Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Official iPad Pro discussion thread v1

views

marquis
post Oct 15 2019, 05:40 PM

Flower Power!
2,449 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 15 2019, 03:20 PM)
Well, I bought the iPad Pro mainly as a bigger screen than iPhone Xs/Xs Max for my daughter's meal time LOL. Let me compare to my big rMBP 15 haha, its a late 2013.

Wait... these devices should not be pre-activated? Else the warranty period would be affected no?
That's a huge screen upgrade from the Max laugh.gif Why not the mini btw? Although at the price we got it for, the argument is kinda moot laugh.gif

I checked my warranty...it started from the date of purchase. I didn't have to do any activating on my end. I remember reading sometime ago, online retailers can remotely activate it without opening it up? I think it's to prevent scalpers from buying and reselling.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Back in the day of iPods (I'm talking click wheel era), I got hold of a unit that still had a warranty, despite it being several years on the shelf.

Things might have changed though?

--------

Any artist here using the pencil extensively? Wanna know what you guys use for screen protection. Reading around, it seems the paperlike SP distorts the image clarity etc. I'm still using mine naked atm, just inside my old (overly large) sleeve. Kinda like the hot gf wearing your oversized hoodie the morning after. LOL.

celciuz
post Oct 15 2019, 10:20 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 15 2019, 05:40 PM)
That's a huge screen upgrade from the Max laugh.gif Why not the mini btw? Although at the price we got it for, the argument is kinda moot laugh.gif

I checked my warranty...it started from the date of purchase. I didn't have to do any activating on my end. I remember reading sometime ago, online retailers can remotely activate it without opening it up? I think it's to prevent scalpers from buying and reselling.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Back in the day of iPods (I'm talking click wheel era), I got hold of a unit that still had a warranty, despite it being several years on the shelf.

Things might have changed though?

--------

Any artist here using the pencil extensively? Wanna know what you guys use for screen protection. Reading around, it seems the paperlike SP distorts the image clarity etc. I'm still using mine naked atm, just inside my old (overly large) sleeve. Kinda like the hot gf wearing your oversized hoodie the morning after. LOL.
Well, 256GB at RM 1899 is tempting although I would prefer the A12 processor but the 120 Hz screen and quad speaker is hard to pass by, so given the price, 2017 iPad Pro it is!
user posted image

Sigh, my screen protector is delayed again. For some reason this Pos Laju is sending my item from Melaka to KLIA back to Melaka 🤦🏻‍♂️

First impression on the case, it’s extremely despite the bulky size. It feels really solid too, well built.
marquis
post Oct 15 2019, 11:27 PM

Flower Power!
2,449 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 15 2019, 10:20 PM)
Well, 256GB at RM 1899 is tempting although I would prefer the A12 processor but the 120 Hz screen and quad speaker is hard to pass by, so given the price, 2017 iPad Pro it is!
user posted image

Sigh, my screen protector is delayed again. For some reason this Pos Laju is sending my item from Melaka to KLIA back to Melaka 🤦🏻‍♂️

First impression on the case, it’s extremely despite the bulky size. It feels really solid too, well built.
The last iPad I used was the second gen...so I don’t really have a point of reference. I think everything about the pro is awesome. The screen is really nice. It’s so thin despite the tech packed in it. Honestly don’t know how much better it’ll perform with a faster processor. Works fine enough for my usage. I don’t feel as though anything is...slow? Really appreciate the 4 gigs of ram. I can use SketchBook, have about twenty pages open in Safari, photo app open for comparison whilst running SketchBook and listen to music in the background. Nothing lags so far. None of my tabs in safari had to be reloaded. Loving this thing. I’m guessing it’s all due to iPad OS?

What screen protector did you get btw?
d3v073d_50uL
post Oct 16 2019, 09:18 AM

Regular
1,113 posts

What's the time ratio you guys use the ipad on table vs handheld..?
I mean, the design is slim & light enough for handheld.. but the size tho...

celciuz
post Oct 16 2019, 10:56 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 15 2019, 11:27 PM)
The last iPad I used was the second gen...so I don’t really have a point of reference. I think everything about the pro is awesome. The screen is really nice. It’s so thin despite the tech packed in it. Honestly don’t know how much better it’ll perform with a faster processor. Works fine enough for my usage. I don’t feel as though anything is...slow? Really appreciate the 4 gigs of ram. I can use SketchBook, have about twenty pages open in Safari, photo app open for comparison whilst running SketchBook and listen to music in the background. Nothing lags so far. None of my tabs in safari had to be reloaded. Loving this thing. I’m guessing it’s all due to iPad OS?

What screen protector did you get btw?
I've used the iPad 2 (probably the same one as you) then the iPad Air first generation until now the iPad Pro 10.5". Coming from A12 Xs Max... I sure hope it won't disappoint me with the A10X.

I was considering the iPad Air 10.5" with the A13 64GB at RM2199, but this came at RM1899, instant grab LOL! Mainly for the ProMotion 120 Hz screen, I love high refresh rate... ever since using 144 Hz monitor at home.

Screen protector, its a cheapo tempered glass. Surveying for a good one... Didn't quite like Hoda, the edges are not smooth like what I would like. And RhinoShield didn't make TG for 10.5". Maybe only imos perhaps. **I'm not into drawing... but would love to grab a apple pencil maybe I would like it tongue.gif**
starship1
post Oct 16 2019, 02:14 PM

Regular
1,207 posts

The 10.5 pro as it is with A10x and 4gb ram and 120hz with ProMotion will be good for 5 years .Better than buying the iPhone or other premium Andriod phones .

Listening to music ,playing videos, surfing and viewing youtube or other video streaming or just flipping around the apps or even just looking at the screen is a joy already.

FILES management is still backward though.I cant even rename my music and video files name. Silly really
marquis
post Oct 16 2019, 02:23 PM

Flower Power!
2,449 posts

QUOTE(d3v073d_50uL @ Oct 16 2019, 09:18 AM)
What's the time ratio you guys use the ipad on table vs handheld..?
I mean, the design is slim & light enough for handheld.. but the size tho...
I haven't got my case yet so I often hit my ring against the back. It's mostly on a makeshift table when I use now. Or a stand on the table. Or on my lap.

It's actualy a tad bit too large to operate. Good thing for the floating keyboard in iPadOS. Otherwise it wouldn't be very useable. I remember my old iPad was quite a pain to use. Eventually sold it off because it didn't complement anything I did.

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 16 2019, 10:56 AM)
I've used the iPad 2 (probably the same one as you) then the iPad Air first generation until now the iPad Pro 10.5". Coming from A12 Xs Max... I sure hope it won't disappoint me with the A10X.

I was considering the iPad Air 10.5" with the A13 64GB at RM2199, but this came at RM1899, instant grab LOL! Mainly for the ProMotion 120 Hz screen, I love high refresh rate... ever since using 144 Hz monitor at home.

Screen protector, its a cheapo tempered glass. Surveying for a good one... Didn't quite like Hoda, the edges are not smooth like what I would like. And RhinoShield didn't make TG for 10.5". Maybe only imos perhaps. **I'm not into drawing... but would love to grab a apple pencil maybe I would like it tongue.gif**
Well...I'm not too demanding a user - don't have a complaint about the iPad vs my own XS Max. But hey, YMMV right? Hope you like it. For the price, you should! tongue.gif

I'm looking to this Japanese screen protector now. Some brand called Elecom. Saw someone selling it on Shopee...but no review etc. Not sure if legit. That seems to be the best compromise between screen clarity and a "paper-like" surface.

Totally forgot RhinoShield did SP as well. I think I'll be taking a look there every once in a while to see if they decide to start selling.

If you ever want to sketch properly, the Apple Pencil is definitely worth it. Comparing between the Pencil and Microsoft Pen...it blows the Pen out of the water. No competition at all. Can't say much about note writing though.
celciuz
post Oct 17 2019, 12:30 AM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

So I just started using it and first I noticed when I open YouTube link from Safari, it loads up YouTube app and will freeze while the sound plays on... weird.
kevyeoh
post Oct 17 2019, 06:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,979 posts

Omg! Actually i have not yet started using too... waiting for my screen protector... hehe

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 17 2019, 12:30 AM)
So I just started using it and first I noticed when I open YouTube link from Safari, it loads up YouTube app and will freeze while the sound plays on... weird.
ohman
post Oct 17 2019, 09:29 AM

Regular
1,141 posts

Hi,

Any cheap alternative pencil that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by ohman: Oct 17 2019, 09:30 AM
marquis
post Oct 17 2019, 02:46 PM

Flower Power!
2,449 posts

My case just arrived. And it is heavy.

What setup are you guys using? I thought of getting the cover and a sticker for the back but that leaves it with zero protection.

Why can't Rhinoshield make a bumper for the iPad laugh.gif

Anything that gives some form of bump protection but doesn't weight as much as the iPad itself?
chen9
post Oct 17 2019, 07:58 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(ohman @ Oct 17 2019, 09:29 AM)
Hi,

Any cheap alternative pencil that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Need the answer to this too !
sonyfanzz
post Oct 17 2019, 08:03 PM

On my way
678 posts

was looking for new ipad then found that there is cheap ipad pro 10.5.... is there any seller selling anymore?
celciuz
post Oct 17 2019, 10:04 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

Been a year since I last used Touch ID... but somehow the Touch ID on my iPad Pro seems intermittent... when it works, its really fast and sometimes it just doesn't respond at all... o_O
celciuz
post Oct 20 2019, 03:48 PM

CY Pixels
All Stars
12,330 posts

Any 2017 iPad Pro owners here with third party keyboard? I have issue with the Logitech... not sure if keyboard is faulty or its designed that way uhh.

Logitech Slim Combo keyboard does not work (backlight is turned on, and on screen keyboard does not appear but does not input when you type) when iPad Pro 10.5" is woke up by opening the lid (usually happens after 5 minutes of standby with the lid closed). Keyboard will only work again if a. iPad is restarted, b. Logitech keyboard is reattached. If the iPad goes into sleep mode without the lid closed, then keyboard will work fine.

I contacted Apple, did the reset all settings and the restore firmware but problem is still there. Apple directed me to MacCity for further testing, tried with the Apple Smart Keyboard no issue. But I noticed the Smart Keyboard only activate when connecting to the magnet, while the Logitech is connected at all times.

I searched online, doesn't seem like people are commenting about this. Is this a product design flaw or my unit is faulty? sad.gif
heyamazingpeople
post Oct 20 2019, 09:23 PM

Casual
308 posts

after update to iPadOS, i notice some bug when turning the ipad in portrait and landscape orientation... anyone else notice?

now the ipad keyboard can be re-size smaller.. but too bad the size is not fully customizable.. when pinch it, it become too small..
Or who has any advice what can be done?

d3v073d_50uL
post Oct 20 2019, 11:19 PM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Oct 20 2019, 09:23 PM)
after update to iPadOS, i notice some bug when turning the ipad in portrait and landscape orientation... anyone else notice?
Do you mean the orientation is locked at times even though when rotating the iPad?
Coz mine did that a few times... toggling the orientation lock seems to help a bit for my case...
heyamazingpeople
post Oct 20 2019, 11:47 PM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(d3v073d_50uL @ Oct 20 2019, 11:19 PM)
Do you mean the orientation is locked at times even though when rotating the iPad?
Coz mine did that a few times... toggling the orientation lock seems to help a bit for my case...
Something like this i guess..
user posted image
d3v073d_50uL
post Oct 21 2019, 12:09 AM

Regular
1,113 posts

QUOTE(heyamazingpeople @ Oct 20 2019, 11:47 PM)
Something like this i guess..
user posted image
Ooh.. not the same as mine...
your software is on 13.1.2 or 13.1.3?
heyamazingpeople
post Oct 21 2019, 12:25 AM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(d3v073d_50uL @ Oct 21 2019, 12:09 AM)
Ooh.. not the same as mine...
your software is on 13.1.2  or 13.1.3?

78 Pages « < 73 74 75 76 77 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th November 2020 - 09:06 PM