Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Where to get cheap paintings?, Cheap Paintings

views

TSgoldenegg1
post Jul 31 2015, 06:49 PM, updated 9y ago

6 posts

Hi all

Do you have any idea where to buy cheap paintings in KL or PJ? I am thinking of putting up some paintings to fill up my wall. A bit empty at the moment, kind of eyesore seeing them all the time. I checked out a few places in Publika but they are kind of expensive and not really suit my interior. Any place to recommend? Terima Kasih! biggrin.gif
kanagawaautoparts
post Jul 31 2015, 06:50 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

print and frame?
fuzzy
post Jul 31 2015, 07:55 PM

*pew pew pew*
6,659 posts

What kind of painting?

muhibah
post Jul 31 2015, 07:57 PM

Getting Started
241 posts

Amcorp mall
TSgoldenegg1
post Aug 1 2015, 10:34 PM

6 posts

Oil paintings or acrylic paintings preferably.
billyboy
post Aug 2 2015, 09:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,181 posts

Choose a pic you like on google. Make sure its Illustrator format. Copy right free too. Print it!

Ps. Never used the printer before. Just saw it on road side.

Attached Image
zenix
post Aug 3 2015, 01:08 PM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

what i do is i go walk around those areas with street art

you know those guys that can doodle or draw a portrait of someone from a photo

u can commission them to do something for you
it won't be as expensive as publika but i suggest you try not to lowball them as they don't make much money as it is......many of them do art for many shops selling artwork already frames....the prices like above 1000 but probably lowball the artist and paid only 500 for 50 works or more because they know artist usually desperate.

if u give the artist a good pay....i can guarantee u that you'll have a great artwork....might not be worth anything like a van gogh eventhough his name is van goh.....but it will be from his heart u can't put a price on that.
bzee
post Aug 5 2015, 07:48 PM

2 posts

you can check out publika but the prices are pretty premium. there used to be booth with artist at publika which you could commission artwork but those weren't the kind that i would like to put at home. not cheap too.

This post has been edited by bzee: Aug 11 2015, 06:14 PM
SUSkratos123
post Aug 5 2015, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

at my place near pwtc area got oil painting sell only rm50 size about 3 feet x 3 feet... pm me if interested.
billyboy
post Aug 6 2015, 08:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,181 posts

Inexpensive reproduction

Attached Image

Attached Image

QUOTE(goldenegg1 @ Jul 31 2015, 06:49 PM)
Hi all

Do you have any idea where to buy cheap paintings in KL or PJ? I am thinking of putting up some paintings to fill up my wall. A bit empty at the moment, kind of eyesore seeing them all the time. I checked out a few places in Publika but they are kind of expensive and not really suit my interior. Any place to recommend? Terima Kasih! biggrin.gif
Attached Image Attached Image
WaCKy-Angel
post Aug 6 2015, 08:11 AM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

Kaison at Tropicana City Mall got some paintings, IKEA also got.
Home Depot, many more.
Depends whats ur taste actually.
bzee
post Aug 9 2015, 11:53 PM

2 posts

there is one gallery in viva home, cheras on the ground floor. price is cheap but the painting is a little old fashion if you don't mind.

another place is the one in damansara uptown, i got a few pieces of paintings from them for my clients as they requested for modern art that looks expensive but doesn't burn a hole in their pockets. price wise kind of decent, some can be as low as RM500 but thankfully they are tastefully painted unlike some cheap reproductions which can be hideous.

if i am not wrong, the place is artfordable. it's same row as Ambank. it is same row with those lighting shops there. i wish i have their contact, it's somewhere in my namecard folder.

however, it is really depending on your budget, i guess you would need to pay atleast around RM600 for a decent piece of art, i have some fair share of experience with those super cheap paintings, in the end, it was rejected by my clients, hence the saying goes, you pay peanuts you get monkey.
post Aug 10 2015, 08:40 AM

Casual
352 posts

There's a paint shop opposite of Klang High School, price very reasonable...

You would see a lot of home owners and contractors flooding in anytime of the day...
Zot
post Aug 10 2015, 08:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

Why not paint one yourself? Modern art. Everyone has their own interpretation
ozak
post Aug 10 2015, 10:05 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,546 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 10 2015, 08:44 AM)
Why not paint one yourself? Modern art. Everyone has their own interpretation
Flash and throw a few paint color on the canvas ? Or get a dog and a cat to run over it? biggrin.gif

Even that simple way, not easy to create the "ART" also. Try it yourself and you know.
billyboy
post Aug 10 2015, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,181 posts

get your young relatives to paint their feet and hand, and stamp on the painting !

Voila, a unique and personal painting which you will have memories for a long time, and be a conversational piece.
TSgoldenegg1
post Aug 11 2015, 06:17 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(zenix @ Aug 3 2015, 01:08 PM)
what i do is i go walk around those areas with street art

you know those guys that can doodle or draw a portrait of someone from a photo

u can commission them to do something for you
it won't be as expensive as publika but i suggest you try not to lowball them as they don't make much money as it is......many of them do art for many shops selling artwork already frames....the prices like above 1000 but probably lowball the artist and paid only 500 for 50 works or more because they know artist usually desperate.

if u give the artist a good pay....i can guarantee u that you'll have a great artwork....might not be worth anything like a van gogh eventhough his name is van goh.....but it will be from his heart u can't put a price on that.
thanks, i would check it out:)
TSgoldenegg1
post Aug 11 2015, 06:18 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(bzee @ Aug 9 2015, 11:53 PM)
there is one gallery in viva home, cheras on the ground floor. price is cheap but the painting is a little old fashion if you don't mind.

another place is the one in damansara uptown, i got a few pieces of paintings from them for my clients as they requested for modern art that looks expensive but doesn't burn a hole in their pockets. price wise kind of decent, some can be as low as RM500 but thankfully they are tastefully painted unlike some cheap reproductions which can be hideous.

if i am not wrong, the place is artfordable. it's  same row as Ambank. it is same row with those lighting shops there. i wish i have their contact, it's somewhere in my namecard folder.

however, it is really depending on your budget, i guess you would need to pay atleast around RM600 for a decent piece of  art, i have some fair share of experience with those super cheap paintings, in the end, it was rejected by my clients, hence the saying goes, you pay peanuts you get monkey.
it would be great if you have the contact of the gallery in uptown damansara. much appreciated!
zenix
post Aug 12 2015, 10:20 AM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

QUOTE(goldenegg1 @ Aug 11 2015, 06:17 PM)
thanks, i would check it out:)
you're welcomed!
support the local seen bro!
Autocountstick
post Aug 12 2015, 10:23 AM

Casual
465 posts

download pics and print bigger size and get the frame at unker

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0198sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:08 AM