Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Vegetarian Pregnant Mum, can i get enough of nutritious for baby

views

TSEric2801
post Aug 12 2015, 11:16 AM, updated 9y ago

9 posts

My wife is pregnant, and both of us are vegetarian. will she have enough of nutritious for baby? (*she becomes vegetarian less than 6 months) rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
jamesteoh8177
post Aug 12 2015, 11:20 AM

Casual
465 posts

congrats, bro...
I am no vegan but I believe there are many types of food that can replace meat...

peace,bro icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by jamesteoh8177: Aug 12 2015, 11:24 AM
ran_deep
post Aug 12 2015, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

Mt wife is vegan, and she is pregnant too. She needs enough protein and calcium. So milk is the best. I'll get her the good one - HL. And also yogurt.
And fruits - apple, guava, banana, I stock up most.
Also take the Obimin pills, that helps for extra vitamins and lactating needs. You can get it from most pharmacies.

This post has been edited by ran_deep: Aug 12 2015, 11:29 AM
TSEric2801
post Aug 12 2015, 11:35 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(ran_deep @ Aug 12 2015, 11:28 AM)
Mt wife is vegan, and she is pregnant too. She needs enough protein and calcium. So milk is the best. I'll get her the good one - HL. And also yogurt.
Also take the Obimin pills, that helps for extra vitamins and lactating needs. You can get it from most pharmacies.
Thanks thanks, will definitely go and get some. But is there something like vegetarian pregnant mum food recipe. i hope she can eat nicer food to increase her diet.
hanishoney
post Aug 12 2015, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(ran_deep @ Aug 12 2015, 11:28 AM)
Vegetarian means eating no meat.

Vegan means eating no meat AND food sourced from all animals. That means no milk, eggs, etc. Plant only.

So I think you mean your wife is vegetarian, not vegan.

Here's an article from BabyCenter Malaysia about how to be a pregnant vegetarian: http://www.babycenter.com.my/x2286/is-a-ve...uring-pregnancy

And here's some vegetarian recipes for pregnant mums: http://www.babycenter.com.my/a551100/veget...s-for-pregnancy
ran_deep
post Aug 12 2015, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

There could be plenty, but it all also depends on what she craving for smile.gif
Mine ask for noodles most of time - mee sup, mee goreng, tomyam and nasi goreng.
So when you get or make such items, add more vege into it.
ran_deep
post Aug 12 2015, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(hanishoney @ Aug 12 2015, 11:40 AM)
Vegetarian means eating no meat.

Vegan means eating no meat AND food sourced from all animals. That means no milk, eggs, etc. Plant only.

So I think you mean your wife is vegetarian, not vegan.
Here's an article from BabyCenter Malaysia about how to be a pregnant vegetarian: http://www.babycenter.com.my/x2286/is-a-ve...uring-pregnancy

And here's some vegetarian recipes for pregnant mums: http://www.babycenter.com.my/a551100/veget...s-for-pregnancy
Oops didn;t knew the difference blush.gif
She is vegetarian!
livery_critle
post Aug 12 2015, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
111 posts

congrats, bro...
I am no vegan but I believe u guys can do it
-copy paste
TSEric2801
post Aug 12 2015, 11:53 AM

9 posts

haha thanks for the info.
SUSsupersound
post Aug 12 2015, 06:22 PM

10k Club
11,554 posts

QUOTE(Eric2801 @ Aug 12 2015, 11:35 AM)
Thanks thanks, will definitely go and get some. But is there something like vegetarian pregnant mum food recipe. i hope she can eat nicer food to increase her diet.
Nope, skip chemical milk, drink normal type of milk will do.
Your wife needs to eat nuts(search google or wiki for more info) to get protein.
Always prevent to eat junk food from franchise fast food restaurants.
vandoren
post Aug 13 2015, 08:45 AM

Casual
488 posts

Good fat is very important, avocado is best.
Besides rice, you can mix millet and quinoa in your rice. They are good source of protein, good fat and mineral.
TSEric2801
post Aug 13 2015, 01:35 PM

9 posts

will bear it in mind! thanks. Besides food intake, is there any important thing i need to pay attention for a vegetarian mum?
esaykay
post Aug 29 2015, 08:46 PM

19 posts

I second the quinoa and millet suggestion. Very high sources of protein. Also, for milk, I can recommend the farm fresh brand. Increase nut and seed intake. More tofu/organic and non gmo soya products. If she is the type of vegetarian who eats eggs, then please have these! Eggs are complete sources of protein. Ducks eggs are actually better than chickens eggs and there are naturopaths recommending these now as they higher concentration of nutrition and healthy fats.
As for supplements, chlorella and spirulina are excellent in combination. They are highly quality vegetarian proteins. I mean, content wise.
Magnesium oil is a must. Get one from the Zechstein inside source. In Malaysia, it is the Elementz brand. Other countries bring in under different brands. The magnesium will help with absorption of all nutrients, help to keep your wife relaxed and also aid for easy birth of taken correctly. Can't stress the importance. Maybe also include coconut oil as a daily supplement and for applying. Not to forget avoiding all the junk food she can smile.gif can't help the crazy cravings sometimes, of course. Good luck! And congrats!!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:41 AM