Segi kota damansara, Job

views

SUScute_miao
post Jul 29 2015, 07:54 AM, updated 9y ago

Look at MY STARS!!!!!!!!!
1,438 posts

Any1 work in segi uni kota damansar?

I gt offer there....

Its flexi wrking hr but k wana to know more...

Pls advise
pizi87
post Jul 29 2015, 09:42 AM

Casual
334 posts

what work is it may we know
SUScute_miao
post Jul 29 2015, 12:01 PM

1,438 posts

QUOTE(pizi87 @ Jul 29 2015, 09:42 AM)
what work is it may we know
lecturer
Ooopss123
post Jul 29 2015, 04:09 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Jul 29 2015, 01:01 PM)
lecturer
Lecturer in their degree programme or foundation programme?
I got an offer from sunway as foundation programme lecturer too but the offer is too low as 3k plus. And contract basis..want to know whether all private college offer that low for foundation programme lecturer?
Mind to share how segi offer? What's the pay scale and employee benefits?

SUScute_miao
post Jul 30 2015, 05:56 AM

1,438 posts

QUOTE(Ooopss123 @ Jul 29 2015, 04:09 PM)
I got an offer from sunway as foundation programme lecturer too but the offer is too low as 3k plus. And contract basis..want to know whether all private college offer that low for foundation programme lecturer?
I got the degree science program, offers more than 10k

2 my friends, one doing phd, gt 5k offers from business faculty, teaching degree.

Any recommendations
Ooopss123
post Jul 30 2015, 08:15 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Jul 30 2015, 06:56 AM)
I got the degree science program, offers more than 10k

2 my friends, one doing phd, gt 5k offers from business faculty, teaching degree.

Any recommendations
Just go for it. The offer is good.

SUScute_miao
post Jul 30 2015, 08:21 AM

1,438 posts

QUOTE(Ooopss123 @ Jul 30 2015, 08:15 AM)
Just go for it. The offer is good.
Need to see my 2 friends also.

Prefer 1 gang go.

5k for master lecturer teach degree...hmmm...,,
Ooopss123
post Jul 30 2015, 08:43 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Jul 30 2015, 09:21 AM)
Need to see my 2 friends also.

Prefer 1 gang go.

5k for master lecturer teach degree...hmmm...,,
Of course it can't be compared to industry..this is what the hr in sunway uni told me...For me, 5k is lower a bit but the life balance of become lecturer is there compare to working in industry.
SUScute_miao
post Jul 30 2015, 08:46 AM

1,438 posts

QUOTE(Ooopss123 @ Jul 30 2015, 08:43 AM)
Of course it can't be compared to industry..this is what the hr in sunway uni told me...For me, 5k is lower a bit but the life balance of become lecturer is there compare to working in industry.
bro, lecture also got kpi, and prone to complains from parents and students.
Ooopss123
post Jul 30 2015, 09:38 AM

28 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Jul 30 2015, 09:46 AM)
bro, lecture also got kpi, and prone to complains from parents and students.
Understand, but if compare to working until midnight and weekend everyday.i think lecturer has more time flexibility. All job got kpi too. No offense.
Ooopss123
post Jul 30 2015, 09:40 AM

28 posts

For your question there, I suggest u go for it as 10k offer is lucrative.
Nando's
post Jul 30 2015, 05:59 PM

Casual
429 posts

Just realized how great offer it is for lecturer brows.gif

Btw, just go for it! rclxm9.gif
daylight_dancer
post Aug 7 2015, 05:31 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(Ooopss123 @ Jul 29 2015, 04:09 PM)
You're joking if you think SEGi will offer you more than 3k.

I suggest you take the Sunway job. You can always swap departments later on. They will offer you a full time one later. I don't know why for foundation the HOD always does this.

Anyway. I've worked at SEGi before, I was there for 5 years because I had no choice. Once I completed my Masters, I quit, much to the shock of my boss and my principal. Mind you, i took a 1k pay cut to swap industries (which was fine, if it was reasonable and I was a fresh grad).

Do you know what my starting salary in SEGi was? 2k. Yup. I cried. I needed the job. So i took it. Times were hard. It was different back then, underpay but the company was more profitable and things were pretty good.

Starting in 2012 is when things started to go downhill. You go there and you'll see what I mean. I don't think you'll even make it through your probationary period if I'm being honest.

Take a look also at the remuneration package. It sucks compared to many other edu providers out there. Example, Sunway's stretches all the way across ALL of their companies, not just their colleges/ universities. Meaning you get to buy property under the Sunway group at a discount rate as well.

SEGi's turn over rate is another thing you should look out for. Major. Departments are messy. You'll be doing work that is meant for the admins, but the management will suddenly claim it's part of your KPI, which is nonsense, esp when you refer to your job responsibilities document.

This post has been edited by daylight_dancer: Aug 7 2015, 05:34 PM
Ooopss123
post Aug 7 2015, 07:28 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(daylight_dancer @ Aug 7 2015, 06:31 PM)
You're joking if you think SEGi will offer you more than 3k.

I suggest you take the Sunway job. You can always swap departments later on. They will offer you a full time one later. I don't know why for foundation the HOD always does this.

Anyway. I've worked at SEGi before, I was there for 5 years because I had no choice. Once I completed my Masters, I quit, much to the shock of my boss and my principal. Mind you, i took a 1k pay cut to swap industries (which was fine, if it was reasonable and I was a fresh grad).

Do you know what my starting salary in SEGi was? 2k. Yup. I cried. I needed the job. So i took it. Times were hard. It was different back then, underpay but the company was more profitable and things were pretty good.

Starting in 2012 is when things started to go downhill. You go there and you'll see what I mean. I don't think you'll even make it through your probationary period if I'm being honest.

Take a look also at the remuneration package. It sucks compared to many other edu providers out there. Example, Sunway's stretches all the way across ALL of their companies, not just their colleges/ universities. Meaning you get to buy property under the Sunway group at a discount rate as well.

SEGi's turn over rate is another thing you should look out for. Major. Departments are messy. You'll be doing work that is meant for the admins, but the management will suddenly claim it's part of your KPI, which is nonsense, esp when you refer to your job responsibilities document.
I don think I will take it cause my current salary is 6 k . It will consider switch industry if I join as lecturer. I only have a Bachelor degree..
daylight_dancer
post Aug 7 2015, 11:53 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(Ooopss123 @ Aug 7 2015, 07:28 PM)
I don think I will take it cause my current salary is 6 k . It will consider switch  industry if I join as lecturer. I only have a Bachelor degree..
If you're not willing to take a salary cut to switch industries, then don't. Generally (read: most), when you switch industries there is a high chance of a pay cut.

If you're after more pay, a Masters degree will get you more, but it will unlikely be close to your current pay scale.

This post has been edited by daylight_dancer: Aug 7 2015, 11:55 PM
Ooopss123
post Aug 8 2015, 12:10 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(daylight_dancer @ Aug 8 2015, 12:53 AM)
If you're not willing to take a salary cut to switch industries, then don't. Generally (read: most), when you switch industries there is a high chance of a pay cut.

If you're after more pay, a Masters degree will get you more, but it will unlikely be close to your current pay scale.
Yes, to take up Master degree course is a time, effort and money concern...this is the draw back..with a 3 k pay cut is painful.
daylight_dancer
post Aug 8 2015, 05:58 PM

On my way
655 posts

QUOTE(Ooopss123 @ Aug 8 2015, 12:10 PM)
Yes, to take up Master degree course is a time, effort and money concern...this is the draw back..with a 3 k pay cut is painful.
Ever heard on Mybrain? The government's scheme of giving a max of 10k for a Masters degree. Now if you're doing the course in a local uni (UM/ USM) it will fully cover most courses. My mum took it, and her Masters was paid for by the scheme (in UM). My sister also took it but since her course fee was more than 10k, they gave the max amount and she just paid the difference.

Another option is taking out money from your EPF account 2. Which is not too bad, and what I did.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:36 PM