Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What skin condition is this?

views

TSLez Pall
post Jun 28 2015, 09:39 PM, updated 9y ago

46 posts

I'd like to ask if anyone knows what it is or if any of you experienced it before.

Everytime i immerse myself in a swimming pool or any body of water,i would get these red bulges on my skin after 15 mins or so as if i was bitten by a horde of mosquitoes.

The same thing also happens when i go to a shopping mall and the air conditioning would cause my skin to develop red bulges which itches a heck of a lot.It seems as if my skin is very reactive towards cold temperatures.

Leave me a comment if anyone knows of my skin condition. icon_question.gif
steadystream
post Jun 28 2015, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

let me guess, your doctor did not say anything that cause it and just give u anti itchy pills and steroid cream to treat the symptoms?
munkeyflo
post Jun 29 2015, 02:03 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,728 posts

There is such thing call water allergy. I have it. Aquagenic urticaria or Aquagenic pruritus. Check with your dermatologist.

I went to a few dermatologist before one could properly explain it to me. A lot of them don't even know that such thing could exist.

For me, it started once I hit puberty. Rain, sweat, swimming pool, sea, shower (local, overseas), any contact with water, my torso until butt there will have red itchy bumps all over for about 15-30 minutes. One of the doctor gave me meds to be taken before I come in contact with water everytime, which I didn't bother. The last dermatologist I saw, gave me a name for the condition and told me that it'll get better when I grow older, which it did (the doctor himself is allergic to certain temperature water only). It has been more than 15 years since I have it and I hardly notice it now.
blur_blue
post Jul 1 2015, 06:13 PM

Getting Started
145 posts

Could be just rashes... due to sensitive skin kot. I got that myself.

whyamiblack
post Jul 1 2015, 06:22 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Chlorine sensitive. The rest probably just sensitive skin.

This post has been edited by whyamiblack: Jul 1 2015, 06:23 PM
smallbug
post Jul 2 2015, 06:24 AM

Enthusiast
859 posts

I get it too, sometimes before starting my run.. legs would be itchy like hell after about 5 minutes, then subside.. didn't see any redness though.. I read that it could be due to insufficient warmup?
TSLez Pall
post Jul 2 2015, 01:25 PM

46 posts

It could be possible that i have 2 of these conditions below

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art...rticlekey=23301

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Allergy/cold-...-rash/show/3941

Either way,i should avoid being exposed to cold anything for too long but doctor intervention isn't needed as it would heal after a few mins/hours eventually.

This post has been edited by Lez Pall: Jul 2 2015, 01:33 PM
danny_sp15
post Jul 3 2015, 10:12 AM

==============
3,045 posts

Seems like allergy towards airborne n waterborne allergens, unlikely the water itself. It doesnt happen when u shower at home right?
TSLez Pall
post Jul 3 2015, 10:23 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(danny_sp15 @ Jul 3 2015, 10:12 AM)
Seems like allergy towards airborne n waterborne allergens, unlikely the water itself. It doesnt happen when u shower at home right?
Nope,doesn't occur when i shower(hot or cold) but it does happen when i'm exposed to aircon or immersing in a pool for about 20 mins.Most likely i have cold rashes and swimmer's itch(caused by waterborne bacteria).

As i've said before this,no need for medical help as it'll heal eventually after a few mins or applying ointment to the rashes.
joachim7615
post Jul 23 2015, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ Jun 28 2015, 09:39 PM)
I'd like to ask if anyone knows what it is or if any of you experienced it before.

Everytime i immerse myself in a swimming pool or any body  of water,i would get these red bulges on my skin after 15 mins or so as if i was bitten by a horde of mosquitoes.

The same thing also happens when i go to a shopping mall and the air conditioning would cause my skin to develop red bulges which itches a heck of a lot.It seems as if my skin is very reactive towards cold temperatures.

Leave me a comment if anyone knows of my skin condition. icon_question.gif
Is allergy, do consult a doctor or skin specially to have a clearer image. They will give you a diagnose and provide cream for you to apply~
Get well soon~

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:40 PM