Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SteamBot Help, I'm new to C#

views

TSboon96
post Jul 4 2015, 06:58 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
100 posts

Hello taiko-taiko Lowyat who can help me icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

I'm trying to learn how to modify this bot to help me in Steam Trading and currently I'm using the bot from backpack.tf here but my friend said that this bot is better than the node.js one.

I have no idea how this works and I'm hoping somebody here can give me an insight on where should I start because I'm completely clueless at this point.

If you don't want to completely spoon feed me it's okay I just need some guidelines.

The source code to the SteamBot is at GitHub

Sorry if I made any mistakes and thanks in advance

thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by boon96: Jul 5 2015, 12:26 AM
mauli74
post Aug 31 2015, 11:06 PM

42 posts

hey bro.....hows ur works there?
im looking for someone can make steambot and trading website....
TSboon96
post Sep 1 2015, 03:17 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(mauli74 @ Sep 1 2015, 12:06 AM)
hey bro.....hows ur works there?
im looking for someone can make steambot and trading website....
I'm not using this one anymore, I changed to using the node.js one, that's better in my opinion. More straight forward.

You can check it out here if you're interested.
pangch
post Sep 1 2015, 03:52 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

wwhat kind of project u doing related to steam bot ?
TSboon96
post Sep 2 2015, 04:01 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(pangch @ Sep 1 2015, 04:52 PM)
wwhat kind of project u doing related to steam bot ?
Nothing much actually, just trying out for fun and in the process learn some stuff.

I'm a tf2 trader and then I found out about this bot thingies so I just decided to look into it and maybe get some cool stuff out of it. No project in mind at the moment
nickykee
post Sep 3 2015, 01:42 PM

45 posts

cool nice projexct
alexa
post Sep 7 2015, 12:43 PM

Big Boss
1,456 posts

nice smile.gif
mauli74
post Sep 10 2015, 03:37 PM

42 posts

zz...forgot to look back this topic after i comment....
oh im just looking to know the cost buying a steambot or someone like to work on this...
want to try a new business on trading....
haha...
TSboon96
post Sep 10 2015, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(mauli74 @ Sep 10 2015, 04:37 PM)
zz...forgot to look back this topic after i comment....
oh im just looking to know the cost buying a steambot or someone like to work on this...
want to try a new business on trading....
haha...
now bad time for trading bro, business not so good but you don't need bot for trading unless you planning on making a site.
mauli74
post Sep 17 2015, 04:59 AM

42 posts

QUOTE(boon96 @ Sep 10 2015, 10:45 PM)
now bad time for trading bro, business not so good but you don't need bot for trading unless you planning on making a site.
how bad do u mean? yea...im planning on making a site for selling items automatically (receive payment , send tradeoffer) or a SIMULATED STEAM MARKET(people buy and sell here we charge 2-5% for the transaction, we dealing with virtual currency here and cashout to them , like VPGAME...but they dont cashout like steam wallet fund)

steambot is most likely can be done......just not sure about the payment solution...without payment solution....either 1st or 2nd idea also cant be done....

do u have any idea on this?

This post has been edited by mauli74: Sep 17 2015, 05:01 AM
TSboon96
post Sep 17 2015, 10:24 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(mauli74 @ Sep 17 2015, 05:59 AM)
how bad do u mean? yea...im planning on making a site for selling items automatically (receive payment , send tradeoffer) or a SIMULATED STEAM MARKET(people buy and sell here we charge 2-5% for the transaction, we dealing with virtual currency here and cashout to them , like VPGAME...but they dont cashout like steam wallet fund)

steambot is most likely can be done......just not sure about the payment solution...without payment solution....either 1st or 2nd idea also cant be done....

do u have any idea on this?
I'm mostly doing team fortress 2 trading so I can't really say much about CSGO, but for some reason my sales has been dropping by quite a lot the last month. This is also happening to a lot of traders, not sure why.

My suggestion if you wanna do anything with steam better use javascript, things are much easier there and the people are more helpful. And for payment I can only think of PayPal at the moment, that one also quite risky. There are sites that does what you plan on doing already and they are quite good at it.

for CSGO : OPskins
for TF2 : Marketplace

If you really wanna make a site you gotta think of something new smile.gif and if you need any insight on trading or wanna share some ideas with me you can add my steam profile @ SteamUser - Major

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:30 PM