DannyOP
post Oct 1 2015, 11:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,219 posts

QUOTE(monocle @ Oct 1 2015, 08:40 AM)
I watched the product launching.
The guy compared mi4c size:battery size with iphone, huawei p8, samsung s6

But never compare to sony's 5.2inch/3000 mah.. tongue.gif
Of course la .. It's called marketing and advertisement. Who wanna show another product which is better than theirs and then tell customers to buy theirs?

Anyway Sony 3000mah 5.2in not rm989 also right?
monocle
post Oct 1 2015, 11:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,645 posts

QUOTE(DannyOP @ Oct 1 2015, 11:36 PM)
Of course la .. It's called marketing and advertisement. Who wanna show another product which is better than theirs and then tell customers to buy theirs?

Anyway Sony 3000mah 5.2in not rm989 also right?
Nope..
Those that he compared not rm989 also right?
DannyOP
post Oct 1 2015, 11:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,219 posts

QUOTE(monocle @ Oct 1 2015, 11:40 PM)
Nope..
Those that he compared not rm989 also right?
Yes but they have much worse battery, that's why it's marketing & advertisement.
CzarXVII
post Oct 3 2015, 12:56 AM

Casual
393 posts

right now all major retailer like DirectD, Satu Gadget, Expressfon and iD wholesale smartphone only sell 16gb/2gb ram version. U guys have any idea where i could find 32gb/3gb ram version?
cowithgun
post Oct 5 2015, 05:44 PM

A cow that can play notebook & phone
2,248 posts

QUOTE(CzarXVII @ Oct 3 2015, 12:56 AM)
right now all major retailer like DirectD, Satu Gadget, Expressfon and iD wholesale smartphone only sell 16gb/2gb ram version. U guys have any idea where i could find 32gb/3gb ram version?
Ohh got myself a 3GB version... worth the $. got it with help from a friend...

Attached Image
monocle
post Oct 5 2015, 06:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,645 posts

Hope mi malaysia will bring in..
arecheese
post Oct 6 2015, 12:07 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(cowithgun @ Oct 5 2015, 05:44 PM)
Ohh got myself a 3GB version... worth the $. got it with help from a friend...

Attached Image
how much u end up sending? got english ROM? really interested to buy one
wcypierre
post Oct 6 2015, 02:27 AM

Newbie Programmer
Group Icon
Elite
4,608 posts

QUOTE(CzarXVII @ Oct 3 2015, 12:56 AM)
import from taobao laugh.gif
cowithgun
post Oct 6 2015, 02:43 PM

2,248 posts

QUOTE(arecheese @ Oct 6 2015, 12:07 AM)
how much u end up sending? got english ROM? really interested to buy one
It's natively support English.

Mi4c Review by an ex-Nexus 4 owner

My last phone was a Nexus 4. A pure google phone. I was kind of crazy of AOSP and stuff. Compiling the whole kernel and ROM from scratch. Undervolt and overclock my phone. Benchmark freak, optimized my phone like hell. Crazy over every new patch, etc.

Then, my N4 died. It was an accident, glass at the back cracked. Time to move on. RIP: Jan 2013 - Oct 2015. Lived a glorious life.

Been searching for a new phone, unimpressed by the underpower Snapdragon 615 in Google Play X. Cut-throat (price -wise) iPhone 6s and Samsungs. Can't wait for Nexus 5X. I found a gem - Mi4c.

I heard of Xiaomi. I have been using Mi Powerbank and Ear phone. Really like what they are doing with their products. Cheap price, great spec and quality.

First the spec:

1. Snapdragon 808 - This is the best SOC in the market right now. Manufactured using the same 20nm, it is very similar to the top line 810, except that it is hexa-core. With 2 less cores than 810, I think the heat / throttling issue in 810 will be more manageable in 808. It should be easier on the battery as well.

Read more about 810 throttling: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/04/in-...-heat-problems/

More about 808 with less heat problem: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/04/qua...der-the-collar/

2. Design / dimension - I like using my phone with just 1 hand. So, big phalet is no-no for me. The 5.0" phone has similar size with n4 except that it is a big longer. 1-hand operation is natural. On top of that it comes with a handy (pun intended) 1-hand operation mode.

Attached Image

However, I like the smooth edge in N4 better. Scrolling from side feel great in N4.

Mi4c also has this "Edge tap" which is pretty handy. Simply tap anywhere on the edge to snap a photo. It's fun.

3. Bright IPS screen - Enough said. I am bias, I like bright IPS screen. mi4c screen is gorgeous. It's definitely better than N4.

4. Software - I am sorry, I didn't give MIUI much chance, I heard it's pretty good but I didn't test it enough. I install Google Launcher, Photos, Calendar, etc. I am familiar with these app. I like Google Now feeding me with info at the right time. It is now feel and look like my N4. tongue.gif The way I like it.

Attached Image

I will miss my N4 when Marshmallow released. One of the best feature of Mashmallow is the new Permission. To my surprise, the current MIUI 7 already has this feature! It's even a little better. In Mashmallow, you can control on/off each permission in each App. In MIUI 7, other than On/Off, you can chose Notify which pop up a request and allow you to chose. In fact, my friend told me this feature has been around for quite some time in custom rom, Google is playing catching up. The Security App in MIUI has more features I have not explore. There are also many Battery profile and control to chose from. Seem interesting.

Attached Image

5. Performance and Battery - Don't really have time to test these yet. I only get the phone yesterday. Will report back on this. I heard that it get like 50k Antutu without any tweak.

user posted image

I am pretty sure I can do better than that. Battery is big for phone of this size - 3,080mAh. I can survive with N4 battery life, 808 is a lot more efficient than S4 pro, I am sure this will be a huge improvement.

arecheese
post Oct 6 2015, 09:10 PM

Casual
309 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Awesome mini review! thanks for that, keep us updatedd on the battery life~. also, was interested in how much you had to pay to bring it in?
Xierra777
post Oct 6 2015, 09:40 PM

thou payest dearly
1,577 posts

Hm Adreno 418 is no faster than 320?
-Aktan-
post Oct 6 2015, 11:11 PM

2.6b dah masuk bro
873 posts

Awesome review cowithgun, still with my nexus 4, if it dies, i might go for xiaomi as well, expect more review especially battery.
silrave
post Oct 7 2015, 01:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,836 posts

QUOTE(cowithgun @ Oct 6 2015, 02:43 PM)
It's natively support English.

Mi4c Review by an ex-Nexus 4 owner

My last phone was a Nexus 4. A pure google phone. I was kind of crazy of AOSP and stuff. Compiling the whole kernel and ROM from scratch. Undervolt and overclock my phone. Benchmark freak, optimized my phone like hell. Crazy over every new patch, etc.

Then, my N4 died. It was an accident, glass at the back cracked. Time to move on. RIP: Jan 2013 - Oct 2015. Lived a glorious life.

Been searching for a new phone, unimpressed by the underpower Snapdragon 615 in Google Play X. Cut-throat (price -wise) iPhone 6s and Samsungs. Can't wait for Nexus 5X. I found a gem - Mi4c.

I heard of Xiaomi. I have been using Mi Powerbank and Ear phone. Really like what they are doing with their products. Cheap price, great spec and quality.

First the spec:

1. Snapdragon 808 - This is the best SOC in the market right now. Manufactured using the same 20nm, it is very similar to the top line 810, except that it is hexa-core. With 2 less cores than 810, I think the heat / throttling issue in 810 will be more manageable in 808. It should be easier on the battery as well.

Read more about 810 throttling: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/04/in-...-heat-problems/

More about 808 with less heat problem: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/04/qua...der-the-collar/

2. Design / dimension - I like using my phone with just 1 hand. So, big phalet is no-no for me. The 5.0" phone has similar size with n4 except that it is a big longer. 1-hand operation is natural. On top of that it comes with a handy (pun intended) 1-hand operation mode.

Attached Image

However, I like the smooth edge in N4 better. Scrolling from side feel great in N4.

Mi4c also has this "Edge tap" which is pretty handy. Simply tap anywhere on the edge to snap a photo. It's fun.

3. Bright IPS screen - Enough said. I am bias, I like bright IPS screen. mi4c screen is gorgeous. It's definitely better than N4.

4. Software - I am sorry, I didn't give MIUI much chance, I heard it's pretty good but I didn't test it enough. I install Google Launcher, Photos, Calendar, etc. I am familiar with these app. I like Google Now feeding me with info at the right time. It is now feel and look like my N4.  tongue.gif  The way I like it.

Attached Image

I will miss my N4 when Marshmallow released. One of the best feature of Mashmallow is the new Permission. To my surprise, the current MIUI 7 already has this feature! It's even a little better. In Mashmallow, you can control on/off each permission in each App. In MIUI 7, other than On/Off, you can chose Notify which pop up a request and allow you to chose. In fact, my friend told me this feature has been around for quite some time in custom rom, Google is playing catching up. The Security App in MIUI has more features I have not explore. There are also many Battery profile and control to chose from. Seem interesting.

Attached Image

5. Performance and Battery - Don't really have time to test these yet. I only get the phone yesterday. Will report back on this. I heard that it get like 50k Antutu without any tweak.

user posted image

I am pretty sure I can do better than that. Battery is big for phone of this size - 3,080mAh. I can survive with N4 battery life, 808 is a lot more efficient than S4 pro, I am sure this will be a huge improvement.
pls test the camera too
thx ^^
theaxia
post Oct 7 2015, 03:16 AM

38 posts

mi4c vs zenfone selfie which one is better?
Xierra777
post Oct 7 2015, 03:47 AM

thou payest dearly
1,577 posts

QUOTE(theaxia @ Oct 7 2015, 03:16 AM)
mi4c vs zenfone selfie which one is better?
Mi4C without a doubt.
Zenfone Selfie only edge out Mi4C in front camera and expandble storage. Nothing more.

Design wise, all Zenfone 2 is too big to be a 5.5"
The bezels are too big. It's too ugly.

Performance wise, The Snapdragon 808 eats 615 anyday.

I believe the screen and rear camera are the same with other Zenfone 2. Screen is soo dim even at maximum brightness. Camera is subpar with poor exposure and dynamic range.

But the auto focus + dual flash can be handy for selfie lovers.
If you're not into selfie, no reason not to pick Mi4C.

This post has been edited by Xierra777: Oct 7 2015, 03:56 AM
theaxia
post Oct 7 2015, 04:33 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(Xierra777 @ Oct 7 2015, 03:47 AM)
Mi4C without a doubt.
Zenfone Selfie only edge out Mi4C in front camera and expandble storage. Nothing more.

Design wise, all Zenfone 2 is too big to be a 5.5"
The bezels are too big. It's too ugly.

Performance wise, The Snapdragon 808 eats 615 anyday.
I believe the screen and rear camera are the same with other Zenfone 2. Screen is soo dim even at maximum brightness. Camera is subpar with poor exposure and dynamic range.

But the auto focus + dual flash can be handy for selfie lovers.
If you're not into selfie, no reason not to pick Mi4C.
ok is the front facing camera of mi4c wide angle?

currently using lumia 920 since its debut, it is also my first smartphone, never used an android before.
eventho i am just using normal apps like whatsapp wechat etc on phone, i kinda gave up on windows phone.. the lack of apps make me stay outdated..

its not that i am into selfie that much, but i think sooner or later, i will need to use the front facing camera alot, if not me using, its my waifu or for family selfie.. whistling.gif
i think its more practical using the front facing for easier framing without losing quality..

so is it really bad decision if i take the zenfone selfie (615) over mi4c (808)??

i am not into games, but maybe after owning my first android later, i will be installing apps that i cant install in windows phone.. like fitness apps tracker like mi band, maybe action camera apps, banking apps etc.. not really into games as i get bored easily..

sometimes there is a shopping apps that get u nice discount that windows phone dont have..
yes i can borrow someone else phone, but.. nevermind..

i feel very limited using windows phone.. hahaha..
luckily this phone has not die yet, i am waiting for years to jump to android worthy phone...

This post has been edited by theaxia: Oct 7 2015, 04:36 AM
DannyOP
post Oct 7 2015, 08:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,219 posts

I don't think got any other phone which has flagship processor priced below RM1k. It's almost half the price of the Oneplus Two! Anyone who want 5 in screen phones this will be the obvious choice.

Zenfone Selfie won't be as good unless it's a bigger screen you want.
cowithgun
post Oct 7 2015, 11:40 AM

2,248 posts

QUOTE(silrave @ Oct 7 2015, 01:43 AM)
pls test the camera too
thx ^^
QUOTE(theaxia @ Oct 7 2015, 04:33 AM)

currently using lumia 920 since its debut, it is also my first smartphone, never used an android before.
eventho i am just using normal apps like whatsapp wechat etc on phone, i kinda gave up on windows phone.. the lack of apps make me stay outdated..

its not that i am into selfie that much, but i think sooner or later, i will need to use the front facing camera alot, if not me using, its my waifu or for family selfie..  whistling.gif 
i think its more practical using the front facing for easier framing without losing quality..

so is it really bad decision if i take the zenfone selfie (615) over mi4c (808)??

i am not into games, but maybe after owning my first android later, i will be installing apps that i cant install in windows phone.. like fitness apps tracker like mi band, maybe action camera apps, banking apps etc.. not really into games as i get bored easily..

sometimes there is a shopping apps that get u nice discount that windows phone dont have..
luckily this phone has not die yet, i am waiting for years to jump to android worthy phone...
I am really bad about camera... don't really use it much. I ll leave it to other expert to comment on this.

One thing I like is the Edge Tab feature on Mi4C. If you like to take selfie, this is really fun. Simply use your thumb and tap on the edge of the phone to snap a photo. Yes, not on the screen, tap on the edge of the phone. It's very natural way to snap a photo.

Watch here:

More info about Edge Tab: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dohF6lxHYXM&t=31m36s

More info about Camera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dohF6lxHYXM&t=34m36s
- Phase detection (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autofocus#Phase_detection)
- ISP from 808 can reduce over-exposure
- Improved Low light capture (look like normal HDF to me, but I m not sure)

More about front camera - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dohF6lxHYXM&t=40m30s
- Front camera has wide angle (85 degree) bigger than iPhone 6
- Asus selfie has 88 degree sweat.gif

Xierra777
post Oct 7 2015, 12:20 PM

thou payest dearly
1,577 posts

QUOTE(theaxia @ Oct 7 2015, 04:33 AM)

its not that i am into selfie that much, but i think sooner or later, i will need to use the front facing camera alot, if not me using, its my waifu or for family selfie..  whistling.gif 

Mi4C is wide angle just like Mi4 and Mi4i. Easily fits 4 people.
In fact, Mi4C has wider angle than Zenfone Selfie.
808 is future proof. Where else can you find 808? LG G4. A phone that costs 2k+

It makes a lot of differences not only in gaming.
808 is so powerful per core, that matters a lot.
808 comes with top tier isp to deliver better camera quality.

This post has been edited by Xierra777: Oct 7 2015, 12:33 PM
ajay67
post Oct 7 2015, 12:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,946 posts

the one selling locally like directd are all english rom & have play store?

25 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0229sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:15 PM