Can't get over sticker shock. Sorry...

attw
post Nov 14 2015, 05:18 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
28,927 posts

Attached Image

@ Mac City 1 Utama

Unfortunately no accessories available as of yet.
Liem An Du
post Nov 14 2015, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Nov 13 2015, 07:58 PM)
MacStudio BBPark.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Size comparison with the Surface Book. I cannot in good conscience consider getting it without trying it together with the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard. Apple Pencil coming next week, Smart Keyboard no estimate dates.
Looks good.
May I know what do you think about it?
I mean compared with the surface.
Both is very very irresistible.
sweat.gif
stringfellow
post Nov 14 2015, 10:36 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(Liem An Du @ Nov 14 2015, 10:19 PM)
Looks good.
May I know what do you think about it?
I mean compared with the surface.
Both is very very irresistible.
sweat.gif
Inconcolusive. The only reason for me that the iPad Pro exist is to replace a laptop, and the Smart Keyboard is not here to allow me to judge that. Apple Pencil for drawing only if I'm bored, not much of an artist. Until the Smart Keyboard arrives and I've ample chance to try it out based on what I can do on my 2015 Macbook that it is going to replace, I'm not buying it.

Compared to the Surface Book, it is severely inadequate. The Surface Book is a full fledged laptop in tablet form. The iPad Pro is a tablet trying to be a laptop. Full desktop OS versus mobile OS. Surface Book is far more versatile and useful. But then again, the Surface Book is far more expensive than an iPad Pro, so that may be a further consideration.

This post has been edited by stringfellow: Nov 14 2015, 10:39 PM
MacDaNife
post Nov 14 2015, 11:11 PM

Adrenalina Italiana
1,698 posts

I need my Surface Pro (3 not 4) to run Windows-based software which is used in the information systems at work. There are no MaOSc or iOS equivalents. My Surface running Win8 was fine. I dropped it however and required a replacement and the one that Microsoft sent back to me came with Win10. This keeps bluescreening. I've disable Cortana and while the frequency of Bluescreens have decreased it still happens. No added software other than MS Office. Seriously Microsoft - you need to get your act together.

The iPad Pro (128Gb Wifi/LTE however has been a sheer joy to use. String is right. It needs a keyboard to be a laptop but even without - the fact that it doesn't bluescreen while I'm trying to get work done is a HUGE plus.

Yes. I overcame sticker shock. And am glad I did.

Liem An Du
post Nov 14 2015, 11:22 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Nov 14 2015, 10:36 PM)
Inconcolusive. The only reason for me that the iPad Pro exist is to replace a laptop, and the Smart Keyboard is not here to allow me to judge that. Apple Pencil for drawing only if I'm bored, not much of an artist. Until the Smart Keyboard arrives and I've ample chance to try it out based on what I can do on my 2015 Macbook that it is going to replace, I'm not buying it.

Compared to the Surface Book, it is severely inadequate. The Surface Book is a full fledged laptop in tablet form. The iPad Pro is a tablet trying to be a laptop. Full desktop OS versus mobile OS. Surface Book is far more versatile and useful. But then again, the Surface Book is far more expensive than an iPad Pro, so that may be a further consideration.
Thanks for your explanation.
thumbup.gif
I'm not sure which one to get.
rclxub.gif
Liem An Du
post Nov 14 2015, 11:25 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(MacDaNife @ Nov 14 2015, 11:11 PM)
I need my Surface Pro (3 not 4) to run Windows-based software which is used in the information systems at work. There are no MaOSc or iOS equivalents. My Surface running Win8 was fine. I dropped it however and required a replacement and the one that Microsoft sent back to me came with Win10. This keeps bluescreening. I've disable Cortana and while the frequency of Bluescreens have decreased it still happens. No added software other than MS Office. Seriously Microsoft - you need to get your act together.

The iPad Pro (128Gb Wifi/LTE however has been a sheer joy to use. String is right. It needs a keyboard to be a laptop but even without - the fact that it doesn't bluescreen while I'm trying to get work done is a HUGE plus.
Thanks bro.
Sounds really convincing.
drool.gif
stringfellow
post Nov 14 2015, 11:34 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(MacDaNife @ Nov 14 2015, 11:11 PM)

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Text spoilered as it has nothing to do with the iPad Pro discussion. Read at your own discretion.
MacDaNife
post Nov 14 2015, 11:40 PM

Adrenalina Italiana
1,698 posts

Thanks bro. Will try this. Too much aggravation though.

This post has been edited by MacDaNife: Nov 15 2015, 12:37 AM
Hertz96
post Nov 15 2015, 05:56 PM

• When in doubt, flatout •
1,166 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 14 2015, 05:18 PM)
Attached Image
@ Mac City 1 Utama

Unfortunately no accessories available as of yet.
Bro, did you ask about stock availability?

Heading to 1Utama now to check it out. Hopefully 32GB Space Grey is available.
attw
post Nov 15 2015, 05:59 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
28,927 posts

QUOTE(Hertz96 @ Nov 15 2015, 05:56 PM)
Bro, did you ask about stock availability?

Heading to 1Utama now to check it out. Hopefully 32GB Space Grey is available.
I didn't ask but I overheard the sales assistant telling another client that while stock of the iPad Pro is available, no accessories were available, including the keyboard and pencil.
Hertz96
post Nov 15 2015, 06:11 PM

1,166 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 15 2015, 05:59 PM)
I didn't ask but I overheard the sales assistant telling another client that while stock of the iPad Pro is available, no accessories were available, including the keyboard and pencil.
Hmmm. I don't plan on getting the pencil.

But I'm still contemplating on whether to get the Keyboard.

Screen protector is a must.

Heading to 1U now. Will see. Haha!
stringfellow
post Nov 15 2015, 08:58 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

Flying to Amsterdam tonight. Plan is to head to Apple Store Amsterdam to properly test drive the Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil.

They won't be available though, marked as only available in 4-5 weeks time. Apple really dropped the ball this time. I dare say that majority of the folks getting the iPad Pro will either be working in the capacity of creative creation using the Apple Pencil or planning to be productive while using the Smart Keyboard. Selling it only as a huge iPad is more of a half-fulfilled promise. SMH.
MacDaNife
post Nov 15 2015, 10:41 PM

Adrenalina Italiana
1,698 posts

If by some miracle the Pencil is available you know what to do...

attw
post Nov 16 2015, 10:05 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
28,927 posts

QUOTE(Hertz96 @ Nov 15 2015, 06:11 PM)
Hmmm. I don't plan on getting the pencil.

But I'm still contemplating on whether to get the Keyboard.

Screen protector is a must.

Heading to 1U now. Will see. Haha!
How did it go bro? Did you get it?
Hertz96
post Nov 16 2015, 11:53 AM

1,166 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 16 2015, 10:05 AM)
How did it go bro? Did you get it?
Haven't got it bro.

Didn't make it to 1U yesterday. Was caught up elsewhere.
JollyRogers
post Nov 16 2015, 11:20 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

Was at 1U to test the Pro

1) u really need to get a good screen protector - the display set was .... nicely painted with finger prints ie OIL !
2) the thing is huge ! Like a serving tray in an air plane ! :-)
3) its thin also ......beware if u like to read and put your reading material on your seat when u go do something ....to keep the seat warm . Forget that its there and u sit on it even slightly/off center........very high chance og #bendGate
4)after all that , trying to help Apple justify its product , then got the sticker shock !
Enough to make a down payment for a condo or car

iPad Air 2 next to it really makes the Air 2 look like an iPad Mini !

This post has been edited by JollyRogers: Nov 16 2015, 11:21 PM
Liem An Du
post Nov 16 2015, 11:36 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(JollyRogers @ Nov 16 2015, 11:20 PM)
Was at 1U to test the Pro

1) u really need to get a good screen protector - the display set was .... nicely painted with finger prints ie OIL !
2) the thing is huge ! Like a serving tray in an air plane ! :-)
3) its thin also ......beware if u like to read and put your reading material on your seat when u go do something ....to keep the seat warm . Forget that its there and u sit on it even slightly/off center........very high chance og #bendGate
4)after all that , trying to help Apple justify its product , then got the sticker shock !
Enough to make a down payment for a condo or car

iPad Air 2 next to it really makes the Air 2 look like an iPad Mini !
True enough, but iPad Pro screen is just amazing bro.
It is irresistible.
drool.gif
Susuwatari
post Nov 16 2015, 11:47 PM

Regular
1,026 posts

Seems space grey 128gb cellular is out of stock everywhere.
chamelion
post Nov 16 2015, 11:49 PM

Back to Bricking
2,597 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 13 2015, 07:56 AM)
Maybe its only suitable for kids smile.gif
Its a Apple base tech site. What review u expect? wink.gif

78 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0220sec    0.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th October 2020 - 12:38 AM