Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Sharing a 8mbps and 4mbps internet problem

views

TSdarklord95
post Jul 4 2015, 11:40 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
65 posts

I am a student living in a hostel, sharing a 8mbps internet and 4mbps internet, and I live in ground floor while the internet is on the top floor, so most of the time

I am having a bad wifi signal, often get 3 bars only, the problem is not only that, the problem is with THERE IS THIS GUY WHO KEEPS DOWNLOADING MOVIES

that eats up the bandwidths, sometimes I could not even load up GOOGLE. Complain does not work, this madafaaaka just will not stop, is there any way that

I can like balance it up the internet speed, cuz it is irritating when it comes to grave situations like I want to do my assignment, online to research but I can't.
lolzcalvin
post Jul 4 2015, 11:49 PM

shibe in predicament
1,519 posts

lol.

I assume that "guy" downloads movie via torrent or any download client?
You should ask him to limit the bandwidth where most of the download clients will have this function. Else you can sneak to his pc and limit the bandwidth yourself.

digilife
post Jul 4 2015, 11:50 PM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
8,024 posts

You have a 4mb & 8mb line ?

Easy, let him have the 8mb & you can use the 4mb or use a good router to limit his bandwidth

wink.gif
TSdarklord95
post Jul 4 2015, 11:54 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(digilife @ Jul 4 2015, 11:50 PM)
You have a 4mb & 8mb line ?

Easy, let him have the 8mb & you can use the 4mb or use a good router to limit his bandwidth

wink.gif
Sorry erm, I guess I did not say things clearly. What I mean is that, this hostel has around like 12 people sharing this 8mbps and 4mbps internet, normally its
very slow already since so many ppl sharing and yet this guy keeps on watching movie and do stuffs that will consume the bandwidth. I just wanted to know
is there any way like to limit the bandwidths only to me for a period of time
WebWalker
post Jul 4 2015, 11:58 PM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,851 posts

QUOTE(darklord95 @ Jul 4 2015, 11:54 PM)
Sorry erm, I guess I did not say things clearly. What I mean is that, this hostel has around like 12 people sharing this 8mbps and 4mbps internet, normally its
very slow already since so many ppl sharing and yet this guy keeps on watching movie and do stuffs that will consume the bandwidth. I just wanted to know
is there any way like to limit the bandwidths only to me for a period of time
If you have no access (or control) to the router, you can't do much thing.

Consider to to subscribe your own broadband ... now got a lot a mobile broadband package in very compatible price.

This post has been edited by WebWalker: Jul 4 2015, 11:58 PM
digilife
post Jul 5 2015, 12:01 AM

The MNP guy, its me yeah.
8,024 posts

QUOTE(WebWalker @ Jul 4 2015, 11:58 PM)
If you have no access (or control) to the router, you can't do much thing.

Consider to to subscribe your own broadband ... now got a lot a mobile broadband package in very compatible price.
Yeah, there are a few 3GB plan at very attractive prices now , use it for important task

Attached Image

TSdarklord95
post Jul 5 2015, 08:53 AM

Getting Started
65 posts

Guess I have no choice then. :/ Alright will consider the package plan, although most of the time here have no signal too for broadband.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:49 PM