Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official iPad Pro discussion thread v1

views

celciuz
post Oct 10 2019, 09:55 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Oct 9 2019, 11:47 AM)
Ipad Pro 10.5 2017 on IpadOS13, it's smooth after installation.
Just saw the RM 1899 deal for the 2017 10.5” 256 GB Wi-Fi, was considering either the 2019 iPad Air 64 GB (A12) RM 2199 or the budget 2019 iPad 32 GB (A10X). But with this deal for the 256 GB no brainer haha, main use actually mobile display for my little girl 😅

My last iPad was the 2013 iPad Air first generation, I think the cellular chip burnt so now I can’t activate it 😑
celciuz
post Oct 10 2019, 10:19 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(Savor_Savvy @ Oct 10 2019, 10:03 AM)
No brainer for a pro at RM1899, 256GB. I bought mine at RM2199 in May 2019, 64GB only.
Yes, what I see is 256 GB, 120 Hz refresh rate and the quad speaker. I mean if I get the 256 GB 2019 iPad probably cost more than this at lower specs 😂

Only complain probably it doesn’t have 3D Touch home button 😅 this will probably spoil over time.
celciuz
post Oct 10 2019, 01:53 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Oct 10 2019, 12:50 PM)
budget 2019 iPad 10.5 A10 only, the iPad Pro 10.5 (2017) is A10x with Promotion,truetone,laminated display + 4 speakers.
Ahh my bad, its actually the A10. I was thinking the A10X. So, any recommended case perhaps? Looks like pretty hard to find case since its discontinued, unless some still producing for the iPad Air 3 while remaining cut outs for the quad speakers.
celciuz
post Oct 10 2019, 03:19 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(Chiggah @ Oct 10 2019, 02:05 PM)
Did you buy it ? Saw this too.
Ordered, hunting for SP and case now 😂 likely going for Logitech Slim Combo.
celciuz
post Oct 10 2019, 08:27 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 10 2019, 05:30 PM)
I'm looking for a case myself too! And the Apple Pencil actually.

Do share here on what you get? Saw the Logitech Slim Combo...seems rather bulky though. I'm hoping with the iPad, I'll be sketching more, since it'll be so much easier to carry around vs a surface pro. Would also help since it'll be synced to my computer straight away.

Sorry. I digress. Speaking of SP, there's mixed discussion about the paperlike. Don't think I'm gonna go with a glass since it'll just add more gap between the stylus and the screen.

On a side note, damn this ninja is slow. They only have half an hour left to make that delivery.
EDIT: Brain is in such a disarray laugh.gif

I'm contemplating getting the smart keyboard + back case + pencil. But the smart keyboard is pricey. Not sure how much I need it. Hmm...

Maybe try the logitech K320? Or was it 420. I forgot laugh.gif
I went with the Logitech Slim Combo, pretty neat and when I’m not using it my little boss might be using and extra protection is good 🤣

I’ve been seeing these paper screen protector... I wonder is it worth over the glass?

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 10 2019, 05:34 PM)
The official Apple Store? They sold out quite early didn't they? I think quite a few people were peeved since the black went from 3k to 1.9k for today. Heh.

I think there's only one other store that have it back in stock.

I was initially in the market for the 7th Gen...but for the price, man this is a good deal.

Any source on where to get the pencil for non-rrp? I might just swing by switch this weekend to get it so I can jump straight in to sketching biggrin.gif
I bought from another Lazada store selling at 1899 for the space grey, paid extra RM 4.80 but I wanted the black borders on the screen. I was too in the market for either 7th or Air but this offer is hard to refuse.
celciuz
post Oct 12 2019, 11:13 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Oct 12 2019, 10:35 AM)
Lazada got Black, Silver and Rose Gold for sales for RM1899 256+WiFi model. Oh well, sold out everywhere.
Grabbed that tongue.gif but didn't get from Lazada Apple Store but from another seller cause their Space Grey was out of stocks.

What's the best player for those video files on iPad? Need to stuff some videos in to play when needed... for my kid sweat.gif

This post has been edited by celciuz: Oct 12 2019, 11:13 AM
celciuz
post Oct 12 2019, 02:37 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(starship1 @ Oct 12 2019, 01:39 PM)
Just use the iPad default video player but it is limited to playing the MP4 or one or two more popular video format.
Or download the OPlayer lite which can play almost any video format but has tons of intrusive advertisement kicking and peeping at the background or you may purchase a ads free full version.
Only few apps are free and useful in the Apple's ecosystems universe.
Default player, meaning sync through iTunes?
celciuz
post Oct 15 2019, 07:53 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Oct 15 2019, 12:28 AM)
Same here... just buy almost immediately... smile.gif

Anyways... anyone got cheap and good keyboard recommendation? Doesnt feel right to spend rm400 or rm500 on keyboard since the ipad pro is rm1899 only...
I bought Logitech Slim Combo @ RM 499, arrived but have not started using cause screen protector is still on the way 😂 iPad Pro 10.5 arrived on Saturday but sitting in the cabinet waiting to be activated.
celciuz
post Oct 15 2019, 08:48 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Oct 15 2019, 08:35 AM)
That is my dilemma now... rm499 keyboard... almost 30% the cost of the ipad itself? I am trying to look for a cheaper keyboard... lol ... would have probably paid rm499 if my ipad is rm4k or so... just my personal thoughts anyway... do share with us your experience on the logitech... maybe will influence to buy ...hehe
I think RM499 not too bad, cause it comes with the case + keyboard (its detachable) versus Apple's keyboard itself is uhh about RM650?

Will update once I get a feel of it tongue.gif Downside I guess there's only the blue color now, no more black.
celciuz
post Oct 15 2019, 03:20 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 15 2019, 09:38 AM)
So far the only acc I've bought for the iPad is the Pencil and a cheapo case. Not sure I want a keyboard just yet since primary use of the iPad will be for sketching. Like you, I'm not keen to spend too much on a keyboard sweat.gif

If I do need it, I'm thinking of going with either the K380/480 or the Apple Keyboard (not the smart cover one, the full fledged one), or an Anne Pro.
I've been recommended that as well but can't bring myself to buy one due to the sheer size and weight of it. Is your iPad a laptop replacement by any chance? Not sure I want that kinda bulk on such a mobile device...Might as well just bring along a MBP if it's that bulky? For me at least.

You really got the patience! Btw, your unit my already be pre-activated. Might be different since we got them from different retailers though.
Well, I bought the iPad Pro mainly as a bigger screen than iPhone Xs/Xs Max for my daughter's meal time LOL. Let me compare to my big rMBP 15 haha, its a late 2013.

Wait... these devices should not be pre-activated? Else the warranty period would be affected no?
celciuz
post Oct 15 2019, 10:20 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 15 2019, 05:40 PM)
That's a huge screen upgrade from the Max laugh.gif Why not the mini btw? Although at the price we got it for, the argument is kinda moot laugh.gif

I checked my warranty...it started from the date of purchase. I didn't have to do any activating on my end. I remember reading sometime ago, online retailers can remotely activate it without opening it up? I think it's to prevent scalpers from buying and reselling.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Back in the day of iPods (I'm talking click wheel era), I got hold of a unit that still had a warranty, despite it being several years on the shelf.

Things might have changed though?

--------

Any artist here using the pencil extensively? Wanna know what you guys use for screen protection. Reading around, it seems the paperlike SP distorts the image clarity etc. I'm still using mine naked atm, just inside my old (overly large) sleeve. Kinda like the hot gf wearing your oversized hoodie the morning after. LOL.
Well, 256GB at RM 1899 is tempting although I would prefer the A12 processor but the 120 Hz screen and quad speaker is hard to pass by, so given the price, 2017 iPad Pro it is!
user posted image

Sigh, my screen protector is delayed again. For some reason this Pos Laju is sending my item from Melaka to KLIA back to Melaka 🤦🏻‍♂️

First impression on the case, it’s extremely despite the bulky size. It feels really solid too, well built.
celciuz
post Oct 16 2019, 10:56 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 15 2019, 11:27 PM)
The last iPad I used was the second gen...so I don’t really have a point of reference. I think everything about the pro is awesome. The screen is really nice. It’s so thin despite the tech packed in it. Honestly don’t know how much better it’ll perform with a faster processor. Works fine enough for my usage. I don’t feel as though anything is...slow? Really appreciate the 4 gigs of ram. I can use SketchBook, have about twenty pages open in Safari, photo app open for comparison whilst running SketchBook and listen to music in the background. Nothing lags so far. None of my tabs in safari had to be reloaded. Loving this thing. I’m guessing it’s all due to iPad OS?

What screen protector did you get btw?
I've used the iPad 2 (probably the same one as you) then the iPad Air first generation until now the iPad Pro 10.5". Coming from A12 Xs Max... I sure hope it won't disappoint me with the A10X.

I was considering the iPad Air 10.5" with the A13 64GB at RM2199, but this came at RM1899, instant grab LOL! Mainly for the ProMotion 120 Hz screen, I love high refresh rate... ever since using 144 Hz monitor at home.

Screen protector, its a cheapo tempered glass. Surveying for a good one... Didn't quite like Hoda, the edges are not smooth like what I would like. And RhinoShield didn't make TG for 10.5". Maybe only imos perhaps. **I'm not into drawing... but would love to grab a apple pencil maybe I would like it tongue.gif**
celciuz
post Oct 17 2019, 12:30 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

So I just started using it and first I noticed when I open YouTube link from Safari, it loads up YouTube app and will freeze while the sound plays on... weird.
celciuz
post Oct 17 2019, 10:04 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

Been a year since I last used Touch ID... but somehow the Touch ID on my iPad Pro seems intermittent... when it works, its really fast and sometimes it just doesn't respond at all... o_O
celciuz
post Oct 20 2019, 03:48 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

Any 2017 iPad Pro owners here with third party keyboard? I have issue with the Logitech... not sure if keyboard is faulty or its designed that way uhh.

Logitech Slim Combo keyboard does not work (backlight is turned on, and on screen keyboard does not appear but does not input when you type) when iPad Pro 10.5" is woke up by opening the lid (usually happens after 5 minutes of standby with the lid closed). Keyboard will only work again if a. iPad is restarted, b. Logitech keyboard is reattached. If the iPad goes into sleep mode without the lid closed, then keyboard will work fine.

I contacted Apple, did the reset all settings and the restore firmware but problem is still there. Apple directed me to MacCity for further testing, tried with the Apple Smart Keyboard no issue. But I noticed the Smart Keyboard only activate when connecting to the magnet, while the Logitech is connected at all times.

I searched online, doesn't seem like people are commenting about this. Is this a product design flaw or my unit is faulty? sad.gif
celciuz
post Oct 29 2019, 10:07 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(whoopa @ Oct 29 2019, 08:13 PM)
what charger you guys using for fast charging with your ipad
I’m using Anker PowerPort Atom PD 1, charges at 30W (15v x 2A).
celciuz
post Oct 30 2019, 06:50 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(starship1 @ Oct 30 2019, 05:47 PM)
Whats the charging time to full ?
Maybe 2.5 hrs can do
I haven’t charged it to max before... usually about 90% I stop it. Since the battery lasts pretty long anyways.
celciuz
post Oct 30 2019, 08:52 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(starship1 @ Oct 30 2019, 08:47 PM)
Oh ok. Such a careful user.
Each user have their own preference and habit on usage and charging too . I heard its about 2.5hrs to full for a 30watt USB-C PD charger.

Did crossed my mind to purchase a U-Green 18watt PD charger but not much difference with the stock 12watt which Apple also called a fast charger.
A lot of guard band on the iPad anyways, gigantic battery.

But yes, I have a type-c USB charger indicator... it does full speed 30W until about 70% if not mistaken. I didn't compare 12W vs. PD though, but on iPhone using 12W charges max at 10W or so... and it ramps down much faster at above 80% vs. the 18W on PD.
celciuz
post Nov 7 2019, 01:09 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

Any one using it with the Logitech Slim Combo? Would like to check if you face issue of the keyboard not responding after closing the lid to lock the screen.
celciuz
post Mar 1 2020, 09:26 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(Irfan2397 @ Feb 29 2020, 01:16 AM)
Between ipad pro 10.5 vs air 10.5 which is a better buy ?
I bought Pro 10.5", mainly due to the 4x speakers (since its for my daughter to watch her YouTube videos haha). But the speakers... aren't even as loud as my iPhone Xs Max sweat.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.83    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th November 2020 - 09:18 PM