Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Disabling PPPoE on L7-nr2000 router, In which firmware is this possible?

views

TSblackxwhite
post Aug 13 2015, 02:42 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
161 posts

Here's the problem. Ive been trying to make a few spare L7 routers at home to support internet+hypptv to other different areas of the house. Theyll be connected with a single Lan cable. Basic diagram is like this

modem --- > Main router (OpenWRT) ----[vlan 1(home vlan) + 600 (HyppTV)]-----> L7 router ---> Internet + HyppTV ---> WIN!

The routers are running firmware 1.07TM

I've was able to bridge the network by going into the operator accounts in the L7 routers and changing the designated "WAN connection 4" to my home VLAN 1 and bridging the connection+changing the LAN ports. I noticed the L7 network untags the VLAN by default if u connect it to the WAN port, so on the OpenWRT side of the router, VLAN 1 is set to tagged. Internet works for VLAN 1 but haven't tested HyppTV as this isn't a permanent solution yet

The problem comes with the wireless connections. Wireless traffic seems to be controlled by the router itself and there is no way to change it (its forces NAT, not just a simple bridge). the solution im trying to come up is by making the router a client of my home network (a network inside another network, a bit messy, I know), and that's possible by changing PPPoE to static IP or DHCP, BUT sadly the settings are greyed out.

SOOO... after finding around, KLseet's website had the same router with firmware 1.09OD, and the settings to change it isn't greyed out in the "WAN connection 1". tried asking around but TM says 1.09OD isnt released. i tried firmware 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07 and all doesnt let u change the PPPoE thingy. anyone got the buggy 1.08 firmware to test it out, or even better, the 1.09 firmware biggrin.gif

any takes before i put up a [WTT] on garage sales to swap one with a DIR-615 smile.gif

EDIT: i might need to post this at Networking Tech Support actually sweat.gif

This post has been edited by blackxwhite: Aug 13 2015, 02:52 PM
mariobros
post Aug 13 2015, 04:15 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Hi bro actually not here to answer your question but ask you question (because you're using same D-Link model). Hope if you don't mind smile.gif

Is there a page in the D-Link setup page where it shows the PPPOE password that we set before (something like ●●●●●)?

This post has been edited by mariobros: Aug 13 2015, 04:16 PM
TSblackxwhite
post Aug 13 2015, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

the PPPoE password field should be in manual internet settings page, though it should be in the ●●●●● format. If u cant find it try the operator account. it should be there. Not sure if u can extract it though. way easier to call unifi and get the password biggrin.gif
mariobros
post Aug 14 2015, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(blackxwhite @ Aug 13 2015, 06:08 PM)
the PPPoE password field should be in manual internet settings page, though it should be in the  ●●●●● format. If u cant find it try the operator account. it should be there. Not sure if u can extract it though. way easier to call unifi and get the password biggrin.gif

Thanks for telling where to find it. Hmmm actually you can view the ●●●●● format brows.gif
TSblackxwhite
post Aug 14 2015, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
161 posts

Hehe no problems. Never needed the password as I jotted it down since day 1 biggrin.gif. Javascript FTW
TSblackxwhite
post Nov 20 2015, 11:59 PM

Getting Started
161 posts

In case anyone stumbles upon this thread and finding l7 networks firmware version 1.09OD found it at dlink ftp server ftp://dlink.com.sg/L7%20N-R2000/Firmware/ biggrin.gif. Can change to DHCP oledy biggrin.gif
gamemacho
post Dec 9 2015, 06:19 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(mariobros @ Aug 14 2015, 10:30 AM)
Thanks for telling where to find it. Hmmm actually you can view the ●●●●● format brows.gif
mind to share how you decrypt the password? blink.gif
shiroamada
post Mar 24 2017, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

anyone able to use in Dynamic IP mode?
I tried operator account, and upgrade to 1.09 firmware still not success to get IP from my existing router.

Any guide?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:32 AM