Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Cat back exhaust

char_les
post Aug 3 2015, 12:12 AM, updated 3 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi all sifus here ~ i just changed the myvi stock exhaust to cat back from Supercircuit ~ just wondering, is such change increases the fuel consumption ? lots ? blink.gif any ideas ? but, yeah, i realize it might be hurting, just wondering how significant it is going to be.

im still trying my first full tank ron 97 (pump stopped automatically), just wanna prepare myself mentally, if worsens, might consider sell it though ~ sweat.gif sweat.gif

PedangGila
post Aug 3 2015, 12:25 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

Keep us updated yo.
McFD2R
post Aug 3 2015, 09:54 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 3 2015, 12:12 AM)
Hi all sifus here ~ i just changed the myvi stock exhaust to cat back from Supercircuit ~ just wondering, is such change increases the fuel consumption ? lots ?  blink.gif  any ideas ? but, yeah, i realize it might be hurting, just wondering how significant it is going to be.

im still trying my first full tank ron 97 (pump stopped automatically), just wanna prepare myself mentally, if worsens, might consider sell it though ~  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
There's a saying. If you're worried about fuel consumption, remain stock. A car is only efficient as it's tuning. Assuming the diameter is larger, if the pressure is too low, you'll be stepping on your accelerator pedal more just to get it moving.

There has been instances of a properly tuned car with some basic mods achieving better efficiency. My ex-2003 Vios, god bless her soul, gave me better efficiency after tuning. Without the tuning, it was worse than stock. Ahhh the days of chasing WHP on a puny 1.5 NA engine laugh.gif
shinjite
post Aug 3 2015, 10:32 AM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 3 2015, 12:12 AM)
Hi all sifus here ~ i just changed the myvi stock exhaust to cat back from Supercircuit ~ just wondering, is such change increases the fuel consumption ? lots ?  blink.gif  any ideas ? but, yeah, i realize it might be hurting, just wondering how significant it is going to be.

im still trying my first full tank ron 97 (pump stopped automatically), just wanna prepare myself mentally, if worsens, might consider sell it though ~  sweat.gif  sweat.gif
Fuel consumption = lots of factors haha
Best is you monitor yourself driving the same style running the same routes and see how it goes
char_les
post Aug 3 2015, 01:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(McFD2R @ Aug 3 2015, 09:54 AM)
There's a saying. If you're worried about fuel consumption, remain stock. A car is only efficient as it's tuning. Assuming the diameter is larger, if the pressure is too low, you'll be stepping on your accelerator pedal more just to get it moving.

There has been instances of a properly tuned car with some basic mods achieving better efficiency. My ex-2003 Vios, god bless her soul, gave me better efficiency after tuning. Without the tuning, it was worse than stock. Ahhh the days of chasing WHP on a puny 1.5 NA engine  laugh.gif
hmm.gif hmm.gif how much it cost to tune ~ lol ~ i have been suspecting o2 sensor (despite no blinking) ~ lol
char_les
post Aug 3 2015, 01:48 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shinjite @ Aug 3 2015, 10:32 AM)
Fuel consumption = lots of factors haha
Best is you monitor yourself driving the same style running the same routes and see how it goes
yeah... still monitoring, finding excuses to drive around ~ sweat.gif sweat.gif
Mr.Docter
post Aug 3 2015, 09:56 PM

A&E Freak

You changed the whole set or certain part only?

Interested in upgrading my exhaust system too, but still unsure which shop. Supercircuit price is quite "premium" for me.
char_les
post Aug 4 2015, 04:01 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Mr.Docter @ Aug 3 2015, 09:56 PM)
You changed the whole set or certain part only?

Interested in upgrading my exhaust system too, but still unsure which shop. Supercircuit  price is quite "premium" for me.
i changed the extractor few months back b4 the recent, same brand. Before this, my foreman informed me that my muffler sound empty with louder vibration.. (ngooongggg... ngooongggggg ~ something like this). tick tick tock tock for like 2 months, checked and considering those outside exhaust shop,yeah, they are pretty affordable, like 600 - 700 you can get full line pipe with stainless steels.

Then, heard some bad story about the materials that they used, thinner, wielding skills... bla bla bla ~ swt, k lor, 1 shot settle with supercircuit, peace of mind.But, problem is this month eat grass cry.gif cry.gif
alwinnng
post Aug 10 2015, 01:29 AM

To love at all, is to be vulnerable.

But super circuit sometimes their prices not fixed one

I enquire before custom cat back exhaust they quoted 980

Few months later i ask again they say 1800.. I asked them last time not 980, they said this model of vehicle never have custom cat back below 1.5k
char_les
post Aug 10 2015, 12:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(alwinnng @ Aug 10 2015, 01:29 AM)
But super circuit sometimes their prices not fixed one

I enquire before custom cat back exhaust they quoted 980

Few months later i ask again they say 1800.. I asked them last time not 980, they said this model of vehicle never have custom cat back below 1.5k
oh, but their price is likely at premium, for my case, just the extractor alone cost RM 600 + ~ mayb the guy answered wrongly? but, currently they are charging additional gst 6% on the quoted price. rclxub.gif
shinjite
post Aug 10 2015, 02:05 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 10 2015, 12:41 PM)
oh, but their price is likely at premium, for my case, just the extractor alone cost RM 600 + ~ mayb the guy answered wrongly? but, currently they are charging additional gst 6% on the quoted price.  rclxub.gif
That price is normal due to the material being stainless steel 304 and TIG welding (they used this for marketing A LOT). No matter how premium also, it still won't beat another shop's pricing of extractor stainless steel, 2 mid boxes (so called stainless steel), normal steel piping and stainless steel muffler at 2.8k till >3k sweat.gif
alwinnng
post Aug 10 2015, 02:26 PM

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 10 2015, 12:41 PM)
oh, but their price is likely at premium, for my case, just the extractor alone cost RM 600 + ~ mayb the guy answered wrongly? but, currently they are charging additional gst 6% on the quoted price.  rclxub.gif
I got ask 4-2-1 extractor also

1.3k i think..installation not included
shinjite
post Aug 10 2015, 02:31 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��

Guys, just go for those you can afford smile.gif
char_les
post Aug 10 2015, 03:18 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shinjite @ Aug 10 2015, 02:05 PM)
That price is normal due to the material being stainless steel 304 and TIG welding (they used this for marketing A LOT). No matter how premium also, it still won't beat another shop's pricing of extractor stainless steel, 2 mid boxes (so called stainless steel), normal steel piping and stainless steel muffler at 2.8k till >3k sweat.gif
exactly, i read the same sentence on and on ~ stainless steel, TIG welding, same goes to all the exhaust shop ~ lol
yeah, but so far S circuit comment is still acceptable ~

char_les
post Aug 10 2015, 03:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(alwinnng @ Aug 10 2015, 02:26 PM)
I got ask 4-2-1 extractor also

1.3k i think..installation not included
wow ~ just that 4 pipes cost 1.3k? what car you driving btw ? blink.gif
alwinnng
post Aug 10 2015, 03:21 PM

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 10 2015, 03:20 PM)
wow ~ just that 4 pipes cost 1.3k? what car you driving btw ?  blink.gif
Swift doh.gif

Aftermarket parts exp like hell
shinjite
post Aug 10 2015, 03:22 PM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 10 2015, 03:20 PM)
wow ~ just that 4 pipes cost 1.3k? what car you driving btw ?  blink.gif
Because it is custom made with again, stainless steel 304 with TIG welding mandrel bend biggrin.gif
char_les
post Aug 10 2015, 03:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(calvinooi1234 @ Aug 10 2015, 11:16 AM)
i changed by savvy center muffler and switch from r3 muffler corroting and holed , to jasm1 n1 straight flow , for my manual savvy,

drive proper when use r3 muffler can go 70km...........

now jasma n1 muffler just 40+ km for 1 fuel bar . rm10+ per bar petrol
i suspect engine oil , but i have changed new engine oil semi synthetic from shell petrol station ,
i also confuse , is it this terrible?
no comment hmm.gif need pro with savvy on this ~ pipe too wide? im suspecting whether mine having same issue, myvi using 1.6" diameter pipe. doh.gif
char_les
post Aug 10 2015, 04:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(alwinnng @ Aug 10 2015, 03:21 PM)
Swift doh.gif

Aftermarket parts exp like hell
yeah, heard its parts are double price of the myvi equivalent. laugh.gif but, rumor says swift's thickness is double the myvi too.
alwinnng
post Aug 10 2015, 04:55 PM

QUOTE(char_les @ Aug 10 2015, 04:16 PM)
yeah, heard its parts are double price of the myvi equivalent.  laugh.gif  but, rumor says swift's thickness is double the myvi too.
Parts double true la the price

Thickness double lol not true

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0764sec    6.97    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th March 2019 - 12:22 PM