views

Mavik
post Nov 12 2015, 08:48 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 11 2015, 08:40 PM)
ya i think for 90% of users, a proper laptop or surface pro 4 is a better value.

thanksfully mine will be charged under company and will speed up my day to day illustration works a lot. I have tried ALL kinda of stylus for iPad (Wacom,Adonit etc) and those klunky stylus hacks and latency has been killing my productivity for years. The reason I m not a fan of surface is the softwares, not optimized and plenty of frictions. The previous Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" which I bought was the worst.

For some, it can be the only machine.
A good surface pro 4 (Core i7 chip) costs up to RM7k so I doubt that value seems to come into the minds of people looking for it.
Mavik
post Nov 12 2015, 03:32 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 12 2015, 11:12 AM)
For me I dont need a device that does everything, i just need one that does few things very very good. in my case illustrations, even with cintiq i still need to go through all the sludge of booting computer, launching adobe slow bloated craps before starting to actually work...kills all momentum.

With iPad Pro, its like picking up a paper and start drawing #bliss

Even Jony Ive team are moving away from traditional paper. No more silly scanning after drawing and all those nonsense. No wonder launch only, pencil backlogged to 4-5weeks now in order, all artists and designers have been waiting for this for 5 years. Thankfully my order is within a week time in the first batch.
I wonder why you are explaining this to me....
Mavik
post Nov 12 2015, 09:01 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 12 2015, 04:14 PM)
I explained that because they are a lot people evaluating the value between a surface pro 4 and ipad pro. and if you are looking at numbers of things these devices can do for most ppl, surface pro 4 is a better value for a similar priced configuration.
LOL I think you tagged the wrong guy as I wasn't evaluating any of these devices. Both don't suit my needs at all.
Mavik
post Jan 29 2016, 02:32 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

Just bought an iPad Pro after selling off my iPad Air smile.gif

The screen is huge! Loving it!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Mavik: Jan 29 2016, 06:03 PM
Mavik
post Feb 10 2016, 04:51 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(EnegueWeil @ Feb 10 2016, 02:36 PM)
hi all new to here. just bought mine from MacStudio One Utama 32gb version. running great.

tip: not sure if it effects others, but the white version of the ipad pro seems to detect my fingerprints easier than the black face type. my fingers are usually naturally oily even just after a wash with soap. so...white is defi the better option for me.

for screen protectors, at lowyat can't remember the floor, at the corner end of the mobile shops, there's a wholesaler selling accessories for all handphones, got my screen protector for iPad Pro at RM35 and installed the glass my self. 0.30mm type and no issues with sensitivity. 

hearthstone doesn't have that occasional lag when compared to my previous ipad air. so i'm happy about it. doh.gif
Which fingerprint sensor are you comparing against? The iPad Air 2 or the iPhone 5s or 6?
Mavik
post Feb 14 2016, 12:47 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(EnegueWeil @ Feb 13 2016, 11:36 AM)
ah comparing my younger sisters black ipad pro vs my white face ipad pro mate. even the same with the iphone 6+...might be me but on the white faces, out of 10, i get 8 hits no probs. on the black face on the other hand, usually is 3-4 hits only...sad..
Wow that is an interesting find indeed! Maybe should test it out at the mac store haha
Mavik
post Feb 24 2016, 05:56 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(bem69 @ Feb 24 2016, 08:52 AM)
I saw UAG in Machines and Connect. You could msg their FB page to know which outlets have it.
Whats the rough price range of the UAG sold here for the iPad Pro? I am currently using the Apple cover for my ipad pro.
Mavik
post Feb 25 2016, 09:48 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(greychocobo @ Feb 25 2016, 08:37 AM)
No it doesn't . You can either pair it with the apple smart keyboard or just a glass screen protector. If you're too lazy. A sleeve will do rclxms.gif
Looks nice but I am quite concerned about the no front cover. Perhaps I am just paranoid and I also don't like to use a glass screen protector on it.

Damn, KLCC is out of stock? Perhaps I need to lurk around there more often to find out about their stock availability of purchase it overseas.
Mavik
post Mar 1 2016, 01:49 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(greychocobo @ Feb 27 2016, 10:23 AM)
Side note' did anyone purchased tempered glass for their iPad pro? The cheap ones lol. Not the ones avail in stores
Didn't bother with one at the moment. Currently running it quite bare. If I get the UAG case then I would go for the tempered glass protector.
Mavik
post Mar 2 2016, 10:15 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(greychocobo @ Mar 2 2016, 09:20 PM)
Very quick delivery too. Ordered Monday got it wednesday . For its price. Can't fault it  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
Thanks for sharing bro! Just purchased one as well! Didn't have the Mastercard but still paid only RM32+ for a screen protector. Damn cheap compared to retail!
Mavik
post Mar 8 2016, 03:25 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

Finally bought the UAG from Machines KLCC.

What I was pleasantly surprised is that it works with the Apple iPad Pro Cover!! Totally awesome
Mavik
post Mar 8 2016, 04:08 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Mar 8 2016, 03:50 PM)
how much you bought? is it too heavy with the case on it?
Full retail price of RM339. Yes, it does feel quite heavy now. I might not use the case all the time but now whenever I bring it out, I feel quite secure with it.
Mavik
post Mar 10 2016, 10:32 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(greychocobo @ Mar 5 2016, 10:22 PM)
Btw anyone using cellular iPad? I'm looking for a mobile carrier with good speeds and not that pricy lol. Anyone can recommend which plan & price of plan?
I have been using Maxis for years, they do give the least amounts of data per month for the price but I have been very very happy with their coverage and speeds so far.

Wanted to use uMobile and Digi but after comparing it with my sibling's data speed and coverage in the places that we go, I have to stick with Maxis.

I am considering Celcom as my colleague's speed has been rather impressive.
Mavik
post Mar 22 2016, 11:47 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(jasmin3 @ Mar 22 2016, 09:01 AM)
Gonna get 1 unit ipad pro 9.7 if it coming to Malaysia
Congrats!

Now I am torn, I always wanted the Pro features on the 9.7" iPad and now it is here. Right after I purchased the larger pro, now I have gotten used to the damn large screen hahaha.
Mavik
post Mar 22 2016, 04:06 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(Lynixx @ Mar 22 2016, 12:08 PM)
i have sold mine once i heard the rumours of 9.7" ipad pro.

the current ipad pro is wayyyy too big and it's not convenient and tired when holding it to watch movie.
I actually love the 12.9" size for watching movies and also reading my Manga and books. The screen is just amazing. But you are right, it gets a little inconvenient especially when carrying it around.

QUOTE(bem69 @ Mar 22 2016, 01:18 PM)
Haha I'm with you Mavik, always wanted Apple Pencil to work with a regular sized iPad. Now, I'm used to it, though I miss the portability.
Yeah I find myself carrying it less and less around due to it's size and weight. Still after getting a more sturdy case, it got even heavier bangwall.gif
Mavik
post Mar 31 2016, 07:16 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(aruja_69 @ Mar 29 2016, 12:59 PM)
Can anyone tell how is the battery for IPad Pro can lasts. I watch a movie from YouTube with full brightness from 86% drop to 42%. Is that really bad....even my IPad Mine 2 can last better.
Mine lasts for 8 hours of watching YouTube, reading Manga, playing Hearthstone, emails, surfing the web, slack, wunderlist, spotify turned on
Mavik
post Apr 1 2016, 04:06 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(winkiedilwy @ Apr 1 2016, 09:32 AM)
The true tone display is so good.

Jumping from ipad mini 2 to this is like night and day.
user posted image
Congrats on your purchase! I am pissed that the smaller 9.7" iPad Pro has true tone while the monster version which I have doesn't have bangwall.gif
Mavik
post Apr 6 2016, 12:04 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(Cimo @ Apr 6 2016, 11:48 AM)
iPad Pro 9.7" is now available on Apple Malaysia website!! Delivery date range from 1-3 days!
RM3,999 for a gold 9.7" Pro, 128Gb, Wifi + Cellular

Hrmmmm....quite tempting but it would be tough to switch from the 13" screen size to the smaller 9.7" size.
Mavik
post May 31 2016, 11:29 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

Anyone who is still searching for the UAG Case for the iPad Pro 12.9", I have one for sale here in my sales link below. Bought it from Machines but was a little too itchy and bought way too many cases. Just clearing some stuff I have lying around at home.

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3962156

Mavik
post Jun 26 2016, 05:12 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,230 posts

QUOTE(shahrul09 @ Jun 25 2016, 10:04 PM)
What about the wifi and lte?
What LTE advantage if i buy this set
Newer generation LTE modem, allows for faster download speeds when using 4G with Maxis, Celcom, etc..etc..

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0674sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 02:28 AM