Getting Started
97 posts

General Info
Chat start time Aug 23, 2015 2:34:24 AM EST
Chat end time Aug 23, 2015 3:22:48 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:48:24
Operator Yammy
Chat Transcript
info: The current average wait time is 8minutes.
info: The current average wait time is 7 minutes.
info: The current average wait time is 2 minutes.
info: The current average wait time is 1 minutes.
info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Yammy'.
Yammy: Hello! Thank you for contacting Xbox Worldwide Chat Support. My name is Yammy.
Yammy: Am I chatting with me?
me: hi yammy
me: yup
Yammy: Hi me, how are you doing today?
me: ok
Yammy: I am glad to know you are doing okay. It appears you are having a concern redeeming a prepaid code subscription under your account, right?
me: right
Yammy: Thanks for the confirmation. That is definitely not the situation we want you to have me. No worries, let me do my best to help you with that.
Yammy: So I can double check, may I please have the email address and gamer tag associated?
me: ||||||||||||||||||||||||
me: ||||||||||||||||||||||||
me: ||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Yammy: Alright!
Yammy: When you try to redeem the code, may I know what specific error message or code are you seeing?
me: it say's 'something not right, try again later'
me: Something went wrong Sorry about that. Give it a try in a while.
Yammy: Thanks for that information. Let me be able to check that here. I have sent a code to the MS email address associated to your gamer tag. Please copy and paste the code in our chat session so I can be able to verify the account.
me: Microsoft Support Code: 91927156
Yammy: Nice!
Yammy: Let me just make a brief review of your account here first and I will get back to you
Yammy: Thanks for waiting me. May I please have the prepaid code subscription that you are trying to redeem so we can validate it here in our database?
me: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
me: 1)XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 2)YXXXXXXXXXX
Yammy: Thank you, me. Is this your first time to redeem a prepaid code subscription for your account?
me: nope done this couple of times
Yammy: I see. Thanks for the clarification. A prepaid code subscription is composed of 25 digits. Can you please provide to me again the prepaid code subscriptions that you are trying to redeem on the account?
me: 1----
Yammy: Thank you. I have checked the second code here which is and this is a 3+1 prepaid code subscription.
me: yup thats right
Yammy: For the first code you have provided me, there is something missing The last ten digits seems to be incorrect.
Yammy: Can you verify to me again the code for the first one you have provided me?
me: k
Yammy: May I please have the correct prepaid code that you are trying to redeem under your account? The first one?
me:
Yammy: Thanks me and I have confirmed it now. This is a 3 month prepaid code subscription.
me: yes
Yammy: May I know on where did you purchase these prepaid codes?
me: the first code is from cdkeys.com
me: the second code from offgamers.com
Yammy: Thank you once again me. I have already verified here the reason why you are unable to redeem the code. It seems that there is a region conflict. Based on our resources here, a prepaid code subscription will not work if your Xbox Live profile region and your physical location is not covered under Xbox Live services. In the case of Malaysia, there is no Xbox Live services available yet in region. But, we can still try to redeem on the account.
Yammy: There are two ways to redeem a code. On the console or on the website. Let us try to redeem the code on the website.
me: that's true however i've redeem the codes before and it was a okay
Yammy: I would highly suggest you use a PC or laptop to redeem a code on the xbox.com site by using an Internet Explorer or Firefox browser
me: should i try again?
Yammy: On the website, you have to change the region of the website first to Malaysia.
Yammy: You can do that, by scrolling down on the site.
Yammy: On the left side, under Support, change the region from US (default) to Malaysia then try to redeem the code
Yammy: After you changed the website's region to Malaysia. please go to MY ACCOUNT > PAYMENT & BILLING > REDEEM CODE and see if that works smile.gif
me: error
me: We’ve moved some things around. The page you are looking for may have a new location, or is no longer available. You might want to:
Yammy: Thanks for checking. Is there an error code as well?
me: XbosPurchase 32d9f35a-37a5-4b80-84be-9b7c361886da 2015/08/23 - 07:09:19 UTC
Yammy: Thank you so much, me. May I know what browser did you use?
me: chrome
Yammy: Can you please try to use Internet Explorer or Firefox?
me: tried
me: XbosPurchase 08b25829-9a08-444c-b13c-e24513f307f6 2015/08/23 - 07:12:30 UTC
me: on microsoft edge
Yammy: Thanks for checking. Since we have already verified the error, we have concluded that this is a region conflict issue. Also, you have mentioned you have tried this before and based on the history of your account here, it appears your account was set to US and that there is Live available in the US. What other thing I can suggest too is to migrate your account to a region where there is Live, in your region, the nearest country where Live is available is in Singapore.
me: singapore? okay ill try that
Yammy: If you plan to migrate your account to Singapore, we also suggest you make sure your IP address match to the region of your Xbox Live region.
me: ill take note of that
Yammy: If your Xbox Live profile is then migrated to SG, make sure that your IP address is also set to SG and that will be with the help of your local ISP since they have the capacity to provide you an SG IP address.
Yammy: Also, please know that to migrate your Account, we follow a step by step process to do so. Through the website page, you are given information as to what contents are affected. Should you wish to continue, you may feel free to do so by following the steps. I want to properly set your expectation that account migration can only be done once every 90 days.
me: okay
Yammy: For more information on how to migrate your account from one region to the other please check this link: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/m...t/change-region
Yammy: After you migrated your account from Malaysia to SG, please make sure to sign out and sign in to your account. Have an SG IP address and then redeem the code.
Yammy: It has been a pleasure working with you on this me. Thanks a million for giving me the opportunity to work with you and to resolve this issue for you today. Is there anything else?
xxxx: thats it thanks
Yammy: You are always welcome, me. Anything for you.
Yammy: If that is everything, I would like to thank you once again for giving me the chance to assist you today.
Yammy: Thank you very much for reaching with us (Xbox Worldwide Chat Support)! Take care and stay positive all the time! smile.gif
Yammy: Have a great day always!
Yammy: Bye for now smile.gif
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ||||||||||||| at the end of your chat.

This post has been edited by morpheus3929: Dec 10 2018, 05:29 PM
IccyAsd
post Aug 25 2015, 09:23 AM

Enthusiast
Group Icon
Staff
819 posts

Actually the easier way to resolve this issue is to know what Region your Xbox Live GT is, buy Live based on your GT region.

Xbox One is actually Region Free, if you have Kinect you can redeem your code. Afaik there is no IP check on Xbox One it self, only region check based on machine region settings, unlike Xbox 360.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0161sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:15 AM