Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Exabytes VS Serverfreak, Which Offers A Better & Safer Package?

Which Offers A Better & Safer Web Hosting Package With Built In E-Commerce Feature?

Exabytes [ 20 ] ** [47.62%]
Serverfreak [ 20 ] ** [47.62%]
No Difference [ 2 ] ** [4.76%]
Total Votes: 42

views

TShouse
post Jul 3 2015, 12:34 PM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
115 posts

I am wanting to set up a website that can sell items, including accept online payments (debit card, credit card, fpx, etc.). Any recommendation on which service provider is better?

The 2 biggest one in market now is Exabytes and Serverfreak. But it is very confusing to decide which offer a better and safer package, because i don't know much about website building. I am also on budget at the moment, so i prefer to build a website on my own. I have tried Wordpress before, and i find it very tricky and difficult to get a fully functioning website, especially when setting up a payment gateway within the website.

Please help me. I need advice. TQVM.

TShouse
post Jul 7 2015, 12:34 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(ladycooper @ Jul 6 2015, 11:48 AM)
mind to share which software you are using for your shopping cart?
good question. i have no idea! i don't know much about shopping cart softwares. blush.gif
TShouse
post Jul 7 2015, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(ahken07 @ Jul 6 2015, 11:53 AM)
prestashop not bad... easy to use and setup.

a lot premium theme selling out there also... like themeforest.
prestashop is a theme on wordpress platform?

premium themes......are they expensive? do they charge in hundreds or thousands? hehe....sorry, noob here.
TShouse
post Jul 7 2015, 12:37 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(gallenjw87 @ Jul 6 2015, 03:35 PM)
Using Wordpress is not bad however you need to install additional plugin such as the WooCommerce. I am personally using OpenCart which I find it quite easy to use and most of the major hosting package already bundle the pre-installed scripts as where you can easily perform the installation. Exabytes provide web hosting services since year 2001 so in terms of the stability I think this could be one of the factor you can consider.
i've been hearing a lot of negative reviews on Exabytes' tech support.

Is it difficult to connect the plugins to the domain address and email system?
TShouse
post Jul 8 2015, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(ijat84 @ Jul 7 2015, 03:28 PM)
and you don't have to worry about serverfreak's support. top freaking notch.

as for shopping cart, i 'd suggest magento, but that depends on the requirements. if your system is not that complicated, go for wordpress + woocommerce.
Thanks ijat! I shall definitely take the advice under consideration.
TShouse
post Jul 13 2015, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(Vincentccw @ Jul 9 2015, 02:16 PM)
Serverfreak +1, execellent customer services. On the other hand Exabyte is like meh....  The reason Exabyte has got more fame is because of their overly advertised ads last time.
Yeah, i couldn't help but to notice they advertise A LOT! brows.gif
TShouse
post Jul 20 2015, 11:38 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(Andrew Lim @ Jul 14 2015, 10:31 AM)
I'd recommend ServerFreak over Exabytes.

I've been using ServerFreak for years, mainly for PHP hosting. They upgrade their CPanel regularly, and you can select which PHP version you need. Never had any problems with them, uptime is really 99%.

For Exabytes I've only had experience with my client's installations. But I've not been impressed. Their CPanel has lots of advertisements and database downtimes are a regular event as well.

If you're good at Linux/Admin stuff, I'd recommend DigitalOcean over ServerFreak and Exabytes. You get to install anything and you can create extra IPs on the fly. However DigitalOcean only gives you a blank installation, so you have to install and setup everything yourself. But you have full control.
That's a good suggestion Andrew! Thank you. I shall certainly consider this option. Hopefully it will not require to in depth of a knowledge base for website building. A total noob here. blush.gif
TShouse
post Aug 3 2015, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

Thanks everyone! I believe i shall go with Serverfreak then. smile.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0365sec    0.23    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 PM