Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

computer science diploma, what type of jobs

views

TSafnansyahir
post Sep 1 2015, 08:32 PM, updated 9y ago

48 posts

hi. im currently studying for diploma program. im taking cs110 which is computer science.
when i graduated, will it be better to straight go degree or straight looking for a job?
what type of job will i do ? will it office job? im really confused about what can a computer science graduate can do. i took it cause of minat.
and for salary, how much will a non experience graduate like me make? will it be at least 2k?
but i really wanted to know what type of work i can do later,
eg:programming etc
raymondha
post Sep 1 2015, 11:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,796 posts

nowadays degree is a mandatory....
it depends on what kind of job u love...
2k? i wont pay u 2k.
Binyamin
post Sep 2 2015, 06:19 AM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(afnansyahir @ Sep 1 2015, 08:32 PM)
hi. im currently studying for diploma program. im taking cs110 which is computer science.
when i graduated, will it be better to straight go degree or straight looking for a job?
what type of job will i do ? will it office job? im really confused about  what can a computer science graduate can do. i took it cause of minat.
and for salary, how much will a non experience graduate like me make? will it be at least 2k?
I know someone that makes a living programming for people in oDesk, elance and freelancer.

Degree not required I think. Just skill and reputation. Google the names above.
Furfur
post Sep 2 2015, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
277 posts

Nowadays a lot of client asking for PHP Programmers (i have no idea what is that). Salary quite beautiful also
fryze
post Sep 2 2015, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

Are you any good at what u do? What do you think u are best at?
mohamadfaris99
post Sep 3 2015, 04:29 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(afnansyahir @ Sep 1 2015, 09:32 PM)
what type of job will i do ? will it office job? im really confused about  what can a computer science graduate can do. i took it cause of minat.
it is all depends on you..how you represent yourselves when you want to apply the job..computer science job is diverse and currently high in demands. it's just on what do you really want?? do you want to do programming? do you want to do networking? do you want to study continue doing research..if you want to look for a job..choose which prospect do you interest and have capability more. There, you can represent yourselves better for that position. For salary, it dpends on your luck..sometimes, a diploma also can reach 2K salary.. contact me if you still have any question smile.gif
TSafnansyahir
post Sep 3 2015, 06:24 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(mohamadfaris99 @ Sep 3 2015, 04:29 PM)
it is all depends on you..how you represent yourselves when you want to apply the job..computer science job is diverse and currently high in demands. it's just on what do you really want?? do you want to do programming? do you want to do networking? do you want to study continue doing research..if you want to look for a job..choose which prospect do you interest and have capability more. There, you can represent yourselves better for that position. For salary, it dpends on your luck..sometimes, a diploma also can reach 2K salary.. contact me if you still have any question  smile.gif
wow you sure help alot. and how bout the it cert? how much does it cost normally? and will it have big impact on my salary later on?
sendomike
post Sep 4 2015, 01:15 PM

Enthusiast
854 posts

QUOTE(afnansyahir @ Sep 3 2015, 07:24 PM)
wow you sure help alot. and how bout the it cert? how much does it cost normally? and will it have big impact on my salary later on?
instead of an IT cert, i would strongly suggest you do a IT degree instead.
unlike Singapore, a lot of malaysian recruiters look at degree as a prerequisite.
if you want to specialize in an aspect of IT, do a degree, then go for the cert.

with a degree cert, i believe you can get a starting pay of RM2500. diploma should be around RM1800 like that.

mohamadfaris99
post Sep 4 2015, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(afnansyahir @ Sep 3 2015, 07:24 PM)
It depends on the type of cert itself. What cert are you going be taking??? are going to take cert in programming?? or are you going to take cert in networking? CCNA ? It depends. Each cert has an advantage depends on what scope of work will you be applying to. As an example, if you choose to look for a job in networking, cert in programming might not be a top priority or advantage for you to the employers, but if you focus in programming job, and you have multiple cert in programming langugage, that might be an advantage for you in applying the job. So, which one you're gonna take? For your salary, as an example, in networking, if you have a valid cert and high level cert like CCNA1, CCNA2 and so on, your salary might be higher than other normal network enggineer which doesnt have any professional cert. The cert itself may impress your employer. Though, there is a catch. It is very expensive and hard work required to get cert that actually recognized. But after you able to get the cert, you may able to increase the possibility to get hired. nod.gif
TSafnansyahir
post Sep 4 2015, 04:21 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(sendomike @ Sep 4 2015, 01:15 PM)
instead of an IT cert, i would strongly suggest you do a IT degree instead.
unlike Singapore, a lot of malaysian recruiters look at degree as a prerequisite.
if you want to specialize in an aspect of IT, do a degree, then go for the cert.

with a degree cert, i believe you can get a starting pay of RM2500. diploma should be around RM1800 like that.
alright thanks. I'll do more research on what type of job I'll do later in the future. thank you soo much for both of u. hope i can belanja u makan hahaha for such an advice
muyyaqdhom
post Sep 4 2015, 09:08 PM

Enthusiast
735 posts

cert doesnt matter if you're lazy & if you really wanted working in private sector..you wont go anywhere. just need skill, cert for showoff only.

but in gov dip/deg/mas are count as education background, paid by level/gred.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:44 AM