Getting Started
251 posts

bought. deliver next Tuesday, the pencil another extra 5-7 day
G-17
post Nov 11 2015, 07:06 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,567 posts

QUOTE(Reventon @ Nov 11 2015, 05:57 PM)
I think their target customer will be those professional. Price also a bit higher side.
Still waiting for truly professional aps though. All the current Adobe iOS apps, for example, you still need to export your work to the OS X or Windows versions to finish up and print/publish.

sunyen
post Nov 11 2015, 07:32 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Nov 11 2015, 07:06 PM)
Still waiting for truly professional aps though. All the current Adobe iOS apps, for example, you still need to export your work to the OS X or Windows versions to finish up and print/publish.
Procreate 3 is all the app i need wink.gif
G-17
post Nov 11 2015, 08:14 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,567 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 11 2015, 07:32 PM)
Procreate 3 is all the app i need wink.gif
Good for you. Unfortunately I need a lot more than that to put food on the table.

sunyen
post Nov 11 2015, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Nov 11 2015, 08:14 PM)
Good for you. Unfortunately I need a lot more than that to put food on the table.
ya i think for 90% of users, a proper laptop or surface pro 4 is a better value.

thanksfully mine will be charged under company and will speed up my day to day illustration works a lot. I have tried ALL kinda of stylus for iPad (Wacom,Adonit etc) and those klunky stylus hacks and latency has been killing my productivity for years. The reason I m not a fan of surface is the softwares, not optimized and plenty of frictions. The previous Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" which I bought was the worst.

For some, it can be the only machine.

This post has been edited by sunyen: Nov 11 2015, 09:07 PM
Mavik
post Nov 12 2015, 08:48 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,222 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 11 2015, 08:40 PM)
ya i think for 90% of users, a proper laptop or surface pro 4 is a better value.

thanksfully mine will be charged under company and will speed up my day to day illustration works a lot. I have tried ALL kinda of stylus for iPad (Wacom,Adonit etc) and those klunky stylus hacks and latency has been killing my productivity for years. The reason I m not a fan of surface is the softwares, not optimized and plenty of frictions. The previous Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" which I bought was the worst.

For some, it can be the only machine.
A good surface pro 4 (Core i7 chip) costs up to RM7k so I doubt that value seems to come into the minds of people looking for it.
sunyen
post Nov 12 2015, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Nov 12 2015, 08:48 AM)
A good surface pro 4 (Core i7 chip) costs up to RM7k so I doubt that value seems to come into the minds of people looking for it.
For me I dont need a device that does everything, i just need one that does few things very very good. in my case illustrations, even with cintiq i still need to go through all the sludge of booting computer, launching adobe slow bloated craps before starting to actually work...kills all momentum.

With iPad Pro, its like picking up a paper and start drawing #bliss

Even Jony Ive team are moving away from traditional paper. No more silly scanning after drawing and all those nonsense. No wonder launch only, pencil backlogged to 4-5weeks now in order, all artists and designers have been waiting for this for 5 years. Thankfully my order is within a week time in the first batch.

This post has been edited by sunyen: Nov 12 2015, 11:15 AM
Mavik
post Nov 12 2015, 03:32 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,222 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 12 2015, 11:12 AM)
For me I dont need a device that does everything, i just need one that does few things very very good. in my case illustrations, even with cintiq i still need to go through all the sludge of booting computer, launching adobe slow bloated craps before starting to actually work...kills all momentum.

With iPad Pro, its like picking up a paper and start drawing #bliss

Even Jony Ive team are moving away from traditional paper. No more silly scanning after drawing and all those nonsense. No wonder launch only, pencil backlogged to 4-5weeks now in order, all artists and designers have been waiting for this for 5 years. Thankfully my order is within a week time in the first batch.
I wonder why you are explaining this to me....
sunyen
post Nov 12 2015, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Nov 12 2015, 03:32 PM)
I wonder why you are explaining this to me....
I explained that because they are a lot people evaluating the value between a surface pro 4 and ipad pro. and if you are looking at numbers of things these devices can do for most ppl, surface pro 4 is a better value for a similar priced configuration.
attw
post Nov 12 2015, 08:54 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
27,910 posts

Here's what inside

http://www.gsmarena.com/ifixit_tear_down_t...-news-14965.php
Mavik
post Nov 12 2015, 09:01 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
6,222 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 12 2015, 04:14 PM)
I explained that because they are a lot people evaluating the value between a surface pro 4 and ipad pro. and if you are looking at numbers of things these devices can do for most ppl, surface pro 4 is a better value for a similar priced configuration.
LOL I think you tagged the wrong guy as I wasn't evaluating any of these devices. Both don't suit my needs at all.
stringfellow
post Nov 12 2015, 09:02 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

iPad Pro arriving tomorrow at local Apple Premium Resellers. No Apple Pencil or Keyboard cover though. sad.gif
killerloop81
post Nov 12 2015, 09:16 PM

SpLiTfIrE
1,419 posts

buy 1set completely cost rm7k? really expensive
jingyong
post Nov 12 2015, 11:28 PM

Casual
472 posts

really wanna try n hold & feel it.. wonder whether it will be too big for handling
G-17
post Nov 12 2015, 11:29 PM

Securely Paranoid
1,567 posts

Been reading a lot about the iPad Pro these last 48 hours. For now, I'll pass.

Part of my job requires illustrations as well, but right now, I don't have an iOS version of Corel Painter or equivalent. Same for Adobe Illustrator - their iOS sketching apps are good for rough prototyping and initial stages, but you still need to export to the desktop via Adobe CC to finish the job and have it ready for printing/publishing. That's where the iPad Pro truly fails at Pro, imho. No true desktop replacement applications that allow me to start and (more importantly) finish a job that I can send to the print lab or magazine editor straight away. No (afaik) iOS solution for color management and screen calibration. No proper drivers for large format Epson, HP, Lambda, etc giclee printers.

To add to that, iOS multitasking still has a long ways to go before it can even be deemed workable. Heck, even now we still get that bloody Tips icon in the pane. Who the hell even uses Tips after their first day on iOS?!

So yeah, TL;DR - it might be great for some people with very specific needs, but for a lot of people in advertising, design, photography, etc - it's barely useable. Not that a Surface Pro is that much better, but at least you can install full Photoshop or Corel Painter on a Surface Pro. Until Apple get software houses to release full desktop class suites that allow me to do everything in the iPad Pro and ditch OS X, it'll just be a bigger iPad. The most it can do is work as a graphic tablet with Astropad, but in that department my Wacom + Airbrush pens would completely obliterate it for photo retouching work.

I really hope that changes in the coming months, because I've grown sick of OS X. But as of right now, I can't justify company money on it.

This post has been edited by G-17: Nov 12 2015, 11:31 PM
sunyen
post Nov 13 2015, 07:56 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(G-17 @ Nov 12 2015, 11:29 PM)

So yeah, TL;DR - it might be great for some people with very specific needs, but for a lot of people in advertising, design, photography, etc - it's barely useable. Not that a Surface Pro is that much better, but at least you can install full Photoshop or Corel Painter on a Surface Pro. Until Apple get software houses to release full desktop class suites that allow me to do everything in the iPad Pro and ditch OS X, it'll just be a bigger iPad. The most it can do is work as a graphic tablet with Astropad, but in that department my Wacom + Airbrush pens would completely obliterate it for photo retouching work.

I really hope that changes in the coming months, because I've grown sick of OS X. But as of right now, I can't justify company money on it.
Maybe its only suitable for kids smile.gif

This post has been edited by sunyen: Nov 13 2015, 07:57 AM
guilt79
post Nov 13 2015, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Nov 12 2015, 09:02 PM)
iPad Pro arriving tomorrow at local Apple Premium Resellers. No Apple Pencil or Keyboard cover though. sad.gif
Bro. Can tell me which store had it? Checking around and most of them say next month
stringfellow
post Nov 13 2015, 07:58 PM

Ultrawide | 4K | VR
11,305 posts

QUOTE(guilt79 @ Nov 13 2015, 12:42 PM)
Bro. Can tell me which store had it? Checking around and most of them say next month
MacStudio BBPark.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Size comparison with the Surface Book. I cannot in good conscience consider getting it without trying it together with the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard. Apple Pencil coming next week, Smart Keyboard no estimate dates.
guilt79
post Nov 13 2015, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
146 posts

QUOTE(stringfellow @ Nov 13 2015, 07:58 PM)
MacStudio BBPark.
Thanks bro. I'm ever frustrated today. Called almost all the Epicentre and Machines in KL.. All give me stupid answers..

I'm going there to get one.

78 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th September 2020 - 01:46 AM