Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official iPad Pro discussion thread v1

views

stringfellow
post Nov 12 2015, 09:02 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

iPad Pro arriving tomorrow at local Apple Premium Resellers. No Apple Pencil or Keyboard cover though. sad.gif
stringfellow
post Nov 13 2015, 07:58 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(guilt79 @ Nov 13 2015, 12:42 PM)
Bro. Can tell me which store had it? Checking around and most of them say next month
MacStudio BBPark.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Size comparison with the Surface Book. I cannot in good conscience consider getting it without trying it together with the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard. Apple Pencil coming next week, Smart Keyboard no estimate dates.
stringfellow
post Nov 14 2015, 10:36 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(Liem An Du @ Nov 14 2015, 10:19 PM)
Looks good.
May I know what do you think about it?
I mean compared with the surface.
Both is very very irresistible.
sweat.gif
Inconcolusive. The only reason for me that the iPad Pro exist is to replace a laptop, and the Smart Keyboard is not here to allow me to judge that. Apple Pencil for drawing only if I'm bored, not much of an artist. Until the Smart Keyboard arrives and I've ample chance to try it out based on what I can do on my 2015 Macbook that it is going to replace, I'm not buying it.

Compared to the Surface Book, it is severely inadequate. The Surface Book is a full fledged laptop in tablet form. The iPad Pro is a tablet trying to be a laptop. Full desktop OS versus mobile OS. Surface Book is far more versatile and useful. But then again, the Surface Book is far more expensive than an iPad Pro, so that may be a further consideration.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Nov 14 2015, 10:39 PM
stringfellow
post Nov 14 2015, 11:34 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(MacDaNife @ Nov 14 2015, 11:11 PM)
I need my Surface Pro (3 not 4) to run Windows-based software which is used in the information systems at work. There are no MaOSc or iOS equivalents. My Surface running Win8 was fine. I dropped it however and required a replacement and the one that Microsoft sent back to me came with Win10. This keeps bluescreening. I've disable Cortana and while the frequency of Bluescreens have decreased it still happens. No added software other than MS Office. Seriously Microsoft - you need to get your act together.

The iPad Pro (128Gb Wifi/LTE however has been a sheer joy to use. String is right. It needs a keyboard to be a laptop but even without - the fact that it doesn't bluescreen while I'm trying to get work done is a HUGE plus.
Yes. I overcame sticker shock. And am glad I did.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Text spoilered as it has nothing to do with the iPad Pro discussion. Read at your own discretion.
stringfellow
post Nov 15 2015, 08:58 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Flying to Amsterdam tonight. Plan is to head to Apple Store Amsterdam to properly test drive the Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil.

They won't be available though, marked as only available in 4-5 weeks time. Apple really dropped the ball this time. I dare say that majority of the folks getting the iPad Pro will either be working in the capacity of creative creation using the Apple Pencil or planning to be productive while using the Smart Keyboard. Selling it only as a huge iPad is more of a half-fulfilled promise. SMH.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0618sec    0.80    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th October 2020 - 04:55 PM