC and Private Equities are now regulated by Sec-Com albeit more loosely than UT.

Equity Crowdfunding is the new kid in town, highly unregulated at the moment, but Sec-Com is eyeing it now. Enter at your own risk. It is as secure as Pegasus or Geneva Gold.

I often say this... all these unregulated scheme are not illegal per-se, cuma it is unregulated. You can still make money. But if SH1T Hits the fan, you have no recourse. So, if you invest RM 2.6M into the scheme and your net-worth is RM 2.6Billion, no problem.

If your net worth is RM 1Million and you invest RM 250K i.e., one quarter of it into an unregulated scheme... your balls are made of adamantium.

Xuzen
do u invest before in these Equity Crowdfunding thingy? hmm.gif
TScf kaki
post Sep 29 2015, 05:00 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 04:42 PM)
do u invest before in these Equity Crowdfunding thingy?  hmm.gif
SmartInvestor01 already invested. Me is still understanding the principal behind and on the way i would say. hehe
nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 05:02 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,809 posts

QUOTE(cf kaki @ Sep 29 2015, 05:00 PM)
SmartInvestor01 already invested. Me is still understanding the principal behind and on the way i would say. hehe
same here.. I'm trying to understand the concept.. but looks kinda risky tho hmm.gif
xuzen
post Sep 29 2015, 06:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,436 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 04:42 PM)
do u invest before in these Equity Crowdfunding thingy?  hmm.gif
I am risk averse wan lar... I will not touch these unregulated schemes, Private equities and SPAC also I'll take a rain-cheque.

Xuzen

nexona88
post Sep 29 2015, 06:59 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,809 posts

QUOTE(xuzen @ Sep 29 2015, 06:05 PM)
I am risk averse wan lar... I will not touch these unregulated schemes, Private equities and SPAC also I'll take a rain-cheque.

Xuzen
wah even SPAC u don't touch ohmy.gif notworthy.gif

but yeah, SPAC is "tin kosong".. now all those SPAC directors makan gaji buta.. QA not yet shakehead.gif
smartinvestor01
post Sep 30 2015, 07:25 AM

1,423 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 05:02 PM)
same here.. I'm trying to understand the concept.. but looks kinda risky tho hmm.gif
Ya.. haha.. the concept is there just that the risk is there...

Kind of not suitable for risk adverse investors.. my majority money is still with ASX FP funds.. ^^
TScf kaki
post Sep 30 2015, 10:58 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 29 2015, 05:02 PM)
risks is everywhere. hahaha ... thats how millionaires / billionaires makes money tho. Remember must be calculated risks not pointless risk. cool2.gif
prody
post Sep 30 2015, 04:31 PM

1,548 posts

I can see these risks for crowdfunding a relatively new company that mainly invests in overseas companies:
1 Risk that the company is more of a scam than an actual investment company (since they have no long track record, there are many scams around)
2 Risk that the investments they make are no good (since they have no long track record)
3 Currency risk (if the currency of the country they invest in appreciates compared to the Ringgit)

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0156sec    0.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:31 AM