Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPad Pro discussion thread v1

views

cheeshion
post Nov 19 2015, 04:23 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(MacDaNife @ Nov 17 2015, 08:10 AM)
It's curious how size changes everything. If you think about it, the iPad Pro runs the same software essentially as your iPhone. Scale it up to it's present proportions and it becomes a different device entirely. Something that you have to see to believe. I remember thinking i won't buy the iPad, it after all is simply "an iPhone on steroids" then buying it immediately when I saw it in the store.

the iPad Pro is similar. There are some critical differences though:

1. Swiping from the right side of the screen enables split screen. Very useful. I'd like to be able to run a mouse though. I could never cut and paste with my finger quite as effectively or drag and drop without a mouse.

2. Installing a LTE SIM (RM15 per month via Maxis) allows me to use the same data plan than usually remains underused and means I am now connected everywhere

3. Accessing my networked hard drive in bed to watch downloaded content (read: torrents) is amazing with the four speakers of this fella

4. Reading Magazines and Books is the closest thing to paper ever. Better cos you don't need to switch on the bedside light. You might think that not having to scroll is a small thing. It is NOT.

5. This thing is blazingly fast. With optimized software. Something that Microsoft with the Surface simply fail to understand after all these years: it's not enough to have killer hardware. You cripple the software and it's still a lemon.

This is going to be a runaway success. Even more so when the installed software base catches up to the new capabilities of the machine.
Well said, Doc...
thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0413sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:04 PM