Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Where to cheaply fix Honda Civic in KL., Armrest console lock broken

views

TSvoncrane
post Sep 18 2015, 09:54 AM, updated 4y ago

Noir et fier!
Group: Senior Member

Hi all, the lock/latch on the armrest console of an 08' Civic recently broke off and refuses to close properly. Looks & feels like it's going to drop out soon. I'd like to as inexpensive and quickly as possible have it fixed within kl. Prefer having the latch itself fixed rather than replace the entire armrest console with the box (already suggested by 2 shops) as that would be more expensive. Kindly recommend me a trusty fellow or shop within kl that can handle this, preferably while I wait. Thanks.

Edit: Made request clearer.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Sep 18 2015, 11:32 AM
kevin613
post Sep 18 2015, 11:03 AM

which part is broken? my dad's civic 08 had problem with the arm rest console lock too, where the part that holds the spring in the lock is broken, and i work around it by stuffing sponge into the lock mechanism to replace the spring, and it worked.

This post has been edited by kevin613: Sep 18 2015, 11:03 AM
TSvoncrane
post Sep 18 2015, 11:37 AM

Noir et fier!

QUOTE(kevin613 @ Sep 18 2015, 11:03 AM)
which part is broken? my dad's civic 08 had problem with the arm rest console lock too, where the part that holds the spring in the lock is broken, and i work around it by stuffing sponge into the lock mechanism to replace the spring, and it worked.
I believe it's the same problem with mine as well, hoping it's not some production defect. The spring and the rod that goes across broke off on one side. Right now, it's barely hanging on and I try not to move it cuz the slightest touch and the cover springs open.
kevin613
post Sep 18 2015, 12:11 PM

QUOTE(voncrane @ Sep 18 2015, 11:37 AM)
I believe it's the same problem with mine as well, hoping it's not some production defect. The spring and the rod that goes across broke off on one side. Right now, it's barely hanging on and I try not to move it cuz the slightest touch and the cover springs open.
then stuffing sponge should do the trick.. tongue.gif

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0702sec    2.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 08:58 PM