4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Coffee Machine, What brand or any recommandation

views

cycheah
post Jul 22 2015, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

If machine is way out of your budget, can try the below method, is about 5x - 10x cheaper than machine, but of course more work. Most important that you enjoy the brewing process

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by cycheah: Jul 22 2015, 02:41 PM
spacelion
post Jul 22 2015, 11:04 PM

Ada Liu
1,668 posts

aeropress + hario grinder is good enough for me

other times i use clever coffee dripper , a bodum plunger, or a glass jar for cold brew
AppreciativeMan
post Jul 23 2015, 05:53 PM

Regular
1,801 posts

These are affordable espresso machines + grinder costing slightly over RM3k....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
SUSmeistsh_musical
post Jul 24 2015, 07:20 PM

Ahbeng
1,111 posts

QUOTE(natalie sy @ Jul 20 2015, 05:40 PM)
all coffee machine with capsule operated are useless. it might be useful for beginning of month but the machine will be left behind without touching after that. reason? capsule coffee are expensive, drinking the same taste over and over again are boring. 3 min interest.

if you would like to buy a coffee machine, buy those that you could fill up with powder coffee. then add your own milk, sweetener etc. that machine you could even make tea (powder form) those are cheaper and low maintenance.
that 1 i saw at germany expo fair, the price really shocking and our price is Rm900 above.
yes it can stock coffee bean, coffee powder, and powder milk, liquid milk, and other function.
it will auto generate what we want with few button
DM3
post Jul 24 2015, 09:39 PM

INSPIRATOR
6,439 posts

for basic manual espresso machine, can go for delonghi ,saeco etc
dolce are cheaper version of nespresso
jeckyl
post Jul 26 2015, 05:25 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

QUOTE(kangarooo @ Jul 20 2015, 03:44 PM)
HI guys wana ask anyone have own coffee machine at home? any recommendation ?
don't buy cheap espresso machine. it will make piss poor coffee.
Get 10 bar steam, even with capsule coffee maker.
dolce gusto = rubbish.
get nespresso or a CBTL machine
McFcker
post Jul 27 2015, 03:31 PM

48 posts

Get this
crapp0
post Jul 28 2015, 11:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

I have a french press and a moka pot express.

Dont really need a dedicated electric coffee machine.
crapp0
post Jul 28 2015, 11:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

QUOTE(McFcker @ Jul 27 2015, 03:31 PM)

Get this
Racilio? pssttt

Get the la marzoco models
shakku
post Jul 28 2015, 02:13 PM

Casual
357 posts

For starters that want to move away from 3in1 coffee, I suggest you try french press brew. Go to any coffee shops (starbucks, coffeebean etc) and order a french press.

If you like it, then you can start your own coffee journey. A starter kit for french press is cheap. BODUM french pot is a must. Followed by hand grinder, recommended Hario Mini Mill because of it's consistency of grind. Both of them total up close to RM200. Lastly your beans. Pick any from your favorite coffee joints.

Once you're satisfied and want to move up, get a starter espresso (capsules) machines. Like most mentioned, avoid Nescafe Dolce Gusto like a plague. It doesn't have proper 10 BAR pressure to extract espresso. Either get Nespresso, Verismo or CBTL + Milk Frother. Total cost around RM700 for CBTL machine and RM400 Milk forther. Capsules cost is okay, RM21 for 10 capsules. That's about RM2~ for great coffee. 3in1 not even close to taste when comes to capsule.

For grand upgrade, you'll start looking at semi-auto machines. Proper espresso extractor ranging from RM2k to RM20k. Beginners can get Gaggia Classic or Ranchilo Silvia V2. Oh, you'll need a motorized grinder. Hand grind takes 15mins for finely grinded espresso laugh.gif

This post has been edited by shakku: Jul 28 2015, 02:15 PM
kenji1903
post Jul 28 2015, 02:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,784 posts

i bought bodum 8 cup french press and porlex stainless steel hand grinder as an interim solution while looking for a proper espresso machine

so far so good as i have been trying out different beans and each bag of 250gm beans can last for 2 weeks if i brew daily
McFcker
post Jul 28 2015, 07:41 PM

48 posts

QUOTE(crapp0 @ Jul 28 2015, 12:54 PM)
Racilio? pssttt

Get the la marzoco models
which model? i don't think they have any models within that models price range with that kind of spec and technology.
crapp0
post Jul 28 2015, 08:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

QUOTE(McFcker @ Jul 28 2015, 07:41 PM)
which model? i don't think they have any models within that models price range with that kind of spec and technology.
The strada series, but thats for serious high volume coffess shops like starbucks etc.

When i worked with starbucks, they used the mastrena series which made very good coffee but it isnt as fast or automated like the current semi auto machines.
lameduck
post Jul 28 2015, 09:56 PM

23 posts

The aeropress http://aerobie.com/products/aeropress.htm is the best coffee maker that I've ever come across, and had the pleasure to own.

user posted image
TSkangarooo
post Jul 29 2015, 11:18 AM

Casual
354 posts

QUOTE(AppreciativeMan @ Jul 23 2015, 05:53 PM)
These are affordable espresso machines + grinder costing slightly over RM3k....
Thanks bro...but it seem like for pro to use leh~~
AppreciativeMan
post Aug 10 2015, 05:07 PM

Regular
1,801 posts

QUOTE(kangarooo @ Jul 29 2015, 11:18 AM)
Thanks bro...but it seem like for pro to use leh~~
No really la.... But definitely better to hav the basic knowledge about coffee and understanding the basic of brewing.....
ymeng85
post Aug 13 2015, 05:55 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lameduck @ Jul 28 2015, 09:56 PM)
The aeropress http://aerobie.com/products/aeropress.htm is the best coffee maker that I've ever come across, and had the pleasure to own.

user posted image
I support the Aeropress with a hand grinder suggestion. It will cost less than RM300 in total and you are getting real specialty cafe grade quality (skills and research dependent of course)
So it's ideal for a casual drinker or even a coffee snob later on that wants to control variables like bean type, grind levels, dosing, coffee:water ratio, temps
I would say it's a good intro into the third-wave coffee world where the origin flavor of the bean is being prized(heard of floral, fruity, nutty coffees?) rather than the older styles of dark roasting that focuses more on body

Once you have a solid understanding of this new coffee world, you will start to appreciate why someone can justify owning a 64mm burr grinder that costs RM2-3k and a double boiler/HX/E61 espresso machine even at home!

But a note of warning...once you start this journey, you will never be able to drink another glass of 3-1 or local kopitiam kopi-o smile.gif
lameduck
post Aug 14 2015, 09:49 AM

23 posts

QUOTE(ymeng85 @ Aug 13 2015, 05:55 PM)
I support the Aeropress with a hand grinder suggestion. It will cost less than RM300 in total and you are getting real specialty cafe grade quality (skills and research dependent of course)
So it's ideal for a casual drinker or even a coffee snob later on that wants to control variables like bean type, grind levels, dosing, coffee:water ratio, temps
I would say it's a good intro into the third-wave coffee world where the origin flavor of the bean is being prized(heard of floral, fruity, nutty coffees?) rather than the older styles of dark roasting that focuses more on body

Once you have a solid understanding of this new coffee world, you will start to appreciate why someone can justify owning a 64mm burr grinder that costs RM2-3k and a double boiler/HX/E61 espresso machine even at home!

But a note of warning...once you start this journey, you will never be able to drink another glass of 3-1 or local kopitiam kopi-o smile.gif
Agreed with your statements. This contraption plus a hand grinder allowed me to start enjoying coffee "black", and I have not moved back to adding sugar or creamer since then. Much much healthier to be able to stay away from the horribly sweet 3 in 1, but I still drink kopitiam kopi-o with no sugar from time to time. Another plus side to this is that your tastebuds become more desensitized to bitterness. Carlsberg is now drinkable while I used to be such a Tiger person. LoL
admnovsk
post Aug 14 2015, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

im using rancilio silvia since 2010. good machine, worth considering.
crapp0
post Aug 14 2015, 02:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

I have an aeropress if i want, an americano style coffee.

If i want something similar to a espressos, i whip out my mokapot. I underutilize my bodum french press though.

user posted image

user posted image

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0250sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:23 AM