Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> New KK train station also designed for LRT!

views

TSKampung2005
post Sep 5 2015, 12:17 AM, updated 9y ago

Proudly Kampungite, will always be one.
Group Icon
VIP
3,028 posts

Daily Express Sabah

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=102904

Provision for LRT in Aeropod project
Published on: Friday, September 04, 2015

Kota Kinabalu: The foundation has been laid for a Light Rail Transit (LRT) service to materialise in Sabah in the near future through the ongoing RM3 billion Aeropod development project under the Sabah Development Corridor (SDC), even though developer SP Setia is not the commercial body undertaking the project.

"We have planned the place for the future. We may not be doing it, but we made the provision through the infrastructure. The upper concourse of the new railway system had been designed for a future LRT as it will have the similar line as the railway system, but they connect at a high level.

"This has been approved by City Hall," Aeropod Deputy General Manager Chan Tah Seong, told Daily Express. "We have actually submitted plans to show the proof that you can adjust the roof and the facility can be used for a LRT system," he added, acknowledging the scepticism that was faced by the firm when it first mooted the idea, especially from the Sabah state government. "City Hall was not convinced at first, asking 'can it be done?' So, our people with the architects had to physically demonstrate that when other developers come along, the project is feasible," he said.

"Though it is based on the State Government's plan for the facility, I think we are ready," Chan said, adding that the firm was at an advanced level of the development, liaising with the State Railways Department (JKNS) on the coordination and placement of the tracks as well as the building of its headquarters.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Kampung2005: Sep 5 2015, 12:18 AM
Yolo Swag
post Sep 5 2015, 12:29 AM

15 posts

eh..? GE coming so soon ah?
SUSJyunkai
post Sep 10 2015, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

Even though I don't think KK will ever have an LRT system in the next 20 years, but good for them for planning ahead. If only more developers in KV did the same in the past.

QUOTE(Yolo Swag @ Sep 5 2015, 12:29 AM)
eh..? GE coming so soon ah?
This isn't done by the government
TSKampung2005
post Sep 10 2015, 12:06 AM

Proudly Kampungite, will always be one.
Group Icon
VIP
3,028 posts

But the reality of that KK has high motor vehicle population, thus the need of having LRT in KK is more of 'when' rather than 'if'...
foohoa
post Sep 10 2015, 12:08 AM

Enthusiast
976 posts

the aeropod project by SP setia, LRT same route??
i think they think too much la.......

This post has been edited by foohoa: Sep 10 2015, 12:08 AM
Einjahr
post Sep 10 2015, 12:09 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Sep 5 2015, 12:17 AM)
hmm isn't it abit early to talk about LRT? but wut abouts modernising the railway? Sabah pippu at the outskirts still need to get to KK to work
ju146
post Sep 10 2015, 12:10 AM

Regular
1,537 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Sep 10 2015, 12:06 AM)
But the reality of that KK has high motor vehicle population, thus the need of having LRT in KK is more of 'when' rather than 'if'...
mean while penang still dont have monorail or LRT>... LOL...

salah LGE lar dew...
SUSJyunkai
post Sep 10 2015, 12:11 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(Kampung2005 @ Sep 10 2015, 12:06 AM)
Sabah needs a highway, but manage so many years.

KK doesn't seems to have a lot of high density areas though. Mostly low density developments spread out a huge area. So if they do get an LRT line I reckon it will just be a very short one. but hey, better than nothing.
gm_18300
post Sep 10 2015, 12:21 AM

34 posts

I think better allocate now so that when it need to build the cost to buy land is not bomb...but kk should build one asap...why wait when u hv the time to sort all by using the station as part of development in future.
Einjahr
post Sep 10 2015, 12:22 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(BoxOnAChair @ Sep 10 2015, 12:12 AM)
I think shud improve the roads first
well they are already doing that, massive roadworks on the pipeline, being constructed thru-aut kk atm
Einjahr
post Sep 10 2015, 12:24 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(Jyunkai @ Sep 10 2015, 12:11 AM)
Sabah needs a highway, but manage so many years.

KK doesn't seems to have a lot of high density areas though. Mostly low density developments spread out a huge area. So if they do get an LRT line I reckon it will just be a very short one. but hey, better than nothing.
eventually KK will need LRT and MRT and rail, at least allocation for the future, while Sabah has alot of land but KK doesn't have much flat land..
unlike KL, the city is essentially 'sandwiched between the uneven hilly terrain and the sea.

This post has been edited by Einjahr: Sep 10 2015, 12:25 AM
SUSitanium
post Sep 10 2015, 12:27 AM

I brake very late.
762 posts

LRT in KK? not in this lifetime.
Einjahr
post Sep 10 2015, 12:29 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(itanium @ Sep 10 2015, 12:27 AM)
LRT in KK? not in this lifetime.
u that unker meh? sad.gif
SUSJyunkai
post Sep 10 2015, 12:29 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(Einjahr @ Sep 10 2015, 12:24 AM)
eventually KK will need LRT and MRT and rail, at least allocation for the future, while Sabah has alot of land but KK doesn't have much flat land..
unlike KL, the city is essentially 'sandwiched between the uneven hilly terrain and the sea.
I know, that's why I think that what SP is doing is a good thing. KK seems to be currently focusing most of it's new developments close to coast/downtown area though, so that's good.
SUSitanium
post Sep 10 2015, 12:30 AM

I brake very late.
762 posts

QUOTE(Einjahr @ Sep 10 2015, 12:29 AM)
u that unker meh? sad.gif
Maybe when I got my driving license you not born yet
Einjahr
post Sep 10 2015, 12:35 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

Kota Kinabalu: There is a possibility that Sepanggar Port may enjoy free port status as one way to address the price disparities between Sabah and peninsula brought about by the longstanding Cabotage policy, Daily Express can reveal.
Transport Minister-cum-MCA President Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai is working to resolve the issue which entails the port becoming the second hub after Port Klang and involves spending some RM60 million to upgrade port facilities to meet new demands.

The move follows a fact finding report submitted to the Ministry by the non-governmental bodies and agencies on the the Cabotage Policy and its impact on the higher cost of living in Sabah by up to 30pc.

A free port enjoys relaxed jurisdiction of Customs or related national regulations for trans-shipment.

According to Sabah MCA Deputy co-Chairman Datuk Francis Goh the allocation, which is pending approval from the Federal Government, would be used to improve the port's facilities.

He, however, expressed reservations that the free port plan would be effective if the Cabotage policy is not also scrapped.

While waiting for the allocation and proposal to materialise, Goh as the Sabah Housing and Real estate Developers Association (Shareda) President had also spoken of the negative impacts of the Cabotage Policy due to builders' dependency to imports of several construction materials such as iron bars.

"So we will see whether the price of materials in Sabah will go down after that (free port status is granted)," he said.

"They say Cabotage policy is not the main cause, if then I would like to ask then why is it that Sabah's building materials cost is more than in Kuala Lumpur?" asked Goh.

Nevertheless, he thanked the Minister's interest in helping to address the price disparities in Sabah.

Various groups have expressed their dissatisfaction over the implementation of the 35-year-old Cabotage Policy, among the most vocal being the Federation of Sabah Industries.

Its President Datuk Seri Wong Khen Thau had for years fought against the policy which was meant to nurture a Malaysian shipping industry but had little to show since its formulation in the early 1980s.

boomtime if tis happens
Einjahr
post Sep 10 2015, 12:36 AM

Getting Started
87 posts

QUOTE(BoxOnAChair @ Sep 10 2015, 12:34 AM)
I think lrt in kk need wait until penang johor malacca ipoh seremban kuching have first
err.. why need to wait? completely different cities with completely different requirements.
SUSJyunkai
post Sep 10 2015, 12:37 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(BoxOnAChair @ Sep 10 2015, 12:34 AM)
I think lrt in kk need wait until penang johor malacca ipoh seremban kuching have first
Just need to wait after JB and Penang I think. Ipoh is a dying city, so theres no need for LRT there.
SUSitanium
post Sep 10 2015, 12:38 AM

I brake very late.
762 posts

LTL can go fly kite. Wait next transport minister.
SUSJyunkai
post Sep 10 2015, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(Einjahr @ Sep 10 2015, 12:35 AM)
Kota Kinabalu: There is a possibility that Sepanggar Port may enjoy free port status as one way to address the price disparities between Sabah and peninsula brought about by the longstanding Cabotage policy, Daily Express can reveal.
Transport Minister-cum-MCA President Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai is working to resolve the issue which entails the port becoming the second hub after Port Klang and involves spending some RM60 million to upgrade port facilities to meet new demands.

The move follows a fact finding report submitted to the Ministry by the non-governmental bodies and agencies on the the Cabotage Policy and its impact on the higher cost of living in Sabah by up to 30pc.

A free port enjoys relaxed jurisdiction of Customs or related national regulations for trans-shipment.

According to Sabah MCA Deputy co-Chairman Datuk Francis Goh the allocation, which is pending approval from the Federal Government, would be used to improve the port's facilities.

He, however, expressed reservations that the free port plan would be effective if the Cabotage policy is not also scrapped.

While waiting for the allocation and proposal to materialise, Goh as the Sabah Housing and Real estate Developers Association (Shareda) President had also spoken of the negative impacts of the Cabotage Policy due to builders' dependency to imports of several construction materials such as iron bars.

"So we will see whether the price of materials in Sabah will go down after that (free port status is granted)," he said.

"They say Cabotage policy is not the main cause, if then I would like to ask then why is it that Sabah's building materials cost is more than in Kuala Lumpur?" asked Goh.

Nevertheless, he thanked the Minister's interest in helping to address the price disparities in Sabah.

Various groups have expressed their dissatisfaction over the implementation of the 35-year-old Cabotage Policy, among the most vocal being the Federation of Sabah Industries.

Its President Datuk Seri Wong Khen Thau had for years fought against the policy which was meant to nurture a Malaysian shipping industry but had little to show since its formulation in the early 1980s.

boomtime if tis happens
Hopefully it does happen and doesn't just slowly fades away

2 Pages  1 2 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:27 PM