Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unisys - Anybody working there?, Wanna get to know more about it...

views

cym917
post Jan 8 2011, 12:23 PM

4 posts

Whoever still working at UniSys, which department you are in??

I am going to have interview as .net developer.
But not sure what are the qualification they request, not sure what i should prepare for interview....
Any senior working there can help help ;-)
SUSRaikkonen
post Jun 3 2011, 08:17 AM

I'll be your ♡ ☁ ☼ ☂
8,635 posts

Hi.

I might get a job as Operation Assistant (Level 1) here.
Doing data entry.

Working hours 12.30pm - 9.00pm.
RM1500 per month.

Works starts at 12.30pm because the data's was sent from banks at that time.

Anyone doing the same thing?

This post has been edited by Raikkonen: Jun 3 2011, 08:21 AM
kicksense
post Sep 27 2011, 12:06 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

I used to work with Unisys since 2009. I leave the unisys after 2years. Now, i work with other company already. My post is Administrative Assistant and my dept were doing cheque clearing for local bank such as Maybank, RHB, Bank Islam and CIMB. And i ll share with y'all my exp.

Good thing:
1. Job is easy, dress code is casual
2. Working hours suit my lifestyle (from 1PM till 9PM) i m hard to wake up early in the morning LOL
3. Alot of people in the dept. So, u got many friend. If u can hang with em. LOL
4. Nice benefit also, such as medical, insurance, optical, dental, car park.

Not so good is, actually really NOT good:
1. Job is easy but my dept dont have break. I work from 1PM till 9PM WITHOUT any BREAK! So, u spent around 7-8hours in front of the PC, doin the key-in and reports etc. U can go to toilet but it is monitored by ur team leader. I m doin alot of data entry for cheque amount. U must key-in amount and acc number without any error. So can u imagine working with full of focus for 7-8hours straight? And to be honest, the average volume of cheq per day at that centre (Damansara) is around 300,000. They dept got around 70 permanent staff and 70-90 temp staff. Is the volume is small? Haha. Just prepare urself for hi-volume day (e.g before Hari Raya, before Xmas, before New Year)

2. Career growth not so good. No promotion. Why? because the was no any performance evaluation. No annual increament. And no bonus too. (The other employer said what when i m telling this to them during interview. "Waah, got this company meh? No bonus? then, he laughed. Same thing happen when the guy from Jobstreet interviwed me. "OMG, if I were u, i wouldnt work there) Untill now, i still wondering how i can 'tahan' at the company for 2 years plus already. Fuhh.

3. For new staff, got different salary rate. For example, System Operator hired in 2009. His salary is RM2000. But in 2010, new staff get RM2250 but the old staf still remain with their current salary which is RM2000. Again in 2011, another new staf coming in and he get RM2500, while the 2009 staff still remain with RM2000 and 2010 staff remain with RM2250. Went to HR and ask bout this. They said the salary offered was based on Market Reference Index, so they have to follow current salary rate. Sad thing for 2009 staf? how about 2006 staf? Huuuu u imagine it. Why the old staf salary didnt increase? As i informed before, no annual increament. Even the current market salary increased. Sigh, what kind of system is this. Went to Pejabat Buruh, they said can do nothing because it is consider as small company, not listed company (Unisys (M) Sdn Bhd) if listed company, the name should be Unisys (M) Berhad. If listed company, u ll enjoy good benefit services and have union where u can fight for ur right in the company if there any unfair situation to emplyee.

4. Fringe Benefit? Emm. No annual dinner, no sportclub, no company trip, and nothing. U come to work and they pay ur salary, thats all. People said, work like cow. No life.

5. Politics. No need to elaborate on this. u wanna know, u go work there 1st. U ll know. I ll let u feel it.

More? i think thats for now. I supposed to resign earlier but the was a rumor said the company will give and increament for 2011, but till Feb 2011, nothing happen. Went to HR, they said maybe management postpone it but dunno till when. Huh? Waste my time wait till 2011 but got nothing. In the middle of 2011, i got a better offer and I am glad i accepted the new offer.

Maybe different dept got diff situation, but for KL branch, this is the reality for most of their staff. No wonder staff come and go in this company for short period of time. U will always see job advertisement from Ade**o related to job in Unisys. (Ade**o usually is their official recruiter for Unsys KL branch)

Dont believe? Can go and work there 1st. I just share what i feel during my employement before.
Conclusion : (For me la,) Unisys didnt suit with my career growth planning and goals. So, have to move on.

p/s: Feel free to PM me for any Q related. I live in Subang. Lets yum-cha for EX-unisys staf. Hehe

This post has been edited by kicksense: Sep 27 2011, 12:20 AM
suiteng
post Oct 2 2011, 11:34 PM

Hopeless President
3,589 posts

I was in consultancy. It wasn't that bad smile.gif
kicksense
post Oct 3 2011, 09:51 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

Which dept and branch u are suiteng?
suiteng
post Oct 4 2011, 12:02 AM

Hopeless President
3,589 posts

As I said, consulting. There's no branch.
kicksense
post Apr 3 2012, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

How are you today unisys staff and EX-staff? hehe..

feel free to share ur experience here..
dc_hunter
post Apr 4 2012, 02:42 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

i would like to know how's unisys doing so far....
kicksense
post Jun 29 2012, 04:11 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

latest i heard, they give 30 mins breaks now.. starting this year 2012. They r still hiring people.

hockwei123456
post Oct 29 2012, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
194 posts

QUOTE(kicksense @ Jun 29 2012, 04:11 PM)
latest i heard, they give 30 mins breaks now.. starting this year 2012. They r still hiring people.
for data entry? What is the job like?
kicksense
post Oct 31 2012, 03:44 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(hockwei123456 @ Oct 29 2012, 09:20 PM)
for data entry? What is the job like?
keying all day long... mostly numbers.
SomaCruz89
post Mar 9 2013, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
289 posts

I received an interview invitation for System Admin position this coming Friday.

Any ex-staffs or staffs can share the workload of this job? Frequent standby/OT needed? Need work in shift rotation and weekend also? What's the culture there e.g. alot of 'fire-fighting'??

Mind share the benefits as well e.g. standby allowance, OT, mileage claim, bonus n etc.

Thanks in advance.
TSGenkiGal
post Mar 14 2013, 05:14 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

Hello all, it has been years i have not log into this forum tongue.gif

FYI, I'm currently still in Unisys since i started this thread ^^
So you can calculate how many years i've been here and still happy with my boss and my colleague smile.gif There are many people that worked even longer than me here. So i guess that explained our job satisfaction.

It's really depend on what department you are in and what job role you are being assigned to. I can't say it all for other departments. So my advise is, when you got the interview, just be realistic and ask about things that you need to know so you don't assume this and that and when you don't get it you will be ended up to be sour grape.

FYI, we are still actively hiring developers, system analysts, system supports and governance manager smile.gif

haima
post Mar 14 2013, 06:06 PM

2 posts

@@

This post has been edited by haima: Nov 30 2013, 11:19 AM
kicksense
post Apr 24 2013, 12:39 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

there is improvement in unisys now. I would say it's a great move from them. Sportclub should be revive back...
sky_zacklee
post Jun 15 2013, 09:36 AM

9 posts

Hi All,

Having interview soon as System Administrator in PJ Uptown Unisys.
Did anyone can advice on this?
Thanks.
ja828
post Sep 30 2013, 04:20 PM

4 posts

Saw Unisys is hiring software tester...plan to apply. anyone can give some idea for working environment, interview process and so on ? brows.gif
hihihehe
post Nov 22 2013, 03:07 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,450 posts

QUOTE(sky_zacklee @ Jun 15 2013, 09:36 AM)
Hi All,

Having interview soon as System Administrator in PJ Uptown Unisys.
Did anyone can advice on this?
Thanks.
Are you currently working in Unisys? How was it? No bonus or yearly increment,etc?
weileongz
post Nov 27 2013, 04:47 PM

Gaijin
947 posts

Hi All
I received call to interview team leader - cheque processing , working hour is like 1pm to 9pm . Need to manage staff and handling their problem. Looks like lot of staff there is notti?

What else you all can advice me ?
Good?
SUSmrfuad87
post Nov 27 2013, 06:00 PM

Getting Started
169 posts

can someone advice about it dept
thanks

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled