23 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Travel Pangkor & Lumut

chingyeve
post Dec 3 2006, 09:27 PM

26 posts

can anyone recommend some nice, budget chalets? somewhere near to the beach?
TAGreptiles
post Dec 4 2006, 01:41 AM

taggyMY
1,874 posts

QUOTE(G[a]rY @ Dec 3 2006, 12:35 PM)
oh, any website/contact number to that..?? thanx..
that the problem that keep bugging me....! i'm going on the 8th...but i lost the freakin name card!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
Chrisky
post Dec 7 2006, 05:16 PM

Romanista
4,567 posts

lol i'm thinking to go Pangkor on the x'mas weekend... hotels on the island are all fully booked as far as i know, but i manage to get a room in a hotel in Lumut.

well b4 i go n pay for it, juz wanna ask u guys here how's my plan tongue.gif :

get to Lumut by 9 or 10am, take boat to Pangkor. hire a taxi van for a round-island tour, then juz lepak around til everning. Take boat back to Lumut, check in hotel. Have dinner in Lumut.

next morning go to Teluk Batik n take a look. n after that check out... TADA~~~ laugh.gif

so how's is it ? u all think it works ? tongue.gif
andymillenium
post Dec 7 2006, 10:36 PM

776 posts

QUOTE(Chrisky @ Dec 7 2006, 05:16 PM)
lol i'm thinking to go Pangkor on the x'mas weekend... hotels on the island are all fully booked as far as i know, but i manage to get a room in a hotel in Lumut.

well b4 i go n pay for it, juz wanna ask u guys here how's my plan tongue.gif  :

get to Lumut by 9 or 10am, take boat to Pangkor. hire a taxi van for a round-island tour, then juz lepak around til everning. Take boat back to Lumut, check in hotel. Have dinner in Lumut.

next morning go to Teluk Batik n take a look. n after that check out... TADA~~~  laugh.gif

so how's is it ? u all think it works ?  tongue.gif
lol...sound ok.....but u haveta becareful in teluk batik.....there are toones of jelly fish.. ph34r.gif

1 day trip round pangkor should be enuf...hehe
kai_rel
post Dec 7 2006, 11:39 PM

142 posts

if your staying in teluk nipah, ask the local there whether your stay do coincide with the tide drop event. the tide will fall down n u can walk to the island visible from the teluk nipah beach..

i didn't now bout it n was lucky that it happen during my stay there.. walk there n back..

but remember it only last for a few hours.. if not stranded there heh.. u can see from the waterline level at the rocks on the island.. it quite deep the water level. if ur an accomplihed swimmer maybe ok eh..

the day b4 kayaking round the island.. and took the snorkelling trip to the island... i suggest u to buy n bring along bread while snorkelling.. the fish will swarm u n bite from ur hand. anyway pangkor is quite cheap than those island in the east coast.

This post has been edited by kai_rel: Dec 7 2006, 11:49 PM
Chrisky
post Dec 8 2006, 12:51 PM

Romanista
4,567 posts

QUOTE(andymillenium @ Dec 7 2006, 10:36 PM)
lol...sound ok.....but u haveta becareful in teluk batik.....there are toones of jelly fish.. ph34r.gif

1 day trip round pangkor should be enuf...hehe
what ? jelly fish ? ph34r.gif sweat.gif

i only heard people say there got a lot monkeys. tongue.gif
andymillenium
post Dec 8 2006, 02:20 PM

776 posts

QUOTE(Chrisky @ Dec 8 2006, 12:51 PM)
what ? jelly fish ? ph34r.gif sweat.gif

i only heard people say there got a lot monkeys.  tongue.gif
monkeys got.....same does jelly fish... ph34r.gif

i kena last time i went...
afs
post Dec 12 2006, 12:40 PM

294 posts

Pangkor go to teluk nipah. More activities here than any other place. Visit the website at my signature. Try Havana Beach Resort.
TAGreptiles
post Dec 13 2006, 01:43 AM

taggyMY
1,874 posts

QUOTE(Chrisky @ Dec 7 2006, 05:16 PM)

well b4 i go n pay for it, juz wanna ask u guys here how's my plan tongue.gif  :

next morning go to Teluk Batik n take a look. n after that check out... TADA~~~  laugh.gif

so how's is it ? u all think it works ?  tongue.gif
1 day more then enough...i just came back from there...tongue.gif took my friends there for a holiday. anyways...i think rent bikes more worth it. taxi drivers gonna potong u kau kau during holiday season. bikes can get at rm15-25 each for a whole day...lol...save ur own time dun need go teluk batik lar...dirty & polluted....but if u like u can go to the beach bistro there got a drink...lol...its before the teluk batik beach tho...on ur right if ur going from lumut...
Chrisky
post Dec 13 2006, 09:48 AM

Romanista
4,567 posts

QUOTE(TAGreptiles @ Dec 13 2006, 01:43 AM)
1 day more then enough...i just came back from there...tongue.gif took my friends there for a holiday. anyways...i think rent bikes more worth it. taxi drivers gonna potong u kau kau during holiday season. bikes can get at rm15-25 each for a whole day...lol...save ur own time dun need go teluk batik lar...dirty & polluted....but if u like u can go to the beach bistro there got a drink...lol...its before the teluk batik beach tho...on ur right if ur going from lumut...
well i dont know how to ride motor... so no choice but to take those taxi van. oledi expect the price wil b jack up pretty much. sweat.gif

lol apart from Teluk Batik, any nearby place worth visiting ?
musangpulut
post Dec 13 2006, 02:25 PM

if u got RM200++ per nite.. go to pangkor island resort at pantai dalam..very nice place ma.. I just been there last week.

TAGreptiles
post Dec 13 2006, 09:19 PM

taggyMY
1,874 posts

QUOTE(Chrisky @ Dec 13 2006, 09:48 AM)
well i dont know how to ride motor... so no choice but to take those taxi van. oledi expect the price wil b jack up pretty much.  sweat.gif

lol apart from Teluk Batik, any nearby place worth visiting ?
ermm...u can go to the magrove park near lumut batu 1...lol.. they renovated the place i dint go to the new one yet...to get there, from lumut, turn left at the teluk batik intersection. turn right is go teluk batik go straight is setiawan...so u turn left. just bout 400m up u will see it on ur left. wont miss it...
my44
post Dec 14 2006, 06:46 AM

2,253 posts

I have stayed at Pangkor Island Beach Resort (PIBR) or formerly known as Pangkor Pan Pacific. Paid about RM360 for a Deluxe Ocean Wing room (the Pacific Wing is slightly less expensive). The resort definitely tends to offer some cheap prices once in a while but maybe not during peak holidays.
Hotel info + photos: http://www.malaysia-islands.com/html/pangk...and-beach.shtml

Honestly, nothing much can be done in Pangkor if you are staying 4d3n. Man, that's too long. Unless you intend to frolick in the sun all day long. Anyway, the island does have some nice beaches, but not comparable to the ones in Redang, Perhentian or Tioman, really.

Golden Sands Beach: http://www.malaysia-islands.com/html/pangk...den-sands.shtml
The beach in front of PIBR. Not sure if non-staying guests can enter this beach (they can actually, but maybe the guard won't let them in, which is a wrong thing in our law). Very long beach, like 2-km I think. Quite nice and secluded.

Teluk Nipah: http://www.malaysia-islands.com/html/pangk...luk-nipah.shtml
Quite crystal-clear water, a lot of empty spaces. My personal favourite beach here. Not much into the crowded Pasir Bogak beach.

Pulau Giam: http://www.malaysia-islands.com/html/pangk...ulau-giam.shtml
This is quite a must-do. Rent a kayak for RM10 (I think), then pedal to the nearby Pulau Giam from Teluk Nipah. Nice island, decent beach. I just hope people won't throw anymore picnic garbage here. So irresponsible.

Have fun!
my44
post Dec 14 2006, 06:48 AM

2,253 posts

QUOTE(kai_rel @ Dec 7 2006, 11:39 PM)
if your staying in teluk nipah, ask the local there whether your stay do coincide with the tide drop event. the tide will fall down n u can walk to the island visible from the teluk nipah beach..

Nice shot.

Actually, I remembered following my dad to this "annual event" of extra low tide. Lotsa tourists and locals come to pick up gamat and other sea animals. The low tide occurs for about a few hours. Yes, indeed you can walk to the islands of Giam and Mentagor. But quite scary if suddenly the water rises again, haha.

dopp
post Dec 17 2006, 01:03 AM

1,729 posts

Anyone got contact of car/van rental in pangkor, pls pm me, thx
luvfun
post Dec 18 2006, 01:50 PM

281 posts

QUOTE(dopp @ Dec 17 2006, 01:03 AM)
Anyone got contact of car/van rental in pangkor, pls pm me, thx
u can rent bicycle there also .. only rm 5 per day
musangpulut
post Dec 18 2006, 03:44 PM

QUOTE(luvfun @ Dec 18 2006, 01:50 PM)
u can rent bicycle there also .. only rm 5 per day
aiya...use bicycles to round the island eh?? u will be dead when you see Pangkor's hill road...haha better rent motorbikes..e.g scooter pr EX5.. only RM30 per day..less hassle & more fun with your scandal..hahha
ymtoh
post Jan 3 2007, 08:58 PM

155 posts

pangkor is a good place if u are looking for a quiet and somewhere near...

pangkor have been my favourite island... not because it's beauty or what...just that i have a lot of good memories there... i have been there around 6 times already... and my fav pass time there is just sitting by the beach all day and enjoy the breeze!!
hickups
post Jan 4 2007, 09:54 PM

470 posts

ermm i book pangkor island resort for 4 nights using online
going this month
when i reach jetty there take ferry to the island
when reach there just can walk to the resort
or is it damn far
i never been there
TAGreptiles
post Jan 5 2007, 05:50 AM

taggyMY
1,874 posts

QUOTE(hickups @ Jan 4 2007, 09:54 PM)
ermm i book pangkor island resort for 4 nights using online
going this month
when i reach jetty there take ferry to the island
when reach there just can walk to the resort
or is it damn far
i never been there
teluk nipah is bout 10KM away... whistling.gif

get motor cycle. can bargain to bout rm20-25(high season), get an Ego. just put bout rm2 petrol will last u whole day.

or u can take van also. but they charge per person. u can also ask the van fella to take u to eat seafood that's resonable priced. i forgot what's the shop name but it has a very big empty lot on front of the restaurant. y family's been havin dinner there almost everyyear when we go back ... enjoy ur stay.. smile.gif

23 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

0.0243sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:56 AM