Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Opinions needed, PS Vita screen replacement., Need opinion from sifus

views

TSDavidoff888
post Jun 30 2015, 01:41 PM, updated 9y ago

44 posts

I have a Ps Vita 1000, broke the internal OLED screen around two years back, other function assume to be still working as I can still hear the sliding sound and open/close app, just no display.. And since I need to replace the OLED screen and as we all know, Sony Malaysia does not cover warranty and even repair services for devices bought outside Malaysia.

Been seeking high and low and found no one able to do a screen replacement and the oled part is hard to come by anyway.

Til recently while I visiting P.J. Section 14 Digital Mall for mobile parts and met a guy from a game kiosk upstair (I guess I cant tell the kiosk's name here?). Told him the situation and he say yes he might able to ask his technician to do the replacement, which kinda surprise me, and he says it costs RM380-400.

So I wish to get opinion from all the sifus and experienced players or any technician/shop owners here, that:
1)Is the price acceptable?
2)And is it safe to hand to them for repair?
3)Any other suggestions to get it fixed or any other technician/shop recommended?

(PM me if its too sensitive to include shop/technician name and contact in the thread.)

This post has been edited by Davidoff888: Jun 30 2015, 03:26 PM
isr25
post Jun 30 2015, 01:54 PM

Regular
1,189 posts

For RM380-400 you might as well just buy a new one. Brand new 2K vitas cost RM600.
TSDavidoff888
post Jun 30 2015, 03:00 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(isr25 @ Jun 30 2015, 01:54 PM)
For RM380-400 you might as well just buy a new one. Brand new 2K vitas cost RM600.
Erm, I test play the 2k in store and find that I personally prefer the 1k bulky feelin and the screen sharpness, well maybe my taste is odd, idk.. Haha..

Another thing is this unit is quite meaningful to me, I looking for someone to fix just wonder if this is the price or I should just keep it.
And ofcoz will appreciate if there is any alternatives/outlets/ or other solution recommended

This post has been edited by Davidoff888: Jun 30 2015, 03:02 PM
Mgsrulz
post Jul 1 2015, 09:54 PM

30 years of Metal Gear
All Stars
14,258 posts

QUOTE(Davidoff888 @ Jun 30 2015, 03:00 PM)
Erm, I test play the 2k in store and find that I personally prefer the 1k bulky feelin and the screen sharpness, well maybe my taste is odd, idk.. Haha..

Another thing is this unit is quite meaningful to me, I looking for someone to fix just wonder if this is the price or I should just keep it.
And ofcoz will appreciate if there is any alternatives/outlets/ or other solution recommended
I've seen comparisons between the two models, and as much as i agree with you about the 1k model, with that kind of price tag just to replace the screen, you're better off getting a new 2k.
BBXiong
post Jul 2 2015, 02:09 PM

CFX
6,316 posts

or just get a Vita TV value pack, it's like Rm300 now with a 8GB MMC. IMO it's not worth to get the 1k now, u might even wanna dig around garage sales, second hand unit might go around that price also
snipersnake
post Jul 2 2015, 04:10 PM

typical abah
2,652 posts

QUOTE(Davidoff888 @ Jun 30 2015, 03:00 PM)

same here, i prefer the 1k screen. well, it is OLED
TSDavidoff888
post Jul 2 2015, 08:41 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(BBXiong @ Jul 2 2015, 02:09 PM)
or just get a Vita TV value pack, it's like Rm300 now with a 8GB MMC. IMO it's not worth to get the 1k now, u might even wanna dig around garage sales, second hand unit might go around that price also
1k still in production right?
Well getting a new 1k not so worth anyway, was hoping that will have any store offer replacement with a lower price. Or maybe selling the front panel with a resonable price so I can try to fix it myself with the help from youtube, sounds crazy but thats how I replace my laptop and old phone parts sad.gif
Anyway this unit is quite meaningful to me. Hope can repair and continue using, or just keep it. sad.gif
TSDavidoff888
post Jul 2 2015, 08:43 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(snipersnake @ Jul 2 2015, 04:10 PM)
same here, i prefer the 1k screen. well, it is OLED
Not only the screen, the bulky fat feeling somehow makes me feel more ommph while playing, wonder why, maybe my taste is odd or I have quite a big palm? Lolz.
TSDavidoff888
post Jul 2 2015, 08:49 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(Mgsrulz @ Jul 1 2015, 09:54 PM)
I've seen comparisons between the two models, and as much as i agree with you about the 1k model, with that kind of price tag just to replace the screen, you're better off getting a new 2k.
Guess will keep searching if any offer me with lower replacement costs... Or might just get a used 1k n keep mine. sad.gif
TSDavidoff888
post Jul 2 2015, 08:51 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(BBXiong @ Jul 2 2015, 02:09 PM)
Yea, kinda agree with that.. I think just go for the second hand unit, or just keep waiting for miracle..

TSDavidoff888
post Jul 5 2015, 04:57 PM

44 posts

If anyone has any suggestions but its too sensitive to show on the thread, can just pm me and lemme know.. Thanks smile.gif
TSDavidoff888
post Oct 25 2015, 02:50 AM

44 posts

Problem solved, thanks to Heavyarm Subang.
Super fast repair, eventho screen protector was removed and repair process scratched a lil bit on the naked screen (in which i already expect that from start so not an issue for me)..

Given 1 month for the new inner OLED screen from them, lets see how it goes.

Repair is super fast and friendly, and they will keep making sure other parts are all functional, at last even discount 5bucks on new protector.

Recommended for all who has similar problem or any hardware faulty..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:58 PM