Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPad Pro discussion thread v1

views

d3v073d_50uL
post Oct 10 2019, 07:15 PM

Regular
1,354 posts

Impulse buying from lazada...Since I saw that 1.9k yesterday XD

After using for a while... not sure if gonna stick with the iPad Pro... quite large for me (Used to having 8.x" and 7.x" tablet..)
But for first timer iPad user... seems really nice....
celciuz
post Oct 10 2019, 08:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 10 2019, 05:30 PM)
I'm looking for a case myself too! And the Apple Pencil actually.

Do share here on what you get? Saw the Logitech Slim Combo...seems rather bulky though. I'm hoping with the iPad, I'll be sketching more, since it'll be so much easier to carry around vs a surface pro. Would also help since it'll be synced to my computer straight away.

Sorry. I digress. Speaking of SP, there's mixed discussion about the paperlike. Don't think I'm gonna go with a glass since it'll just add more gap between the stylus and the screen.

On a side note, damn this ninja is slow. They only have half an hour left to make that delivery.
EDIT: Brain is in such a disarray laugh.gif

I'm contemplating getting the smart keyboard + back case + pencil. But the smart keyboard is pricey. Not sure how much I need it. Hmm...

Maybe try the logitech K320? Or was it 420. I forgot laugh.gif
I went with the Logitech Slim Combo, pretty neat and when I’m not using it my little boss might be using and extra protection is good 🤣

I’ve been seeing these paper screen protector... I wonder is it worth over the glass?

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 10 2019, 05:34 PM)
The official Apple Store? They sold out quite early didn't they? I think quite a few people were peeved since the black went from 3k to 1.9k for today. Heh.

I think there's only one other store that have it back in stock.

I was initially in the market for the 7th Gen...but for the price, man this is a good deal.

Any source on where to get the pencil for non-rrp? I might just swing by switch this weekend to get it so I can jump straight in to sketching biggrin.gif
I bought from another Lazada store selling at 1899 for the space grey, paid extra RM 4.80 but I wanted the black borders on the screen. I was too in the market for either 7th or Air but this offer is hard to refuse.
iAlien
post Oct 11 2019, 12:08 AM

Interior Designer
1,043 posts

Tested usb type c pendrive on ipados

Tested autocad with mouse on ipados

This post has been edited by iAlien: Oct 11 2019, 12:09 AM
marquis
post Oct 11 2019, 09:33 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(whoopa @ Oct 10 2019, 05:36 PM)
yea i got the grey one
quite early i saw the thread in kopitiam
didnt think and just buy... haha. it was 3499 then 1999 and then 1899 ...
I thought I was gonna lose out on the iPad actually. Coz was procrastinating for too long, and missed out on all the good colour. Was thinking thrice if I wanted Gold or Rose Gold. Checked before going to sleep, see the Space Grey dropped price. I saw it as divine intervention laugh.gif

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 10 2019, 08:27 PM)
I went with the Logitech Slim Combo, pretty neat and when I’m not using it my little boss might be using and extra protection is good 🤣

I’ve been seeing these paper screen protector... I wonder is it worth over the glass?
I bought from another Lazada store selling at 1899 for the space grey, paid extra RM 4.80 but I wanted the black borders on the screen. I was too in the market for either 7th or Air but this offer is hard to refuse.
Man, that's the second time someone has got that case. I really like it myself actually, but can't stomach how bulky (and cumbersome) it'll make the iPad. Main purpose in getting an iPad is synergy between devices...and hoping it'll be less cumbersome than the surface pro.

I think I'll hold out on getting it...for now.

Good catch on your purchase btw. They were the first ones to drop the price actually. Then ran out of stock, then had some stock, to eventually totally run out. Lol. Was a roller coaster ride for my colleague who was deciding if she should buy for her parents laugh.gif

QUOTE(iAlien @ Oct 11 2019, 12:08 AM)
Tested usb type c pendrive on ipados

Tested autocad with mouse on ipados

Huh. AutoCad. Thanks for sharing. Gonna see how feasible it is to do it on the older pro.
mastering89
post Oct 12 2019, 09:37 AM

miao miao
2,545 posts

If anyone letting go smart keyboard for ipad pro 10.5 & 1st gen apple pencil do pm me biggrin.gif
NightFelix
post Oct 12 2019, 10:35 AM

Samsung Exynos
All Stars
17,435 posts

Lazada got Black, Silver and Rose Gold for sales for RM1899 256+WiFi model. Oh well, sold out everywhere.
celciuz
post Oct 12 2019, 11:13 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Oct 12 2019, 10:35 AM)
Lazada got Black, Silver and Rose Gold for sales for RM1899 256+WiFi model. Oh well, sold out everywhere.
Grabbed that tongue.gif but didn't get from Lazada Apple Store but from another seller cause their Space Grey was out of stocks.

What's the best player for those video files on iPad? Need to stuff some videos in to play when needed... for my kid sweat.gif

This post has been edited by celciuz: Oct 12 2019, 11:13 AM
starship1
post Oct 12 2019, 01:39 PM

Regular
1,207 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 12 2019, 11:13 AM)
Grabbed that tongue.gif but didn't get from Lazada Apple Store but from another seller cause their Space Grey was out of stocks.

What's the best player for those video files on iPad? Need to stuff some videos in to play when needed... for my kid sweat.gif
Just use the iPad default video player but it is limited to playing the MP4 or one or two more popular video format.
Or download the OPlayer lite which can play almost any video format but has tons of intrusive advertisement kicking and peeping at the background or you may purchase a ads free full version.
Only few apps are free and useful in the Apple's ecosystems universe.

This post has been edited by starship1: Oct 12 2019, 01:41 PM
celciuz
post Oct 12 2019, 02:37 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(starship1 @ Oct 12 2019, 01:39 PM)
Just use the iPad default video player but it is limited to playing the MP4 or one or two more popular video format.
Or download the OPlayer lite which can play almost any video format but has tons of intrusive advertisement kicking and peeping at the background or you may purchase a ads free full version.
Only few apps are free and useful in the Apple's ecosystems universe.
Default player, meaning sync through iTunes?
starship1
post Oct 12 2019, 08:11 PM

Regular
1,207 posts

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 12 2019, 02:37 PM)
Default player, meaning sync through iTunes?
Its now at apple TV apps on iOS 13
janszmatt
post Oct 13 2019, 03:16 PM

Casual
350 posts

Any recommendations on acceptable 3rd party keyboard

And does 3rd party pencil works?
loongzai2
post Oct 13 2019, 09:42 PM

Enthusiast
822 posts

QUOTE(NightFelix @ Oct 12 2019, 10:35 AM)
Any link can get the black 1?
xtrasher_kingx
post Oct 14 2019, 09:06 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

Hello, anyone tried using usb-c converter to hdmi to watch astrogo on tv?

Besides the original adapter, anyone can recommend a 3rd party one?
kevyeoh
post Oct 15 2019, 12:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

Same here... just buy almost immediately... smile.gif

Anyways... anyone got cheap and good keyboard recommendation? Doesnt feel right to spend rm400 or rm500 on keyboard since the ipad pro is rm1899 only...

QUOTE(d3v073d_50uL @ Oct 10 2019, 07:15 PM)
Impulse buying from lazada...Since I saw that 1.9k yesterday XD

After using for a while... not sure if gonna stick with the iPad Pro... quite large for me (Used to having 8.x" and 7.x" tablet..)
But for first timer iPad user... seems really nice....
QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 11 2019, 09:33 AM)
I thought I was gonna lose out on the iPad actually. Coz was procrastinating for too long, and missed out on all the good colour. Was thinking thrice if I wanted Gold or Rose Gold. Checked before going to sleep, see the Space Grey dropped price. I saw it as divine intervention laugh.gif
Man, that's the second time someone has got that case. I really like it myself actually, but can't stomach how bulky (and cumbersome) it'll make the iPad. Main purpose in getting an iPad is synergy between devices...and hoping it'll be less cumbersome than the surface pro.

I think I'll hold out on getting it...for now.

Good catch on your purchase btw. They were the first ones to drop the price actually. Then ran out of stock, then had some stock, to eventually totally run out. Lol. Was a roller coaster ride for my colleague who was deciding if she should buy for her parents laugh.gif
Huh. AutoCad. Thanks for sharing. Gonna see how feasible it is to do it on the older pro.
QUOTE(janszmatt @ Oct 13 2019, 03:16 PM)

celciuz
post Oct 15 2019, 07:53 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Oct 15 2019, 12:28 AM)

Anyways... anyone got cheap and good keyboard recommendation? Doesnt feel right to spend rm400 or rm500 on keyboard since the ipad pro is rm1899 only...
I bought Logitech Slim Combo @ RM 499, arrived but have not started using cause screen protector is still on the way 😂 iPad Pro 10.5 arrived on Saturday but sitting in the cabinet waiting to be activated.
kevyeoh
post Oct 15 2019, 08:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,526 posts

That is my dilemma now... rm499 keyboard... almost 30% the cost of the ipad itself? I am trying to look for a cheaper keyboard... lol ... would have probably paid rm499 if my ipad is rm4k or so... just my personal thoughts anyway... do share with us your experience on the logitech... maybe will influence to buy ...hehe

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 15 2019, 07:53 AM)
I bought Logitech Slim Combo @ RM 499, arrived but have not started using cause screen protector is still on the way 😂 iPad Pro 10.5 arrived on Saturday but sitting in the cabinet waiting to be activated.
celciuz
post Oct 15 2019, 08:48 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Oct 15 2019, 08:35 AM)
That is my dilemma now... rm499 keyboard... almost 30% the cost of the ipad itself? I am trying to look for a cheaper keyboard... lol ... would have probably paid rm499 if my ipad is rm4k or so... just my personal thoughts anyway... do share with us your experience on the logitech... maybe will influence to buy ...hehe
I think RM499 not too bad, cause it comes with the case + keyboard (its detachable) versus Apple's keyboard itself is uhh about RM650?

Will update once I get a feel of it tongue.gif Downside I guess there's only the blue color now, no more black.
marquis
post Oct 15 2019, 09:38 AM

Flower Power!
2,467 posts

QUOTE(kevyeoh @ Oct 15 2019, 12:28 AM)

So far the only acc I've bought for the iPad is the Pencil and a cheapo case. Not sure I want a keyboard just yet since primary use of the iPad will be for sketching. Like you, I'm not keen to spend too much on a keyboard sweat.gif

If I do need it, I'm thinking of going with either the K380/480 or the Apple Keyboard (not the smart cover one, the full fledged one), or an Anne Pro.

QUOTE(celciuz @ Oct 15 2019, 07:53 AM)
I've been recommended that as well but can't bring myself to buy one due to the sheer size and weight of it. Is your iPad a laptop replacement by any chance? Not sure I want that kinda bulk on such a mobile device...Might as well just bring along a MBP if it's that bulky? For me at least.

You really got the patience! Btw, your unit my already be pre-activated. Might be different since we got them from different retailers though.
kapalterbang_737
post Oct 15 2019, 12:00 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

QUOTE(janszmatt @ Oct 13 2019, 03:16 PM)

For keyboard, I would recommend Logitech K380/K480
Fairly cheap and reliable

I have Apple Pencil Gen 1 & Pencil 'copy'
No doubt the best for drawing/writing will be Apple Pencil with its palm rejection and pressure sensitive tips

The Pencil 'copy' might be good if you have kids who want to draw occasionally and if you need to sign some documents

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

celciuz
post Oct 15 2019, 03:20 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,509 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ Oct 15 2019, 09:38 AM)
So far the only acc I've bought for the iPad is the Pencil and a cheapo case. Not sure I want a keyboard just yet since primary use of the iPad will be for sketching. Like you, I'm not keen to spend too much on a keyboard sweat.gif

If I do need it, I'm thinking of going with either the K380/480 or the Apple Keyboard (not the smart cover one, the full fledged one), or an Anne Pro.
I've been recommended that as well but can't bring myself to buy one due to the sheer size and weight of it. Is your iPad a laptop replacement by any chance? Not sure I want that kinda bulk on such a mobile device...Might as well just bring along a MBP if it's that bulky? For me at least.

You really got the patience! Btw, your unit my already be pre-activated. Might be different since we got them from different retailers though.
Well, I bought the iPad Pro mainly as a bigger screen than iPhone Xs/Xs Max for my daughter's meal time LOL. Let me compare to my big rMBP 15 haha, its a late 2013.

Wait... these devices should not be pre-activated? Else the warranty period would be affected no?

78 Pages « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.05    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:20 AM