Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Any guppy fans here?, come come come

views

tehoice
post Nov 24 2021, 02:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(jesse @ Oct 18 2021, 08:05 PM)
Hi! I'm a newbie to keeping guppy as a hobby... recently caught some guppies and would like to keep them in a proper aquarium. Someone gave me an old aquarium they are not using anymore and I notice a crack at the bottom of the aquarium. It's not leaking at the moment... Is there anything I should do to prevent the crack from getting bigger? Any advice would be much appreciated!

user posted image
You can get those glass glue/silicon, to fix this, is this at the bottom of the tank? if yes, then probably you can't do both side, maybe only on the inside of the tank only.

but for me, i wouldn't risk it, i would probably get a new tank instead, new tank is not as expensive anyway. risk free and no headache.

your headache will come if you have leakage, you will need to rescape, rehome them, etc etc. so much to do.

code10
post Dec 15 2021, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
145 posts

QUOTE(jesse @ Oct 18 2021, 08:05 PM)
Hi! I'm a newbie to keeping guppy as a hobby... recently caught some guppies and would like to keep them in a proper aquarium. Someone gave me an old aquarium they are not using anymore and I notice a crack at the bottom of the aquarium. It's not leaking at the moment... Is there anything I should do to prevent the crack from getting bigger? Any advice would be much appreciated!

user posted image
Depends on the size of the crack.

I had mended my gold fish bowl with super glue (the small tube bought from Mr DIY). This glue is very thin, and it seeps easily into the crack easily. Apply it on both sides of the glass. No leaking and crack stopped, for my case.

For your flat glass panel aquarium, better rest it on a styrofoam sheet so the bottom pressure of the aquarium is evenly distributed. I might see your aquarium will last a few more years.

95 Pages « < 93 94 95Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:26 AM