Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to allow 2 sites behind router to connect, each other without port forwarding ?

views

TSnarf03
post Jul 19 2015, 12:58 AM, updated 9y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

As per title, I want to know if there is a way to allow 2 sites that is behind router to directly connect to each other without opening ANY PORT, its ok to have a middle server but the middle server should only help in establishing connection, not passing all the data between them.

Are there any ways ?

Something like skype transfer files, when you send a file to another skype user, the file is directly going to the destination, if both skype users are in the same network, the speed will be only limited by the LAN speed not the internet speed.
Eventless
post Jul 19 2015, 09:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,641 posts

It basically comes down to making the connection using the local LAN IP address when making the connection. This is assuming that no third party server on the internet is required to facilitate the transfer. If you are using domain names to connect to each other, you can edit the hosts files in the operating system to force the OS on both servers to use the local IP addresses instead of looking it up from DNS. Local network traffic does not go into the internet.
wKkaY
post Jul 19 2015, 11:51 AM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

This general topic is called NAT Traversal, you can google it.

Also, if both sides are using TM Unifi with IPv6, you can directly connect both sides without any NAT traversal techniques.
TSnarf03
post Jul 19 2015, 10:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(wKkaY @ Jul 19 2015, 11:51 AM)
This general topic is called NAT Traversal, you can google it.

Also, if both sides are using TM Unifi with IPv6, you can directly connect both sides without any NAT traversal techniques.
Is it called tunneling ?
wKkaY
post Jul 19 2015, 11:18 PM

misutā supākoru
Group Icon
VIP
6,008 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ Jul 19 2015, 10:28 PM)
Is it called tunneling ?
No, tunneling is a different concept.
buzdev2
post Jul 22 2015, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

What you are trying to do is basically NAT punching. Several techniques are already in place for that, but they always need a third party server to initiate, as you need to guess the port number you will have once you have crossed the (potentially multiple) layers of NATs. NAT is there to solve IPv4 exhaustion, so once IPv6 is deployed, computers should once again have at least one globally routable address to establish direct communications to one another

This post has been edited by buzdev2: Jul 22 2015, 02:32 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.61    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:11 PM