post Aug 10 2015, 05:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

why myvi masuk minyak 97?? Just wonder sleep.gif
char_les
post Aug 10 2015, 06:36 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(heavensea @ Aug 10 2015, 05:12 PM)
why myvi masuk minyak 97?? Just wonder sleep.gif
nothing right or wrong, just "mentally" or "in fact" it is more powerful.
For me, i tried and feel that it is more powerful when i pump Ron 97 ~ and mine is a weekend car, so, still affordable at this juncture, within monthly budget for fuel. + cleaning fuel burn, i read from an article, which leads to some sort engine protection.

Just my belief, so dont shoot me notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

heavensea
post Aug 10 2015, 06:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 10 2015, 06:36 PM)
nothing right or wrong, just "mentally" or "in fact" it is more powerful.
For me, i tried and feel that it is more powerful when i pump Ron 97 ~ and mine is a weekend car, so, still affordable at this juncture, within monthly budget for fuel. + cleaning fuel burn, i read from an article, which leads to some sort engine protection.

Just my belief, so dont shoot me  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
No shoot lah...just wonder as I thought you pump it as daily use. 97 is alright since it's a weekend car, what's your favourite petrol brand? Many ppl of lowyat net suggest bhp biggrin.gif
char_les
post Aug 10 2015, 06:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(heavensea @ Aug 10 2015, 06:46 PM)
No shoot lah...just wonder as I thought you pump it as daily use. 97 is alright since it's a weekend car, what's your favourite petrol brand? Many ppl of lowyat net suggest bhp biggrin.gif
again, up to your belief ~ lol laugh.gif
im using Petronas Ron 97 ~ tried Shell Ron 97 before, but "feel" like weaker than Petronas', so, so far still stick to Petronas. yawn.gif
heavensea
post Aug 10 2015, 07:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 10 2015, 06:51 PM)
again, up to your belief ~ lol  laugh.gif
im using Petronas Ron 97 ~ tried Shell Ron 97 before, but "feel" like weaker than Petronas', so, so far still stick to Petronas.  yawn.gif
I'm using petronas as well, (95). It gives me better fc.
Actually I feel the 97 (pumped it few times before) gives better vroommm vroommm feeling, but it's costly for me to pump it as daily use sweat.gif
char_les
post Aug 11 2015, 08:28 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(heavensea @ Aug 10 2015, 07:03 PM)
Actually I feel the 97 (pumped it few times before) gives better vroommm vroommm feeling, but it's costly for me to pump it as daily use  sweat.gif
yeah, i felt the pain when i pump it for the first time, but after some time, still alright, with mindset i "sayang" the car, give her the best i could cool2.gif
Jedi
post Jan 5 2019, 11:12 AM

Pax Et Bonum

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 3 2015, 12:12 AM)
Hi all sifus here ~ i just changed the myvi stock exhaust to cat back from Supercircuit ~ just wondering, is such change increases the fuel consumption ? lots ?  blink.gif  any ideas ? but, yeah, i realize it might be hurting, just wondering how significant it is going to be.

im still trying my first full tank ron 97 (pump stopped automatically), just wanna prepare myself mentally, if worsens, might consider sell it though ~  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
so TS, after 3 yrs, what is ur feedback?
char_les
post Jan 12 2019, 12:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 5 2019, 11:12 AM)
so TS, after 3 yrs, what is ur feedback?
lolx, slightly slower pickup unless you wanna rev.
Sold it and the car too and get a stock honda rolleyes.gif
Jedi
post Jan 12 2019, 12:22 AM

Pax Et Bonum

Icic. Bec I am not considering exhaust change just the supercircuit extractor for fuel save
char_les
post Jan 12 2019, 12:40 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 12 2019, 12:22 AM)
Icic. Bec I am not considering exhaust change just the supercircuit extractor for fuel save
i see, it's fine. i tried the pairing before. feel slightly smoother flow for normal driving. nod.gif
Jedi
post Jan 12 2019, 12:49 AM

Pax Et Bonum

QUOTE(char_les @ Jan 12 2019, 12:40 AM)
i see, it's fine. i tried the pairing before. feel slightly smoother flow for normal driving. nod.gif
Why did u change to honda. Its still a good car for market and city parking narrow spaces all. I have honda city too. Parked at home after 4 yrs only clocked 10k lol
Valentino46
post Jan 12 2019, 05:19 AM

On my way

QUOTE(heavensea @ Aug 10 2015, 07:03 PM)
Actually I feel the 97 (pumped it few times before) gives better vroommm vroommm feeling, but it's costly for me to pump it as daily useĀ  sweat.gif
if you wanna know the truth,do a blind test;
when your tank is nearly empty next time.ask one of your friend to help you pump the car to full but not revealing about whether its 95 or 97,after you drove it a while and had a mental guess of yourself. only then ask your friend to reveal the fuel he put in ,try a few time to cancel out lucky guess,and be honest with yourself,avoid Stockholm syndrome
i did this challenge to so many of my friends who insist they really felt ron97 was better,once do blind test,they can't felt any different and admiting just tembak at guessing at last,the different if any,was minuscule
don't waste your money on placebo effect

This post has been edited by Valentino46: Jan 12 2019, 08:57 AM
char_les
post Jan 13 2019, 01:42 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 12 2019, 12:49 AM)
Why did u change to honda. Its still a good car for market and city parking narrow spaces all. I have honda city too. Parked at home after 4 yrs only clocked 10k lol
More for image building.
Stopped burning cash on modding and trying after market engine oil.
So, now, just drive and service, pay. Most im thinking adding bodykit. laugh.gif
mojo1ne
post Jan 13 2019, 11:21 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Jan 12 2019, 05:19 AM)
if you wanna know the truth,do a blind test;
when your tank is nearly empty next time.ask one of your friend to help you pump the car to full but not revealing about whether its 95 or 97,after you drove it a while and had a mental guess of yourself. only then ask your friend to reveal the fuel he put in ,try a few time to cancel out lucky guess,and be honest with yourself,avoid Stockholm syndrome
i did this challenge to so many of my friends who insist they really felt ron97 was better,once do blind test,they can't felt any different and admiting just tembak at guessing at last,the different if any,was minuscule
don't waste your money on placebo effect
First they have to have the basic knowledge of y the different RONs. It's just to prevent knocking in higher compression cars. Goddamn it's not rocket fuel.

Valentino46
post Jan 14 2019, 03:17 AM

On my way

QUOTE(mojo1ne @ Jan 13 2019, 11:21 AM)
First they have to have the basic knowledge of y the different RONs. It's just to prevent knocking in higher compression cars. Goddamn it's not rocket fuel.
many people rather choose to just believe than to understand the actual mechanism

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0577sec    4.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th January 2019 - 07:49 PM