post Nov 19 2015, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

This post has been edited by sunyen: Nov 19 2015, 03:57 PM
cheeshion
post Nov 19 2015, 04:23 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(MacDaNife @ Nov 17 2015, 08:10 AM)
It's curious how size changes everything. If you think about it, the iPad Pro runs the same software essentially as your iPhone. Scale it up to it's present proportions and it becomes a different device entirely. Something that you have to see to believe. I remember thinking i won't buy the iPad, it after all is simply "an iPhone on steroids" then buying it immediately when I saw it in the store.

the iPad Pro is similar. There are some critical differences though:

1. Swiping from the right side of the screen enables split screen. Very useful. I'd like to be able to run a mouse though. I could never cut and paste with my finger quite as effectively or drag and drop without a mouse.

2. Installing a LTE SIM (RM15 per month via Maxis) allows me to use the same data plan than usually remains underused and means I am now connected everywhere

3. Accessing my networked hard drive in bed to watch downloaded content (read: torrents) is amazing with the four speakers of this fella

4. Reading Magazines and Books is the closest thing to paper ever. Better cos you don't need to switch on the bedside light. You might think that not having to scroll is a small thing. It is NOT.

5. This thing is blazingly fast. With optimized software. Something that Microsoft with the Surface simply fail to understand after all these years: it's not enough to have killer hardware. You cripple the software and it's still a lemon.

This is going to be a runaway success. Even more so when the installed software base catches up to the new capabilities of the machine.
Well said, Doc...
thumbup.gif
Liem An Du
post Nov 19 2015, 09:50 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 19 2015, 11:50 AM)
user posted image

just arrived. will test this soon!
Wow.
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
Did you order online bro?

sunyen
post Nov 20 2015, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(Liem An Du @ Nov 19 2015, 09:50 PM)
Wow.
thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
Did you order online bro?
yup online malaysia store, first thing when it's available. that already back ordered 5 days
Liem An Du
post Nov 20 2015, 06:14 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 20 2015, 01:13 PM)
yup online malaysia store, first thing when it's available. that already back ordered 5 days
It is now 4-5 weeks.
sad.gif
By the way, Monifilm quite good bro?
I'll go get it from Paradigm.

This post has been edited by Liem An Du: Nov 20 2015, 06:29 PM
sunyen
post Nov 21 2015, 08:35 AM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(Liem An Du @ Nov 20 2015, 06:14 PM)
It is now 4-5 weeks.
sad.gif
By the way, Monifilm quite good bro?
I'll go get it from Paradigm.
no idea i think good enough to last much longer than those cheap one at lelong (4H) and crystal clear. only sp available when i was at macstudio, didn't border to wait or check elsewhere or buy online.

anyway, the pencil is amazing, everything I have hoped for and more, light year ahead every other stylus out there and closest thing to a real pencil minus all the limitations and hassle of traditional media. Surface Pro 4 stylus feels like crayon compared to pencil. Definitely the best accessory i ever bought.

While using cintiq feel like tied to desk working, big sludgy and heavy (13HD still stuck with lame bygone hardware like 1080p display and really bad touch sensitivity), ipad pro feels more like leisure, frictionless, light and convenient. i can pickup and start drawing anytime instantly on my sofa etc, very pleasurable and satisfying to use. iPad Pro + Apple Pencil - an artist dream tool!

This post has been edited by sunyen: Nov 21 2015, 11:13 AM
Liem An Du
post Nov 21 2015, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 21 2015, 08:35 AM)
no idea i think good enough to last much longer than those cheap one at lelong (4H) and crystal clear. only sp available when i was at macstudio, didn't border to wait or check elsewhere or buy online.

anyway, the pencil is amazing, everything I have hoped for and more, light year ahead every other stylus out there and closest thing to a real pencil minus all the limitations and hassle of traditional media. Surface Pro 4 stylus feels like crayon compared to pencil. Definitely the best accessory i ever bought.

While using cintiq feel like tied to desk working, big sludgy and heavy (13HD still stuck with lame bygone hardware like 1080p display and really bad touch sensitivity), ipad pro feels more like leisure, frictionless, light and convenient. i can pickup and start drawing anytime instantly on my sofa etc, very pleasurable and satisfying to use. iPad Pro + Apple Pencil - an artist dream tool!
Great.
thumbup.gif
I just got it, but still haven't get the case and pencil.
It is huge and just beautiful.
wub.gif
sunyen
post Nov 21 2015, 01:25 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(Liem An Du @ Nov 21 2015, 12:08 PM)
Great.
thumbup.gif
I just got it, but still haven't get the case and pencil.
It is huge and just beautiful.
wub.gif
the most ideal thing about the ipad pro compared to old ipad is reading magazines and comics. perfect size
MacDaNife
post Nov 21 2015, 02:34 PM

Adrenalina Italiana
1,721 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 21 2015, 08:35 AM)

It really should have come in the box. Apple has a few billion in cash already. Why la so greedy?

(ends rant)

sunyen
post Nov 21 2015, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(MacDaNife @ Nov 21 2015, 02:34 PM)
It really should have come in the box. Apple has a few billion in cash already. Why la so greedy?

(ends rant)
they didn't become the wealthiest company in the world by giving things away haha. but seriously the pencil is not a replacement of finger as the primary input method, its more like a specific tool for certain subset of users for higher precision work like CAD and drawing.

but don't worry i m sure the next Samsung Note Pro will come with Samsung Pencil in. the box wink.gif

This post has been edited by sunyen: Nov 21 2015, 02:46 PM
Susuwatari
post Nov 21 2015, 09:41 PM

Regular
1,218 posts

Just got mine hours ago, 128gb cellular space grey.
Liem An Du
post Nov 21 2015, 09:47 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 21 2015, 01:25 PM)
the most ideal thing about the ipad pro compared to old ipad is reading magazines and comics. perfect size
nod.gif
I got a tempered glass protector from Sunway Pyramid.
Yesterday night traffic jam was so bad to go to Paradigm.
Bro, mind sharing where do you get the case?
Liem An Du
post Nov 21 2015, 09:48 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(Susuwatari @ Nov 21 2015, 09:41 PM)
Just got mine hours ago, 128gb cellular space grey.
Great.
rclxm9.gif
sunyen
post Nov 21 2015, 11:29 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(Liem An Du @ Nov 21 2015, 09:47 PM)
nod.gif
ordered together at apple online store, available at most resellers
Susuwatari
post Nov 22 2015, 11:45 AM

Regular
1,218 posts

QUOTE(Liem An Du @ Nov 21 2015, 09:47 PM)
nod.gif
May I know how much is the protector? Any idea if they have the normal (non glass) one? I haven't got the protector, Macstudio running out of stock.
Liem An Du
post Nov 22 2015, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(Susuwatari @ Nov 22 2015, 11:45 AM)
May I know how much is the protector? Any idea if they have the normal (non glass) one? I haven't got the protector, Macstudio running out of stock.
Hi, it is roughly RM80.
Almost the same with the Monifilm.
They only have the tempered glass one.
Quality so far so good.
But this is more for temporary as iPad Pro still new and not so many accessories out yet.
sweat.gif
By the way, are you using any case?

This post has been edited by Liem An Du: Nov 22 2015, 03:11 PM
Liem An Du
post Nov 22 2015, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(sunyen @ Nov 21 2015, 11:29 PM)
ordered together at apple online store, available at most resellers
Okay thanks bro.
notworthy.gif
MacDaNife
post Nov 22 2015, 03:42 PM

Adrenalina Italiana
1,721 posts

My previous iPads never scratched so am forgoing the screen protector. Bought the front cover and back cover. It's labelled as silicone but has a felt - like texture. Not rubbery. I like it. But at almost RM400 for just the back case😳.... It's a scam...
Susuwatari
post Nov 22 2015, 04:11 PM

Regular
1,218 posts

QUOTE(Liem An Du @ Nov 22 2015, 03:11 PM)
Hi, it is roughly RM80.
Almost the same with the Monifilm.
They only have the tempered glass one.
Quality so far so good.
But this is more for temporary as iPad Pro still new and not so many accessories out yet.
sweat.gif
By the way, are you using any case?
Not using one, thinking that will make it heavier. Plan to buy a sleeve though.

78 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0280sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:44 AM